Daughters of Khaine unboxing on TGA

Ben

While that drys,

one of my favourite parts of the book is the difficult choices you are presented with.  Even choosing your general is tough. 

Morathi’s command ability is excellent and can change a game but you will not get access to the great selection of command traits. 

The same applies to the Temples of Khaine. 

Some of the abilities granted by the temples are exceptional but they come with the price of being forced to take that temples command trait. Don’t get me wrong, some of them you will want to use, but you will not get access to the standard Daughters of Khaine command traits. 

Using the standard command traits you can build your Slaughter Queen on Cauldren of Blood to have an extra wound, and heal wounds each turn. With an artefact you can get a 4+ vs mortal wounds from spells and a prayer to heal wounds. 

This lets you keep the blood shield up and buff your army  

If you use a Temple then that combo is limited. 

There are quite a few trade offs like this in the book. 

The temple that I will be using initially are the Khailebron. 

Their command trait lets you teleport a unit around the table (outside 9”) and army wide -1 to hit from shooting. 

Its a powerful ability for sure on paper. In the game it might be better to anhance the army’s strengths with a more aggressive ability. 

The Draich Gareth temple does not have a set command trait. Instead your slaughter queen has a Darksword. 

You can end up with a Slaughter Queen doing 8 attacks, hitting in 2+ (temple ability +1 to hit on charge), rerolls to hit and wound depending on battle trait, Rend -2 (Mindrazor) and damge d3+2 (command trait for +1 damage and mindrazor). 

On the back of a Cauldren of Blood this is a killing machine and gives your opponent a real tough decision on target priority.

woah, awesome. Thanks for sharing. Could we get a size comparison with a normal humanoid model,please? Or maybe a Marine - not that anyone would do a conversion merging marines and snakes *cough*...

And:

45 minutes ago, Blood&skulls said:

Do we have any ideas of prices for the snake ladies? 

- Melusai (x5) 40 € 

- khinerai (x5) 35 €

2 hours ago, Bosmer Nightblade said:

Love this release a lot, but for me the prices are too high to afford the army :(

Maybe I'll look again if they ever do a start collecting.

No Start Collecting its true, but there is a Blood Coven pack which is 80 pounds of models for 60 pounds (or if you are in Australia it is an even better) and 3 of these gives you a really good start point

11 hours ago, Bloodmaster said:

woah, awesome. Thanks for sharing. Could we get a size comparison with a normal humanoid model,please? Or maybe a Marine - not that anyone would do a conversion merging marines and snakes *cough*...

And:

- Melusai (x5) 40 € 

- khinerai (x5) 35 €

Where did you see the prices listed?

Archived