What happened to all the Youtube bat reps?

Is it just me or did all the channels putting out real time live AoS bat reps stop recently. I used to watch a lot of the Miniwargaming, Guerilla Miniature Games, Tabletop Mini's,  but haven't seen anything from any of them for a while. Moarhammer does some good slideshow ones, and Doom & Darkness too, but Its been months since I saw anyone do a decent video rep.

Does anyone know any good channels to watch battle reports/games of AoS being played? Prefer the live format as opposed to slideshows / stills.

I'd noticed the same thing. The Basement collective did one recently with points...to be honest, I found it unwatchable. I think everyone is just holding their breath for the release of The Generals Handbook. 

Yeah I've never been able to watch theirs, 10/10 for enthusiasm but hard to watch.

I figured maybe they are waiting but its a shame they don't play the Ghal Maraz books and more narrative games, tabletop minis was doing some cool stuff for a while but they seemed to have stopped altogether. It's as if its only competitive and power gaming they care about. Ash kept getting his ass kicked on GMG by that kid who had the strong Sigmarine force so maybe he lost interest. MWG only really had Steve playing it and that got boring fast too as he's not so great to watch over and over. Seems like Andy2d6 only manages one every 2 or 3 months which is a shame as they are quite good sometimes.

I used to watch MWG but then made an error of watching a FAQ session where an answer really rubbed me the wrong way. So stopped watching.

Ever watched Guerrilla Miniature Games*? If not, check that out. Ash comes across as a generally enthusiastic and well spoken guy.

Tabletop Minis appear to have slowed right down with their recent relocation. Last videos I saw were 40k related.

Live casts don't work for me. Tabletop games aren't elegant enough for it. Editing required.

I've thought about doing one but the investment & effort required is too high.

*Just checked and as @James McPherson said, looks like he's stopped doing AoS ones.

Tabletop Tactics are supposed to be doing some Age of Sigmar reports later this year, so it'll be interesting to see if that happens. I enjoy their 40K ones, so I'm quite excited to see this happen.

Most of the other channels have been doing it as a part time basis due to them picking a game and running with it for a bit. After a few months they will move onto the next game they want to do.

Tabletop tactics + Striking Scorpion 82 are both awesome, I mainly watch those for 40k and sometimes the banter bat reps with MWG Dave. GMG Ash was really giving AoS a good go when it first came out, but he hasn't done anything for months now.

I was a patreon for Andy and Rem for a month or two but they weren't putting out regular enough content so I had to stop.

I'd like to do some in the future but I don't have enough regular gamer friends to do them with. I work with miniatures and computer animation and film, it's what I do, so am interested in making some high quality ones in future.  I move around a lot for work, will be in NZ from September. Maybe I can do some out there.

22 minutes ago, James McPherson said:

I work with miniatures and computer animation and film, it's what I do, so am interested in making some high quality ones in future. 

Are you in London?

I worked for 8 years at Framestore as a VFX Editor.

Ha nah I've been overseas for a while, I worked in London for about 5 or 6 years at Double Negative, I'm a compositor man, at Weta Digital now. Just back in the UK for a few months taking care of a sick parent. Lets grab a beer at Warlords you said you are going right?

Yeah I'm going to Warlords. Will be good to meet you.

I'm surprised you have the time to play miniature war games. I didn't think they let Comp artists out of their pitch black, overly air conditioned dungeons! ;)

Via Matt at Miniwargaming:

We haven't stopped, we just held off for a few weeks until the new General's Handbook came out.

We will be resuming AoS battle reports after it comes out.

I think they're more likely suffering from a lack of players in their local area which makes it hard to get regular opponents. 

That and people still shooting down a game they don't have any interest in playing in the comments section it's probably a sisyphean task. 

Shame because I really like Ash's style, and MWG finally played a game recently using the SCGT pack. Hopefully it'll pick back up again after the handbook gets released

yeah its weird aye. like all the content providers care about is the pitched battles and don't bother with any of the lovely narrative stuff. Tabletop minis was doing a good job of playing through some of the Ghal Maraz and Dreadhold stuff, but when he moved back to the UK from France he seemed to stop making them, that was months ago now too. 

I used to like Tabletop Minis a lot. I never realised they were Scottish I always thought their accents were like Norwegian or something haha. But yeah, seems they no longer have that sweet barn set-up like they used to. A shame.

On 08/07/2016 at 1:30 PM, pforson said:

Yeah I'm going to Warlords. Will be good to meet you.

I'm surprised you have the time to play miniature war games. I didn't think they let Comp artists out of their pitch black, overly air conditioned dungeons! ;)

Just tfound your post guys. Still at framestore? I work there for the last few years ^^

1 hour ago, James McPherson said:

Haha cool! More VFX dudes! can't speak for Pforson, I am at Weta now. But back in the UK until September on holidays. What department are you?

You guys should really do something! Having some professional polish in a batrep would be awesome!

1 hour ago, James McPherson said:

Haha cool! More VFX dudes! can't speak for Pforson, I am at Weta now. But back in the UK until September on holidays. What department are you?

6 hours ago, James McPherson said:

Digital Matte Painting :-) I have lots of friend at Weta... It s a great place to work.

Archived