Tzeetnch Arcanites Changecult

Wraith01

I just ordered the Tzeentch Arcanites Changecult boxed set! I also have Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower board game, so I already have some extra units and Heroes. This will be my 3rd AoS army behind Stormcast Eternals and Blades of Khorne (mostly Bloodbound but with some Daemons)

So that breaks down to;

3 heroes: Tzangor Shaman, Ogroid Thaumaturge and Gaunt Summoner

28 Kairic Acolytes, 26 Tzangors, 6 Skyfires, 2 pink Horrors, 4 Blue Horrors and 4 pairs of Brimstone Horrors

I also have the Start Collecting Slaves to Darkness Boxed set and some Chaos Marauders

I'm considering buying the Tzeentch Start collecting box  because that should take me to 2000 points... any thoughts or recommendations?

I think you should level up the Tzaangors, AKA buy a set, make four of them and use the remaining six as conversion bases for the enlightened. You get six sets of weapons in the two skyfires sets, and if you wanted to you could buy some screamers as discs of tzeentch , or just keep them on foot.

also, 30 tzaangors is SO much better than 20, each one is making five attacks, and equip them right and it could be 1'/5/3+/3+/-/1 

5 hours ago, S133arcanite said:

I think you should level up the Tzaangors, AKA buy a set, make four of them and use the remaining six as conversion bases for the enlightened. You get six sets of weapons in the two skyfires sets, and if you wanted to you could buy some screamers as discs of tzeentch , or just keep them on foot.

also, 30 tzaangors is SO much better than 20, each one is making five attacks, and equip them right and it could be 1'/5/3+/3+/-/1 

Sounds like a plan!

Yeah it's a really good deal that I'm pretty tempted to pick up myself. Something straightforward but effective like this would probably do well.

Allegiance: Tzeentch
Gaunt Summoner and Chaos Familiars (120)
- General, Artefact: Paradoxical Shield, Lore of Fate: Treacherous Bond
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
- Lore of Change: Fold Reality
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)
- Artefact: Windsthief Charm, Lore of Fate: Shield of Fate
10 x Kairic Acolytes (100)
- 7x Cursed Blade & Arcanite Shield, 3x Cursed Glaives
- 7x Cursed Blade & Arcanite Shield, 3x Cursed Glaives
30 x Tzaangors (450)
- 6x Pair of Savage Blade, 12x Savage Greatblade, 12x Savage Blade & Arcanite Shield
6 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (320)
6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (400)
Tzaangor Coven (90)
Reinforcement Points (100)

@SpiritofHokuto that is a nice list. 

I just bought the same as @Wraith01 and was planning somehting like that. The 100pts left be used to summon a Vortex or some Blue Horrors, which can ben very interesting.

But as I converted my silver tower/regular tzaangors to Enlightned, I cant make 30 tzaangors right now, so I´m thinking something like that:

Gaunt Summoner (120)
- General
- Trait: Nexus of Fate 
- Artefact: Aspect of Tzeentch 
- Lore of Fate: Treacherous Bond
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)
- Artefact: Timeslip Pendant 
- Lore of Fate: Infusion Arcanum
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
- Lore of Fate: Arcane Suggestion
- Lore of Change: Arcane Transformation
20 x Tzaangors (360)
Tzaangor Coven (90)
Balewind Vortex (100)

Total: 1910 / 2000

I´ll use the leftover points to summon Blue Horrors for now. The optimal ideal is to upgrade the Tzaangors to 30 and hit the 2k on spot. 

4 minutes ago, tuorgustavo said:

@SpiritofHokuto that is a nice list. 

I just bought the same as @Wraith01 and was planning somehting like that. The 100pts left be used to summon a Vortex or some Blue Horrors, which can ben very interesting.

But as I converted my silver tower/regular tzaangors to Enlightned, I cant make 30 tzaangors right now, so I´m thinking something like that:

Gaunt Summoner (120)
- General
- Trait: Nexus of Fate 
- Artefact: Aspect of Tzeentch 
- Lore of Fate: Treacherous Bond
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)
- Artefact: Timeslip Pendant 
- Lore of Fate: Infusion Arcanum
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
- Lore of Fate: Arcane Suggestion
- Lore of Change: Arcane Transformation
20 x Tzaangors (360)
Tzaangor Coven (90)
Balewind Vortex (100)

Total: 1910 / 2000

I´ll use the leftover points to summon Blue Horrors for now. The optimal ideal is to upgrade the Tzaangors to 30 and hit the 2k on spot. 

Just a quick note about spells. Each Wizard can only choose one extra spell to know, Warscroll Builder just gives all the options available as the Gaunt Summoner and Tzaangor Shaman can choose one spell from either spell lore. I'd also highly suggest giving the Shaman Fold Reality as being able to top up Enlightened/Skyfires/Horrors is a really powerful ability.  

Archived