Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest

Dread Solstice Dilemma - Which Outcome & Why?

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, Envyus said:

Archaon beat him once. While Nagash was weakened.

2 hours ago, Menkeroth said:

Twice, starting with his first death at the beginning of the Age of Chaos and fall of Nagashizzar. And then in the battle of Bone Cage. With the same result.

47 minutes ago, Envyus said:

Also he does not own most of the Realms. He owns All Points and that is it.

But he does. And with Eigthpoints he controls everything, actually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Harbingers are getting permanent updates due to this campaign, that explains why they are a little lacklustre at the moment. I was chatting on Twitter last night wondering how these changes will be communicated to the players. Updating the app isn’t the style that GW really follows and so it is my opinion that we are going to get four new Battletomes based on the Harbingers factions. Three of the four have been rumored already but knowing the lead time for GW I don’t think we will see these before the end of the year. The Stormcast will be opening a new chamber and from that they will get warmachines. Moonclan have been rumored since the GHB17 and the recent slip up on the community page reinforces this one. Also an ex-employee has hinted at wraiths being the next theme for an undead faction. 

It looks like we will really be making tangible changes with this campaign, unlike the token efforts of the last one and absolute shambles that the previous Storm of Chaos and Albion campaigns were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really interesting how GW is running this campaign, turning a Choose Your Own Adventure structure into a subtle motivation-based series of choices that apply to all Factions. The hidden buffs only add to suspense regarding each weekly revelation, and I'd expect that regardless of the outcome of various choices, ultimately Nagash's plan will be revealed. But what shape will the Realms be in when that occurs? Ah, that is the real question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Redmanphill said:

 Moonclan have been rumored since the GHB17 and the recent slip up on the community page reinforces this one.

 

What did i miss?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

What did i miss?!

When they previewed the army to go with the Fungoid Shaman they put down the allegiance abilities as Moonclan Grot rather than simply destruction. They of course later said it was a mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2018 at 7:17 PM, Menkeroth said:

Twice, starting with his first death at the beginning of the Age of Chaos and fall of Nagashizzar. And then in the battle of Bone Cage. With the same result.

But he does. And with Eigthpoints he controls everything, actually. 

I know of his defeat in the age of chaos but what is the bone cage.

Edit Just found out what the Bone Cage fight was.  Archaon did not beat Nagash he stalled until three Bloodthirsters came to back him up and Nagash retreated cause he could not beat Archaon and Three Bloodthirsters at the same time. 

 

And he clearly does not control everything given that his forces only have majority control over Chamon and the portals from All Points are closed towards Aqshy and Ghyran. 

Edited by Envyus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Envyus said:

I know of his defeat in the age of chaos but what is the bone cage.

 

This. Archaon defeated him twice.  

11 hours ago, Envyus said:

And he clearly does not control everything given that his forces only have majority control over Chamon and the portals from All Points are closed towards Aqshy and Ghyran. 

Which does not prevent him from invading them, because All-gates in Ghyran and Aqshy only hinder Nurgle and Khorne forces. Archaon and his armies from the Eightpoints still have the upper hand.

 

 

Без названия.png

Edited by Menkeroth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Menkeroth said:

This. Archaon defeated him twice.  

Which does not prevent him from invading them, because All-gates in Ghyran and Aqshy only hinder Nurgle and Khorne forces. Archaon and his armies from the Eightpoints still have the upper hand.

 

 

Без названия.png

You ignored the second part of my comment. Archaon did not beat Nagash he stalled him out, until he got back up from three Bloodthirsters and Nagash retreated. That is not even close to the same result as their original battle were Archaon slew Nagash. 

This was not a second great battle between the two that Archaon one on more even terms. This was Archaon stalling a stronger foe so he could get backup that his opponent knew he could not beat at the same time.

Edited by Envyus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is false and you know it. Read the description first. It was a duel and Archaon won the second time. How predictable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Menkeroth & @Envyus this is a nice conversation you two are having but it does seem to be starting to become a bit my dad is harder than your dad. Can I ask you just to be a bit careful please ?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah let's stop wiggling our lore knowledge around, this is getting a bit out of hand.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

@Menkeroth & @Envyus this is a nice conversation you two are having but it does seem to be starting to become a bit my dad is harder than your dad. Can I ask you just to be a bit careful please ?

Roger, sir.

Anyway, I am reading MP book and what is really funny is that if you are a God of Death, you can't hide your malign plans - everyone already is on alert. But. Gods of Chaos certainly are way more powerful than Sigmar who has not noticed something is wrong, while all the Five did - and now ready to foil Nagash's plan. This will get interesting for sure, although it does seem odd Archaon is more busy with something else... rather than fight god of death again he seems to be, I don't know, boozing?

Edited by Menkeroth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Menkeroth said:

Roger, sir.

Anyway, I am reading MP book and what is really funny is that if you are a God of Death, you can't hide your malign plans - everyone already is on alert. But. Gods of Chaos certainly are way more powerful than Sigmar who has not noticed something is wrong, while all the Five did - and now ready to foil Nagash's plan. This will get interesting for sure, although it does seem odd Archaon is more busy with something else... rather than fight god of death again he seems to be, I don't know, boozing?

Yup Sigmar was on his butt doing nothing. He did not think the portents were a big deal until Vandus essentially told him to take it seriously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly. And if he could be gathering his armies for a new offensive, what is Archaon doing? Nobody really noticed all those constructions of great pyramids and obelisks under their noses after all... And by the way, If I were Sigmar I would use this distraction and attack the rest of the All-gates at least while Chaos is preoccupied with Shyish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Menkeroth said:

Exactly. And if he could be gathering his armies for a new offensive, what is Archaon doing? Nobody really noticed all those constructions of great pyramids and obelisks under their noses after all... And by the way, If I were Sigmar I would use this distraction and attack the rest of the All-gates at least while Chaos is preoccupied with Shyish.

Well I think that's the reason why they picked the Darkoath warqueen to be their "prophet" that way Archaon is free to do other stuff. Who know's the three eye king might involve himself later. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe, maybe... In any case I hope Death gets more time in the sun and becomes more of a threat. And I would expect Moonclan grots tome as a consequence, maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calling all Order players! Drake is currently neck and neck with Skull.

1zF6oCk.jpg

You've got just under two days to get as many games and painted units in at your local GW store and report any games and finished units you haven't already. I can't be sure Skull's good for Azyr and it's allies but I can be damn sure Drake won't be. Get painting and playing, go go go!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the skull should win this dilemma. It has the most potential for interesting outcomes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, xking said:

The skull is the victor. 

Yep, though I'm not sure how Week 3's dilemma reflects the result.

WrIclUd.jpg

N7op6sn.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Yep, though I'm not sure how Week 3's dilemma reflects the result.

WrIclUd.jpg

N7op6sn.jpg

It's the next chapter, So I don't think it has anything to do with the last dilemma.  ironically I once again like the skull for this dilemma. I don't like drake as it just sounds like khorne.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking Skull too - it's a "safe" option though so we could see more people going down the route of one of the others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

I'm thinking Skull too - it's a "safe" option though so we could see more people going down the route of one of the others.

I'm holding off. From an Order perspective Drake can't be allowed to win, I'll wait until Sunday to see if Eye or Skull is higher and then decide whether I want to throw my results down for burning or blessing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So yeah I think week 1 was the most important that is my interpretation.  People went for the "Out there" option ignoring the portents completely hence nagash is relaxing somewhat. This week? Death has no stake like at all. Also it's pretty obvious that chaos players should pick drake perhaps it will allow the warqueen to pick a mark or get a permanent power up from khorne.  

Edited by shinros
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...