Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dread Solstice Dilemma - Which Outcome & Why?

It seems nobody wants to be Nagash's friend anymore. Poor Nagash!

Edit: reposted old post. Mishap....

Edited by Baardah
  • Confused 1

Vote for the Drake and continue to fight. 

1 hour ago, xking said:

Vote for the Drake and continue to fight. 

Reminds me of the resident evil film.....

”you’re all going to die down here....”

10 hours ago, LLV said:

Reminds me of the resident evil film.....

”you’re all going to die down here....”

The living could still lose. I just think that if we go down, we should go down fighting.   Not "you fell down some holes, so you lose"

Edited by xking

5 hours ago, xking said:

The living could still lose. I just think that if we go down, we should go down fighting.   Not "you fell down some holes, so you lose"

GW’s version of “rock falls, everybody dies”?

Well everyone knows what my opinion will be on the outcome. Still Nagash has not been unseated at large the other GA's just did a prison break. 

09MGLJl.jpg

Edited by shinros

Just now, Imperial said:

So GW will make some post with info today about end of company? 

Most likely later on in the day, it will take some time. We still don't know what Nagash's great work is. 

• Like 1

Hm, heroes of old reborn... Nice excuse to justify made on demand models of WhFB :-P. 

But seriously, this might turn out very interesting in the long run, with old friends coming back. 

Edit: Damn you, autocorrect 

Edited by Bloodmaster
  • Haha 1

Ice-hearthed queen make me think of the queen of Kislev, who had a whole magical domaine for her, about ice and frost spells

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shinros said:

Well everyone knows what my opinion will be on the outcome. Still Nagash has not been unseated at large the other GA's just did a prison break. 

09MGLJl.jpg

To be honest, I never thought this campaign would stop Nagash(there would be no story then). But after what happened with week one. I did not want Nagash to have a total victory.  I like this ending, who knows what will come of it. I hope to be surprised.

Edited by xking
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, xking said:

To be honest, I never thought this campaign would stop Nagash(there would be no story then). But after what happened with week one. I did not want Nagash to have a total victory.  I like this ending, who knows what will come of it. I hope to be surprised.

Building on that, what's to stop Nagash or one of his minions hunting down these escaped heroes and drag them back to Shyish? Could you imagine a short story or novel about a Death Bounty Hunter whose job it is to reclaim these souls? That would be pretty sweet

• Like 2

Really liking the campaign summary.  The cynic part of me does wonder how much variety there would have been for the end outcome, but that aside, it's been the most thematic campaign GW have run to date and not tying the choices to specific armies/allegiances has been a really good move.

• Like 5

In more hindsight. I think the great work would have been completed no matter what happened. Too many plot threads feed into it being completed, Such as the winds of magic will rebel and slaanesh will be freed.   It may have ended differently, but it was going to happen.

Edited by xking

Or the great work would never have been completed come the end of Dread Solstice. And that means it can still fail.

As I suspected, the campaign summary makes note that the great work still needs some more time and Dread Solstice went about as smoothly as it could have for the great work doing much to speed it up and even though ending with a minor triumph for the forces arrayed against Death, with one that does nothing to directly affect Nagashes plot.

That said, even at the start of Dread Solstice the great work was so far along that completely shutting it down was never really an option, it had already begunn affecting the Realms in to major a way.

However, I do not think that the question wether the great work succeeds or not was ever to be considered the point to Dread Solstice, but rather how the events around the plots discovery and the reaction of everyone else play out and affect the Mortal Realms.

In this, to me, the campaign looks like a smashing success, as it seems to have played out in a way the organizers did not expect without smashing the setting.

I know not everyone feels the same way, but I get the impression that we would have gotten entirely different events and options had the votes gone another way, which playes a large part in the good feel I take away from this (it playing out so much in Deaths favor contributes for me as well).

All in all, I really like how this all has played out and handled. And most certainly this is a far call of the simple and highly predictable allegiance vs. allegiance format used in Seasons of War and Fate of Konor. I suspect even most of those not satisfied with this campaign would still agree that it was a step forward.

Edited by Rogue Explorator
  • Like 5

I agree with others, I think the overall outcome was already decided, and Nagash could never be stopped.    Understandable, but disappointing as well.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, chord said:

I agree with others, I think the overall outcome was already decided, and Nagash could never be stopped.    Understandable, but disappointing as well.

I think this viewpoint depends heavily on the expectation that Dread Solstice was supposed to decide wether the great work succeeds or not. Which, while understandable, has actually very little support in the buildup of Dread Solstice and I think is somewhat unreasonable considering how much that would require GW to change in its release schedule on the fly in the next 1-2 years.

Now, from what we know so far, Dread Solstice had an outcome:

-All the non-Death GAs (including Order) have turned uppon their own people, especially their seers and prophets. In doing so, they have slaughtered some of their greatest and most enlightened minds and likely generated internal strife that will not quiet down anytime soon.

-In Agshy, an extremely dangerous time-manipulating doomsday weapon has been build and empowered.

-legendary heroes and villains from throughout history and even from before history, likely meaning from the world-that-was, have been unleashed from Nagashes best guarded underworld.

Now all three of these qualify to me as an outcome by themself and have massive repercussions on the realms, in my opinion each at least rivaling the effect that Fate of Konor and Seasons of War had on their respective settings. One of these is even likely to have bearing on future miniature releases, as it makes AoSified rereleases of classic heroes much more likely.

I would hardly call that a predetermined outcome.

• Like 4

It was fun! 

Specially getting new stories every couple of days. Apparently we will be getting more short stories too!

I would love it if they release a Dread Solistice Campaign book. Collect all the short stories and the campaign in order with added special Battleplans and Times of War rules. Like the books for the Realmgate Wars. I really hope they plan on releasing such a book. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, xking said:

I want stormcast valten.

Well, while we are at it, there propably will never be a better time and place for the return of Settra The Imperishable!

I mean, if ever was to return, where else could he have been cooped up? And what could be a better continuation for his story than clawing his way back out of Nagashes underworld prison?

Though I do not think he would still be mummified or have a mortal flesh and blood body, let alone the promised Golden One. Well, becoming a Stormcast would actually sort of make that true, but Settra does not serve!

Personally I could see him as a leader of a rogue Nighthaunt force, trying to recreate a vision of Nehekaharra or maybe bound to a slave-crafted body of gold after all, but now I am really getting carried away.

So they posted page about company end https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/03/29/dread-solstice-the-final-reckoning/

So many info about company... so many background ... and what we got? Nothing important for matched play and only 1 hero per GA? After last year The Gathering Storm for 40k i very sad about it. Nice company about Death GA w/o nothing new for Death! We even don't get info about next releases for death after company ends!

This game need get update for matched play as soon as possible and GW make this "nice" move with this company...  I hope club in my town will survive next 3 months before GHB 3 and we don't switch to 40k or malifaux, abandoning aos....