Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dread Solstice Dilemma - Which Outcome & Why?

I know people don't want meta arguments but I am going to make the case.

Vote skull the reason why? So Nagash actually becomes a threat to this setting, right now drake and skull is neck and neck. I personally want the setting to be order vs chaos vs destruction vs Death. So far in the setting it's largely been order vs chaos with destruction and death on the side. Imagine that death can assault the other alliances with impunity? That chaos and order have to watch their backs? I think that would be great for once instead of chaos leering over everybody or order dominating. (Also in this campaign I was also for any choice that would empower destruction.)

Now Nagash is not going to fully succeed I think that's a given but it would be good if he get's a clear partial success, I think it would be interesting to see how sigmar and even the everqueen herself reacts to a resurgence of death. Looking at Malign portents supplement, for once chaos are worried about a "minor" god. Now I know I am being rather meta with this argument but we have a opportunity for once to keep imperium/order from having a clear win in the campaign.

You can vote eye or skull,(but please vote skull, the skeleton pope as a great healthcare plan) but please don't vote drake.

Thank you for reading.

Edited by shinros
  • Like 3

Honestly, whilst I can agree that I would like everyone to be as big a threat in the lore as any other, I will not vote meta in this campaign. If I win a game as orruks, I will vote for what my orruks will do. It is that simple.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

Honestly, whilst I can agree that I would like everyone to be as big a threat in the lore as any other, I will not vote meta in this campaign. If I win a game as orruks, I will vote for what my orruks will do. It is that simple.

That's full within your right to do so. I am just merely making an appeal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shinros said:

I know people don't want meta arguments but I am going to make the case.

Vote skull the reason why? So Nagash actually becomes a threat to this setting, right now drake and skull is neck and neck. I personally want the setting to be order vs chaos vs destruction vs Death. So far in the setting it's largely been order vs chaos with destruction and death on the side. Imagine that death can assault the other alliances with impunity? That chaos and order have to watch their backs? I think that would be great for once instead of chaos leering over everybody or order dominating. (Also in this campaign I was also for any choice that would empower destruction.)

Now Nagash is not going to fully succeed I think that's a given but it would be good if he get's a clear partial success, I think it would be interesting to see how sigmar and even the everqueen herself reacts to a resurgence of death. Looking at Malign portents supplement, for once chaos are worried about a "minor" god. Now I know I am being rather meta with this argument but we have a opportunity for once to keep imperium/order from having a clear win in the campaign.

You can vote eye or skull,(but please vote skull, the skeleton pope as a great healthcare plan) but please don't vote drake.

Thank you for reading.

I am certain the outcome is predetermined regardless. Similar to a pyramid, funneling to the top.

Edited by Mandzak-Miniatures

Well, we're all in trouble now. I knew we were being led into a trap. Be careful if you decide to dance with the devil.

The living of the Order, Chaos and Destruction alliance must fight against this doom. The Drake is the way to go. Back into the fight!

• Like 2

Yup, plunge more of your troops into something called "the oubliette"....

Solid strategy!

I actually posted on the FB post of AoS regarding the sacking of Nagash, that it's pretty much doomed to fail as it's written in LoN. Guess GW shared my opinion there! ;)

Solid strategy!

I actually posted on the FB post of AoS regarding the sacking of Nagash, that it's pretty much doomed to fail as it's written in LoN. Guess GW shared my opinion there! ;)

1 hour ago, Elmir said:

Solid strategy!

No one is going into the oubliette, we just going to break it open and  free our people.    The the sacking of Nagashizzar by all the forces of the living is not in LoN.

Bloody hell, looking at the results at the moment all of them are dead even. Which is awesome I think. 

I'm going to be pushing for drake this week. As an Aelf and Stormcast player, Nagash the betrayer has no right to my people's souls! ;) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xking said:

No one is going into the oubliette, we just going to break it open and  free our people.    The the sacking of Nagashizzar by all the forces of the living is not in LoN.

No, merely approaching Nagashizzar when you aren't undead and crumbling to corpse dust is in LoN however...   As long as the death magic is still flowing strongly, the living can't even get into Nagashizzar. The only time it was ever sacked, was pretty much after Nagash's power was broken by Archaon and it were the daemons who proved able to withstand the death magic there. 

Nagashizzar.JPG.76ec56a72342e47aee84e03f9f0b582a.JPG

Moreover, it seems like Nagash, our lord and saviour,  has had a reaaaaaally good power nap since then... ;) 

Also, judging by the latest short story, it looks like Nagash is capable of reclaiming his rightful property. Stormcast souls can be locked away behind padlocks, so  I'm really curious to see what GW will make of the outcome of this week's events. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Elmir said:

No, merely approaching Nagashizzar when you aren't undead and crumbling to corpse dust is in LoN however...   As long as the death magic is still flowing strongly, the living can't even get into Nagashizzar. The only time it was ever sacked, was pretty much after Nagash's power was broken by Archaon and it were the daemons who proved able to withstand the death magic there. 

Nagashizzar.JPG.76ec56a72342e47aee84e03f9f0b582a.JPG

Moreover, it seems like Nagash, our lord and saviour,  has had a reaaaaaally good power nap since then... ;) 

Also, judging by the latest short story, it looks like Nagash is capable of reclaiming his rightful property. Stormcast souls can be locked away behind padlocks, so  I'm really curious to see what GW will make of the outcome of this week's events. 

Your magic will be nullified, All of the other three grand alliances are against you.  The legions of the living will destroy you, Alarielle,  Morathi and the Celestant-Prime. legions bloodthirsters and other daemons And even the Seraphon assault you. Nagashizzar will fall. 

I can see where all of these have both a good and a bad option:

Drake: We Win, or We Lose. Simple as that

Eye: We betray our enemies who are now turned on us, or our enemies die and we escape to fight again.

Skull: Nagash kills us, or we help him take on some “greater” threat he was really fighting.

Any good or bad outcome can literally happen regardless of what path we walk.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, xking said:

Your magic will be nullified, All of the other three grand alliances are against you.  The legions of the living will destroy you, Alarielle,  Morathi and the Celestant-Prime. legions bloodthirsters and other daemons And even the Seraphon assault you. Nagashizzar will fall. 

Lol...looking at the results, I don't think all the other three alliances are rallying behind you. I believe certain factions have made up their mind and preparing for the backstab.

You should really shore up your forces and think about who is your real enemy here. If you are order, you are contesting chaos on 8 realms. Would you not want Death as your ally, and let us claim our own realm as Sigmar had with Azyr? We can speak about fighting later.

38 minutes ago, Keldrek said:

Lol...looking at the results, I don't think all the other three alliances are rallying behind you. I believe certain factions have made up their mind and preparing for the backstab.

You should really shore up your forces and think about who is your real enemy here. If you are order, you are contesting chaos on 8 realms. Would you not want Death as your ally, and let us claim our own realm as Sigmar had with Azyr? We can speak about fighting later.

No one is rallying behind me(I don't live in the setting).  The real enemy here is Nagash who seeks the annihilation of all life. 

53 minutes ago, SuperHappyTime said:

I can see where all of these have both a good and a bad option:

Drake: We Win, or We Lose. Simple as that

Eye: We betray our enemies who are now turned on us, or our enemies die and we escape to fight again.

Skull: Nagash kills us, or we help him take on some “greater” threat he was really fighting.

Any good or bad outcome can literally happen regardless of what path we walk.

Nagash  is the threat. I like at least get back into the fight. and try. 

Edited by xking

Now I personally haven't been able to participate do to college but I'm liking the way GW have been doing this campaign. But I have a question for the death players, have any of you been working against Nagash? I ask because no matter what GorkaMorka say my Ogors probably wouldn't be following some drug addled grot unless the biggest bounty of food was offered.

55 minutes ago, The Door Master said:

Now I personally haven't been able to participate do to college but I'm liking the way GW have been doing this campaign. But I have a question for the death players, have any of you been working against Nagash? I ask because no matter what GorkaMorka say my Ogors probably wouldn't be following some drug addled grot unless the biggest bounty of food was offered.

I never like Nagash. Hated him throughout all of his history. Hated little Mannderp, too.

That aside, I wouldn’t say I am following him, but rather there are some common goals. Death is extremely lacking (similar to Destruction) and if we can carve out a piece of our own realm like Sigmar and his people, then we would be happy. 

As for Orruks and Ogors, while I see that this presents a great Waaagh! to be fighting in. I also know that your kin would be willing to “work together”, as the greatest amongst you once did, with a promise of even greater Waaaaagh. Who knows, you are lacking that artifact that you have one last chance to get for your grots and working with us might get you there!

To the glory of even GREATER WAAAAAAGHHHHH???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keldrek said:

As for Orruks and Ogors, while I see that this presents a great Waaagh! to be fighting in.

Ain't Destruction, ain't happening.

1 hour ago, Soulsmith said:

Ain't Destruction, ain't happening.

The search for ever greater Waaaaagh ain’t in the mandate of destruction? Well tickle me funny...

That said, it would appear most of the folks that vote don’t frequent these boards. That or they have stayed skavenly quiet...

4 minutes ago, Keldrek said:

The search for ever greater Waaaaagh ain’t in the mandate of destruction? Well tickle me funny...

That said, it would appear most of the folks that vote don’t frequent these boards. That or they have stayed skavenly quiet...

Nagash is too tricksy, and therefore deserves smashing.

21 minutes ago, Keldrek said:

Majority of people who do a said hobby or medium don't normally frequent forums actually they are more likely to look at facebook.