Dread Solstice Dilemma - Which Outcome & Why?

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, for the first time in this campaign you all let me down.  I'm not angry, I understand why some of you did it.  There is a crisis in the realms, Nagash was an easy scapegoat, and marching on Nagashizzar seemed like the most obvious way to do *something* about it.  So I'm not mad at you.

Just terribly disappointed.

I told you Nagash wasn't responsible for the lost hours, that it was an obvious side effect of firing the chrono cannon in Aqshy, as made obvious by the wild chronomancy whipping about that realm after the cannon fired.  But you didn't listen.

I told you attempting to lay siege to the single most deadly fortress in the realms, at very heart of Shyish and seat of Nagash's power was clearly a mistake.  But you didn't listen.

So now?  Now is the time to listen.

Listen to me when I tell you that Nagash is patient, Nagash is reasonable.  And despite a reputation stained by slander of betrayers and soul-thieves, Nagash is merciful.  One need only look among the ranks of Nagash's highest champions to clear evidence of his forgiving nature.  His most trusted generals include the likes of Mannfred, Neferata, even Tamra ven-Drak.  All have betrayed Nagash or broken his Law, but, merciful as death itself, Nagash forgave each of them in turn.

And Nagash will show you and your own captured people that same magnanimity, that same soul-crushingly bottomless well of mercy, if you but lay down your arms, ask his forgiveness, and offer to make amends for this unprovoked and completely misguided attack.  Then maybe we can all work together to tame the wild chronomantic energy radiating from the Realm of Fire, and put this whole messy portent business behind us.

So, for this, the final week of Dread Solstice, I urge you all to come to your senses.

And vote for the Skull.

Skull.png

I know that it's been repeated multiple times, but I'm really enjoying this campaign a great deal more than any since the Eye of Terror way-back-when. It's  refreshing to have a campaign with some unpredictability and, gasp, tension to it beyond "wow the Imperials/Order are curbstopping the far less popular factions! What a twist! In the end the Imperials/Order narrowly held the line, which nobody saw coming!"

I'm looking forward to what they crank out next.

Me too.  The recent releases have all been pretty great, too, though I personally don't feel like DoK (and probably deepking) has quite enough units available to really stand on their own, a problem shared with most of the new AoS factions.  But in terms of the models and rules themselves, they're great.  And we're actually finally getting some new death stuff.  And maybe a magic expansion that might, fingers crossed, do for the wizards of all factions what bonus spell lores have done for the wizards of factions lucky enough to have gotten recent battle tomes.

Promising times.

And Skull's off to an early lead, too.  Only a few hours in, so it doesn't mean much, but definitely a good start to the final week of what has been a fun campaign.

1 hour ago, xking said:

I think you should pick the Drake and renew the assault. Defy the doom of death.  And if you can't, Pick the eye!

You are not renewing the assult you are just trying to rescue your fellows to try and salvage something from this. You already lost. You might as well deal with Nagash and see if you can gain something. 

1 hour ago, Elmir said:

Let's sack Nagashizzar! --> brutally lose half of your army for being such a fool...

Next week: Let's do this again! Some people really shouldn't be trusted to lead an army... ;)

You haven't met a greenskin :P 

Onwards! More killin'! More Krumpin'! Smashin' skellies iz gud fun for da boyz. 

Going to have to be Drake for my Ironjawz, but I will vote Eye if I win with Nurgle. I like the idea of luring Nagash's forces into the endless hell of Nurgle's Garden.

I realt dont think matters how anyone pick a choice. The narrative of this campaign was more or less set before it started. The way the story is told have perhaps been influenced by the choices, but the end game will be the same   In any circumstance. 

And I really do t think it will matter in any practical way. 

The rules death allegiance have will be the ones that have been planned for battletomes long before this even started. 

Stormcast will still be resurrected in the same way as before. 

Etc. etc. gameplay-wise the campaign won’t matter. 

Its a cool story but I’d just flip a coin on the choices and not be bothered....

1 hour ago, Baardah said:

I realt dont think matters how anyone pick a choice. The narrative of this campaign was more or less set before it started. The way the story is told have perhaps been influenced by the choices, but the end game will be the same   In any circumstance. 

And I really do t think it will matter in any practical way. 

The rules death allegiance have will be the ones that have been planned for battletomes long before this even started. 

Stormcast will still be resurrected in the same way as before. 

Etc. etc. gameplay-wise the campaign won’t matter. 

Its a cool story but I’d just flip a coin on the choices and not be bothered....

So heads for Drake, tails for Eye and ...................

I know people don't want meta arguments but I am going to make the case.

Vote skull the reason why? So Nagash actually becomes a threat to this setting, right now drake and skull is neck and neck. I personally want the setting to be order vs chaos vs destruction vs Death. So far in the setting it's largely been order vs chaos with destruction and death on the side. Imagine that death can assault the other alliances with impunity? That chaos and order have to watch their backs? I think that would be great for once instead of chaos leering over everybody or order dominating. (Also in this campaign I was also for any choice that would empower destruction.)

Now Nagash is not going to fully succeed I think that's a given but it would be good if he get's a clear partial success, I think it would be interesting to see how sigmar and even the everqueen herself reacts to a resurgence of death. Looking at Malign portents supplement, for once chaos are worried about a "minor" god. Now I know I am being rather meta with this argument but we have a opportunity for once to keep imperium/order from having a clear win in the campaign.

You can vote eye or skull,(but please vote skull, the skeleton pope as a great healthcare plan) but please don't vote drake.

Thank you for reading.

4 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

Honestly, whilst I can agree that I would like everyone to be as big a threat in the lore as any other, I will not vote meta in this campaign. If I win a game as orruks, I will vote for what my orruks will do. It is that simple.

That's full within your right to do so. I am just merely making an appeal. 

2 hours ago, shinros said:

I know people don't want meta arguments but I am going to make the case.

Vote skull the reason why? So Nagash actually becomes a threat to this setting, right now drake and skull is neck and neck. I personally want the setting to be order vs chaos vs destruction vs Death. So far in the setting it's largely been order vs chaos with destruction and death on the side. Imagine that death can assault the other alliances with impunity? That chaos and order have to watch their backs? I think that would be great for once instead of chaos leering over everybody or order dominating. (Also in this campaign I was also for any choice that would empower destruction.)

Now Nagash is not going to fully succeed I think that's a given but it would be good if he get's a clear partial success, I think it would be interesting to see how sigmar and even the everqueen herself reacts to a resurgence of death. Looking at Malign portents supplement, for once chaos are worried about a "minor" god. Now I know I am being rather meta with this argument but we have a opportunity for once to keep imperium/order from having a clear win in the campaign.

You can vote eye or skull,(but please vote skull, the skeleton pope as a great healthcare plan) but please don't vote drake.

Thank you for reading.

I am certain the outcome is predetermined regardless. Similar to a pyramid, funneling to the top.

Yup, plunge more of your troops into something called "the oubliette"....

Solid strategy!

I actually posted on the FB post of AoS regarding the sacking of Nagash, that it's pretty much doomed to fail as it's written in LoN. Guess GW shared my opinion there! ;)

Yup, plunge more of your troops into something called "the oubliette"....

Solid strategy!

I actually posted on the FB post of AoS regarding the sacking of Nagash, that it's pretty much doomed to fail as it's written in LoN. Guess GW shared my opinion there! ;)

Archived