Dread Solstice Dilemma - Which Outcome & Why?

On 2/22/2018 at 7:17 PM, Menkeroth said:

Twice, starting with his first death at the beginning of the Age of Chaos and fall of Nagashizzar. And then in the battle of Bone Cage. With the same result.

But he does. And with Eigthpoints he controls everything, actually. 

I know of his defeat in the age of chaos but what is the bone cage.

Edit Just found out what the Bone Cage fight was.  Archaon did not beat Nagash he stalled until three Bloodthirsters came to back him up and Nagash retreated cause he could not beat Archaon and Three Bloodthirsters at the same time. 

And he clearly does not control everything given that his forces only have majority control over Chamon and the portals from All Points are closed towards Aqshy and Ghyran. 

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Envyus said:

I know of his defeat in the age of chaos but what is the bone cage.

This. Archaon defeated him twice.  

11 hours ago, Envyus said:

And he clearly does not control everything given that his forces only have majority control over Chamon and the portals from All Points are closed towards Aqshy and Ghyran. 

Which does not prevent him from invading them, because All-gates in Ghyran and Aqshy only hinder Nurgle and Khorne forces. Archaon and his armies from the Eightpoints still have the upper hand.

Без названия.png

16 minutes ago, Menkeroth said:

This. Archaon defeated him twice.  

Which does not prevent him from invading them, because All-gates in Ghyran and Aqshy only hinder Nurgle and Khorne forces. Archaon and his armies from the Eightpoints still have the upper hand.

Без названия.png

You ignored the second part of my comment. Archaon did not beat Nagash he stalled him out, until he got back up from three Bloodthirsters and Nagash retreated. That is not even close to the same result as their original battle were Archaon slew Nagash. 

This was not a second great battle between the two that Archaon one on more even terms. This was Archaon stalling a stronger foe so he could get backup that his opponent knew he could not beat at the same time.

27 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

@Menkeroth & @Envyus this is a nice conversation you two are having but it does seem to be starting to become a bit my dad is harder than your dad. Can I ask you just to be a bit careful please ?

Roger, sir.

Anyway, I am reading MP book and what is really funny is that if you are a God of Death, you can't hide your malign plans - everyone already is on alert. But. Gods of Chaos certainly are way more powerful than Sigmar who has not noticed something is wrong, while all the Five did - and now ready to foil Nagash's plan. This will get interesting for sure, although it does seem odd Archaon is more busy with something else... rather than fight god of death again he seems to be, I don't know, boozing?

6 minutes ago, Menkeroth said:

Roger, sir.

Anyway, I am reading MP book and what is really funny is that if you are a God of Death, you can't hide your malign plans - everyone already is on alert. But. Gods of Chaos certainly are way more powerful than Sigmar who has not noticed something is wrong, while all the Five did - and now ready to foil Nagash's plan. This will get interesting for sure, although it does seem odd Archaon is more busy with something else... rather than fight god of death again he seems to be, I don't know, boozing?

Yup Sigmar was on his butt doing nothing. He did not think the portents were a big deal until Vandus essentially told him to take it seriously. 

Exactly. And if he could be gathering his armies for a new offensive, what is Archaon doing? Nobody really noticed all those constructions of great pyramids and obelisks under their noses after all... And by the way, If I were Sigmar I would use this distraction and attack the rest of the All-gates at least while Chaos is preoccupied with Shyish.

2 minutes ago, Menkeroth said:

Exactly. And if he could be gathering his armies for a new offensive, what is Archaon doing? Nobody really noticed all those constructions of great pyramids and obelisks under their noses after all... And by the way, If I were Sigmar I would use this distraction and attack the rest of the All-gates at least while Chaos is preoccupied with Shyish.

Well I think that's the reason why they picked the Darkoath warqueen to be their "prophet" that way Archaon is free to do other stuff. Who know's the three eye king might involve himself later. 

Calling all Order players! Drake is currently neck and neck with Skull.

1zF6oCk.jpg

You've got just under two days to get as many games and painted units in at your local GW store and report any games and finished units you haven't already. I can't be sure Skull's good for Azyr and it's allies but I can be damn sure Drake won't be. Get painting and playing, go go go!

29 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

I'm thinking Skull too - it's a "safe" option though so we could see more people going down the route of one of the others.

I'm holding off. From an Order perspective Drake can't be allowed to win, I'll wait until Sunday to see if Eye or Skull is higher and then decide whether I want to throw my results down for burning or blessing.

So yeah I think week 1 was the most important that is my interpretation.  People went for the "Out there" option ignoring the portents completely hence nagash is relaxing somewhat. This week? Death has no stake like at all. Also it's pretty obvious that chaos players should pick drake perhaps it will allow the warqueen to pick a mark or get a permanent power up from khorne.  

From the community site article for this week:

In the Dread Solstice this week, you responded to the arrival of Lunaghast, the Moon of Dark Secrets, by choosing to learn all the secrets, but victory was far from assured. Indeed, the choice was in the balance up until the last 3 minutes, when Skull got ONE MORE VOTE than Drake – meaning had a battle gone differently, or another couple of units been painted, we could have been looking at a very different turn of events!

Wow! O.o

Nice work to everyone on team Skull!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/03/01/dread-solstice-week-2-results-red-mistfw-homepage-post-1/

4 minutes ago, shinros said:

I do have to say so far I greatly prefer this campaign system over the old one. It is much more interesting. 

I agree!  Though, I it would be really cool if they shared all the potential results with us at the end, as I'd love to see how the story might have progressed if other paths had been taken.  Though maybe it is better not to know what could have been. ;)

1 hour ago, FractalRain said:

I agree!  Though, I it would be really cool if they shared all the potential results with us at the end, as I'd love to see how the story might have progressed if other paths had been taken.  Though maybe it is better not to know what could have been. ;)

Maybe they'll let us know at the end of the campaign. I think it would be interesting to know how it could have gone.

Hey, there, everybody!  Sception here, again!

First of all, I want to really congratulate everyone on just barely pulling it off for the second week in a row!  Your support has been greatly appreciated, and the Great Necromancer smiles upon your efforts.

Nagash is nothing if not a greatful and generous patron of course, so after dutifully achieving victories for the Skull two weeks in a row, he has decided in his magnanimity to endorse another sign this week, the Drake!  We've seen boosts for death and for spellcasters, how about one for the fighty types, eh?  Oh, sure, Drake is probably good for khornate types this week, but it's also right up the ally for Destruction in general, for the more militant and aggressive Stormcast chapters, in particular for the new, frenzied, blood-sacrificing Daughter's of Khaine.  And the fact that these Red Mists happen to be a corpse-borne necromantic plague on the living probably doesn't factor into my endorsement at all!

Once again, I need to emphasize that a strong, clear victory for Nagash in the Dread Solstice campaign is the best possible outcome for Age of Sigmar in general, establishing Death as a meaningful counterpoint to the one-dimensional Order-vs-Chaos dichotomy that has dominated this game's narrative to this point.  An ascendant Nagash would allow for narratives with powerful, shifting alliances, enemies temporarily teaming up to fight greater threats before turning on each other, all sorts of compelling opportunities that simply don't exist if Death is kept on the sidelines.  It's also a dramatic boost for the little guys.  Death has been sidelined so far, but Nagash's victory will put them in a central position in the narrative.  Skaven, who have likewise been stuck in the shadows could be elevated as a faction with unique history and ability in undermining Nagash's schemes.  Alarielle as Order's deity of Life might take a more central role in opposing this new threat, as opposed to her previous position on the outskirts of the pantheon.

And you can bet that when the opportunity arises to support other long-neglected factions in future campaigns, from elves to slaanesh to destruction in general, that we undead players will be there to return the favor.  After all, Nagash is a gracious, grateful deity, who always returns kindness with even greater kindness.  For, as it is said in the Epistle of Bone, Nagash Is All, And All Is One In Nagash!

Drake is behind at the moment, but not by much, so get out there everyone, and cast your vote!  Breathe deep of the Red Mists, and set your fury free!

Archived