Tournament - how to?

Malin

Hi all,

with General's Handbook on the way, and having it in hand for longer than I could wish, question arose: Tournament - how to?

Swiss format was OK for previous editions, it was much easier especially that you were scoring points based on what you were able to destroy in opponents army.

With new scenarios and wins set up as minor victories or major victories question is how to give points to players, as 20-0 system is not a solution here.

Any ideas how to deal with this? We plan to organize tournament but this seems like a ghost fence, holy ****** don't know how to pass through it.

#DiscussionStart :)

I'm also interested in how the scenarios will be scored. It's easy to see that, say. a Major Victory gets you 20 points and a minor 10 (5 for a minor loss) but then everyone is on one of 4 scores after 1 round. Obvs in the recent past Clash and SCGT have had various secondaries and hidden agendas but I don't see these being around in at least the early days of GH, as people probably want to give it a clear run as is. My guess is that kill points will make a return and work against some sliding scale of points allocation. 

You can say major victory = X% victory points, minor victory = X/2%.

then add stuff like 

- Enemy General annihilated : A% victory points

- 100% / 50% / 25% of the enemy army destroyed: B/C/D% victory points

- Your general slain enemy general: E% victory points

up to 100% with X > A+B+C+D+E (like 60/40)

Just an idea :)

edit: just seen that in this way with a minor victory the overall points won't sum to 100%, still I fell it would be ok anyway as it is, as named, a minor victory

edit 2: you may not want to use 100% of the enemy army destroyed as a point source, otherwise most of the scenario will probably end anyway with one of the two trying to annihilate the enemy, not pointing to the "scenario objective"

@Malin take a look at the Warlords event pack at how the Warhammer World events team are using it, this may give you something you may want to use or at least somewhere to start from. 

Major victory, Minor victorys and points killed should give you plenty to work with. 

@Ben Johnson I have just had a look at The Warlords pack. I like the simplicity of this and may look to use similar at Rain of Stars. Do you have any further information on the weighting of the various results? Is there a nominal point value assigned to each of the 5 achievable results? (such as Major 30, Minor 20 etc etc)

Just trying to establish things like whether two Minor Victories are better than a Major and a loss/draw, if that makes sense?

Nothing like that I don't think Chris, just that someone with three Major victories and two Minor victories will be ahead so someone on two Major victories and three Minor victories. With victory points separating those on the same. 

No reason you couldn't add a value 30/10/0 for example. 

Archived