Frostlord on Thundertusk with Yhetees

Overtyrant of Destruction

Hello!

I'm going to try with this army list and it seems fun to play with! However, I'm unsure which one of artefacts I should take on my Frostlord, The Pelt of Charngar or Hammerblade (replace Punches & Kicks).. The pelt is good for trolling to heal my Frostlord per my hero phase, the Hammerblade is great to replace that bad Punches & Kicks, then charge into a large (hopefully) unit, determining how many models that are within 3" to the model, roll for each model that is within of him and 5 or 6 will suffer a mortal wound.

Which one I should choose, survivability or offensive? BCR's allegiance abilities seem ok, Everwinter nah.. and I don't know which command traits I want to my general. Destruction's allegiance abilities can be great for the mobility for the army, I also don't know which command traits I should take on my general, but probably I'll take Ravager, or maybe increase one wound?

When you have take a look at my army list you'll notice that it includes two Huskard on TT and 3x6 Yhetees (!) Why I like Yetis a lot is their excellent movement and very useful for tactic. You know his ability is fantastic, pile in and attack if they are within 6" of enemy unit etc, they can also retreat and pile in (!). With Destruction's trait Rampaging Destroyers they can also retreat (but only up to 6"? Im unsure about that), and then move&run later in movement phase and pile in.

Huskard on TT has their ability to allow Yhetees make charge even if they have run (of course they can't charge if they have retreated), also with Blizzard Speakers to heal them with D3 if needed etc.

Now when I take Gorger for 60p, you know how the enemy player will feel when they got another target to focus on. 

Frostlord on Thundertusk general 460p
Huskard on Thundertusk w. Blood Vulture 380p
Huskard on Thundertusk w. Blood Vulture 380p

6 Icefall Yhetees battleline 360p

1 Gorger allies 60p (60p left.. why not take him to the battleplan? hunger tho)

2000/2000p

Please leave your feedback and which artefact you should choose to the Frostlord or if you have got some suggestion about my army list!
Thanks! and also sorry for my grammar but hope you still understand!
Kind regards
Fredrik - Overtyrant of Destruction

I actually like the list a lot, one of the better full BCR lists. You will struggle on the objectives but so will all BCR armies. Would be a ton of fun to play if I owned 18 metal Yhetees. Maybe just save the 60 points to get a triumph on the turn the FL hits their lines.

On 2018-02-12 at 11:48 PM, heywoah_twitch said:

I recommend everwinter's master, as getting that re-roll saves of 1 really is the difference in keeping your guys up/alive. Consider a wizard of some sort (butcher), so you can give mystic shield to the frostlord and make him a 2+rr1s behemoth!

Thats a good point. But then I'll lose three and one gorger for a Butcher (got Skragg model) which I don't know if thats worth. Rr1s  is great but maybe not great for Yhetees when they have save 6+ and it's only a chance to get that "Everwinter saves". But what I like to have a Butcher is that he can cast Mystic Shield and the random of the cauldron and also attempt to unbindning spell if it requires.
The big part of reason why I would take Destruction's allegiance abilities is that I want the Hammerblade for the Frostlord, I want to use that command traits which gives Frostlord's bravery to an unit within 6" of him and also +1 to run and charge, then I can use Inspiring Presence to another Yhetees unit, that will solve the problem of Yhetees' low bravery before they going to take a battleshock.

On 2018-02-13 at 3:54 AM, svnvaldez said:

I actually like the list a lot, one of the better full BCR lists. You will struggle on the objectives but so will all BCR armies. Would be a ton of fun to play if I owned 18 metal Yhetees. Maybe just save the 60 points to get a triumph on the turn the FL hits their lines.

Great to hear that! I love this army's theme to play with! Objectives yep..! But then a few of scenarios I'll target on Minor Victory ;) 
60p for the triumph eventually sounds better, or still the Gorger?!

Archived