Daughters of Timmy - a DoK blog!

Bananaman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this stuff is amazing, your converting work it's really great ! I love your basing work as well. 

I made my Hag Queen just as yours, I hope it's not a problem :P Your stuff it's too inspirational !

Can't wait to see more orginal conversions ;) 

No problems at all! 

I'm assembling Morathi right now, but there won't be any conversions (unless something comes to me as I assemble her) as she's perfect as she is (maybe change the base a little as I will remove the aelf) 

• 1 month later...

I've been busy painting and hope to have 2k painted in time for Heat 3 at the weekend. Morathi here has taken up the bulk of my time but lots of other stuff are WiP and I should spend the next few evenings ticking things off. 

Morathi ptd 1.jpg

Morathi ptd 2.jpg

Morathi ptd 3.jpg

Thanks guys! 

Incredible work there. Absolutely love the style of these. What is the method for those wings? They look so smooth. Brush or airbrush?

I had planned to airbrush them, but the airbrush clogged almost straight away so I had a sulk and switched from my plan of deep red up to duck egg blue highlight and instead went with gal vorbak red (FW Paint) all over that I highlighted up with VA azure blue with kkaki edge highlights and then knocked it back to a smooth deep red transition with many washes of nuln oil, carroburg crimson and drakenhof nightshade. and multi coats of gal vorbak (its very thin) in between. 

I managed to paint 2k in time for the Heat 3 AoS event at Warhamer World a couple of days ago. I was fortunate enough to get a painting nomination which was nice! 

Here's some pics of the 2k army. 

Also, Dan of AoS Shorts fame asked me to answer a few questions about the army, conversions, basin and painting etc. You can read the interview and see more army pics here https://aosshorts.com/showcase-tim-daughters-of-khaine/  blood effects and basing Q&A can be found there too :)

DoK ptd 3.jpg

DoK ptd 1.jpg

DoK ptd 2.jpg

DoK ptd 4.jpg

DoK ptd 5.jpg

DoK ptd 6.jpg

DoK ptd 7.jpg

DoK ptd 8.jpg

DoK ptd 9.jpg

DoK ptd 10.jpg

If I used him as a 3rd Avatar the list would be illegal as I already have max 4 Behemoths in Morathi, Cauldron and x2 Avatars.  I do have another 2 Avatars as I planned a 4 Avatar list at one point but I think I'll go with 2 Cauldron and 2 Avatars instead and sell on the other 2 FW Avatars. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived