Gitmob Artillery Bases

Malakree

So I'm currently browsing ebay to try and pick up a bunch of cheap Gitmob Artillery, the more I play the more I get the feeling they are going to be mandatory allies for my Ironjawz. Where-ever I look though all the artillery pieces are unbased which not only looks ugly but feels unnatural to me. What sort of base sizes should I be looking at putting them on, should they be circular or oval?

I know @Chris Tomlin asked this question a whole ago but I couldn't find any answers. Anyone have any suggestions?

I’m working on some converted Plagueclaws currently for this same purpose.  I’m thinking I’ll probably try to use the base that comes with the kit, but it might be a bit too small.  I want to get the crew and the artillery piece all on the same base with some scenics.

The Plagueclaw is on a 120mm oval, but I might move up to a 170 oval or 160 round.

Hi @Malakree,

Whilst all my artillery are conversions, I believe the following base sizes are the most appropriate for whatever you use;

Spear Chukka - 50mm round (40mm or 60mm rounds could also likely be acceptable*)
Rock Lobber - 105x70mm oval (60mm rounds or 120x92mm oval could also be acceptable*)

My guess would be that the Doomdiver would also fit best on the 105x70mm oval but I cannot confirm this.

*providing you are not modelling for advantage!! :P 

Hope this helps,
Chris

Archived