Let's Chat: Spiteclaw's Swarm

PlayerJ

22 hours ago, Requizen said:

http://www.adepticon.org/wpfiles/2018/shadespirejudgerulings.pdf

Rulings for Adepticon, from GW themselves. 

Expendable again has become an insane upgrade. You don't give up a Glory, and you can rez the model with Skritch or There Are Always More. If you're going for a balanced build (not all in on Skritch), this could be a straight up autoinclude.

This isn't how it was played at the Grand Clash at Warhammer World on Saturday so I'd still wait for an official FAQ. It was either no glory no rez, or opponent gets glory and you can rez.

• Like 1

Hi guys, I'm new on this forum, but I read some topics on Shadespire as I'm really fan of the game.

I'm playing Skaven and I have a question about Black Hunger and upgrades like Shadeglass Hammer and similiar upgrades.

Normally you can attack all within range of 1 with Black Hunger, but with stuff like Shadeglass Hammer , it is breaking when the Attack is succesfull , so why do you guys combo with thoses upgrades ? Because without upgrades, Hungry rat only hit with 1 hammer potentially 2 when Inspired for 2 Damage, I feel like it's not that strong without anything else.

Thanks in advance for the answer(s) !

Edited by M3TH

15 minutes ago, M3TH said:

Hi guys, I'm new on this forum, but I read some topics on Shadespire as I'm really fan of the game.

I'm playing Skaven and I have a question about Black Hunger and upgrades like Shadeglass Hammer and similiar upgrades.

Normally you can attack all within range of 1 with Black Hunger, but with stuff like Shadeglass Hammer , it is breaking when the Attack is succesfull , so why do you guys combo with thoses upgrades ? Because without upgrades, Hungry rat only hit with 1 hammer potentially 2 when Inspired for 2 Damage, I feel like it's not that strong without anything else.

I my opinion Black Hunger is good with Light Armour, Great Strength, Awanken Weapon and Low Blow. The shadeglass weapon upgrades don't worked well with it. 

2 hours ago, M3TH said:

Shade glass hammer is the perfect weapon for black hunger. The combo gets you extra attack action. Your basicly spending 1 glory to kill a guy.  Because it doesn't break until the attack is successful 

2dice hammers vs 1 dice shields is pretty weak odds. It's pretty close to a 50% chance to succeed. Black hunger lets you boost the amount of attack per action. Sure it breaks but 2 dice killing one guy is alot better odds than 1 die trying to kill multiple. 

It's a great combo. Also shade glass works great with cards like total offense to get better odds at rolling your crit. 

It's even better vs warbands with a low number of important models, like Stormcast, because you take one of them out and things suddenly get a lot harder for them. Even worth it versus Bloodbound and Guard if you can use it to fairly reliably take down a key figure, like the Warden or Garrek.

• Like 1

I'm not a huge fan of Black Hunger combos. I think the card itself is fine - it makes Hungering into a better Harvester once Inspired. But trying to get 2 or even 3 Upgrade combos off just feels a bit greedy to me, like it's nice if it happens, but there's not enough card cycle in the game to justify putting in cards that are just there to go specifically with another. 

Heroslayer and Hammer are fine on their own, though, just keep in mind that they don't need to hit multiple targets to be good. 

Well, loading up the Hungerer has so much potential... In terms of upgrades, my deck has cards intended for Skritch, some for the Hungerer and a few all rounders which usually land on either of those two.

Light Armour (or Total Offense, but I prefer LA) and Heroslayer work wonders together, especially if you can also get him Expendable; watch your opponent shudder when you play There are always more and pop him in right next to Skritch or the Warden just before your activation...

3 hours ago, Requizen said:

I'm not a huge fan of Black Hunger combos. I think the card itself is fine - it makes Hungering into a better Harvester once Inspired. But trying to get 2 or even 3 Upgrade combos off just feels a bit greedy to me, like it's nice if it happens, but there's not enough card cycle in the game to justify putting in cards that are just there to go specifically with another. 

Heroslayer and Hammer are fine on their own, though, just keep in mind that they don't need to hit multiple targets to be good. 

So that's why i have all the combo pieces. I definitly use them seperatly. They don't have to be horded only to get off a combo. 

As you say shadeglass hammer and Heroslayer are cards that are good on thier own. I definitly more than once used it on krrk or another loser rat with great strength to bring down a stormcast. 

On top of that as @Spinsane comments there are alot of different combo options by running so many combo-able cards you'll get something worth throwing together in there eventually.  That said i prefer total offense <.<. More dice, and you can still use ready for action/time warp/ skaven courage to attack again.  While keeping your rather impressive skaven durability in tack. 

Skaven doesn't need a lot of equipment to win it's games, 1 or 2 pieces is enough to destroy most foes, but the games when you combo you can end the game very quickly. 

Edited by mmimzie

Quick question, how do you use Krrk most of the time ? Cause I loose him fairly quickly due to 3 wounds not being much. He is good once inspired due to 2 shields (But cleave recks him) but damage is really not that good.

With bodyguard for a price he is usefull, but do you guys give him other upgrades ? Maybe +1 wounds so he can try to tank more ?

1 hour ago, M3TH said:

Quick question, how do you use Krrk most of the time ? Cause I loose him fairly quickly due to 3 wounds not being much. He is good once inspired due to 2 shields (But cleave recks him) but damage is really not that good.

With bodyguard for a price he is usefull, but do you guys give him other upgrades ? Maybe +1 wounds so he can try to tank more ?

Krrk In a weird way is like the worst one. Skritch is a one rat warband killing machine. The other 3 rats can be equipped woth all manner of equipment and can be eothernbroug ht back or made expebdable, so you never really lose the stuff you put on them. While krrk is just a decently stat rat that I tend to suicide away for alittle damage or baiting out my opponent. 

Krrk is super useful against Warbands with 2 wound dudes. Against Skellies or Skaven, he'll easily rack up some quick glory in T1, and can help out with Precise Use Of Force. 

He's more of an early game piece. 2 Hammers for 2 Damage is fairly reliable without upgrades, and sets up for kills against Orruks or Stormcast so Skritch can follow up. If you Inspire him, he's fairly hard to shift, so he's more of a distraction and threat of chip damage than a real power piece. 

What am I missing about Skritch's (I think it's him anyway - no card with me, but it applies as a general question anyway) critical cleave ability?

Anytime you score a critical, shield defense is bypassed anyway, so getting cleave doesn't matter. Right?

19 minutes ago, Spinsane said:

It's a very, very situational ability, for sure..

Yeah, that's what we thought too, which is why we thought we were missing something. It seems like a pretty poor perk for a leader (not that Skaven need the help).

14 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Yeah, that's what we thought too, which is why we thought we were missing something. It seems like a pretty poor perk for a leader (not that Skaven need the help).

Yeah, Skritch is still a monster.

I think crit cleave, albeit being very very situational, is a rather good way of giving fighters some advantage in combat, without breaking them completely. Flat Cleave on Skritch would be ridiculous, no special perk would be boring.

Plus I like Cleave in general. It weakens shield warbands a little and those are currently the most represented warbands in tounament play.

• 1 month later...

I really like Quick Thinker to escape, Twist the Knife for an extra damage, A Destiny to Meet for an extra glory, Deathly Fortitude can be great as Skaven are so fast anyway, The Formless Key could be good also for an extra glory without going all in objectives, and War Cry could be interesting on a Skaven who just popped up in enemy territoy behind the enemy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Anthony225 said:

I really like Quick Thinker to escape, Twist the Knife for an extra damage, A Destiny to Meet for an extra glory, Deathly Fortitude can be great as Skaven are so fast anyway, The Formless Key could be good also for an extra glory without going all in objectives, and War Cry could be interesting on a Skaven who just popped up in enemy territoy behind the enemy.

Its quite hard to play Skaven and not go all in on objectives though. I'm having a terrible time against stormcast and orks without just trying to dodge them nonstop.