Let's Chat: Spiteclaw's Swarm

PlayerJ

33 minutes ago, Rintrah56 said:

Sneaky Stab Stab could be useful (move 1 hex before attacking without it being a charge...)

Also I think Throwing Stars is the first 3 hex range attack in the game? Not at all powerful (1 damage) but could still be useful

shadeglass darts

I'm shocked at how good Spiteclaw's Swarm seems at first glance. It looks like the Bloodreavers but it starts at 5 movement, has better defenses (2 dice when inspired and lots of ways to gain Guard) and the ability to respawn the weak guys so you never feel bad about "wasting" an upgrade.

I'm very impressed with this warband and will probably pick it up right away.

They hit way less hard than Reavers, which is noteworthy, but yes they look quite good. I do wonder what their objective deck will look like, whether they'll focus on Objectives and scurrying around or more focus on the tricky Objectives and chipping away kills. Will be very interesting to see!

13 minutes ago, Requizen said:

They hit way less hard than Reavers, which is noteworthy, but yes they look quite good. I do wonder what their objective deck will look like, whether they'll focus on Objectives and scurrying around or more focus on the tricky Objectives and chipping away kills. Will be very interesting to see!

that'll be up to you to decide!

3 minutes ago, moriquendi said:

The cards are allready in the card library.

Haha I more meant, I wonder how people will build them. You can build them Objective focused, since they can resurrect and are very fast, but you can also play towards little Objectives like Cover Ground and then go for Superior Tactician or stuff like that. With Skeletons or Orruks it feels fairly straightforward, they lend themselves to particular playstyles, but Skaven seem different. 

I think Skavens will be very good at assassinations: Their leader is fast, has a 2 range attack, may have cleave etc. So I think using Victorious Duel, Arm's Length, Skritch is the Greatest and Assassinate, will be a good idea.

Against this plan: Skavens don't have card to re-roll a failed attack like the Guard, or cards to roll more dice the Orruk (both bands with good leaders to hunt enemy leaders with).

5 hours ago, Biboune said:

I think Skavens will be very good at assassinations: Their leader is fast, has a 2 range attack, may have cleave etc. So I think using Victorious Duel, Arm's Length, Skritch is the Greatest and Assassinate, will be a good idea.

Against this plan: Skavens don't have card to re-roll a failed attack like the Guard, or cards to roll more dice the Orruk (both bands with good leaders to hunt enemy leaders with).

Skritch isn't even that great at assassinating in particular. The only thing he has over Garrek and Saek is starting speed and range, otherwise he's nothing special. 

I'm starting to work on a deck that's goes for some Objectives but more focuses on the double Defense dice and speed to make something more focused on spreading out and surviving. I also think it's worth putting in more Weapon Upgrades than normal to take advantage of the smaller Skaven as sneaky stab threats. 

8 hours ago, Requizen said:

Like which one? 

The cards are pretty explicit, they Inspire when selected, so if it does not specifically select a fighter, it does not Inspire. 

There are a lot of push a fighter cards now like earthquake and the old ones we already had. SKaven have a few push a fighter (I forgot the names already). I personally think a must-have ploy for Skaven is the one that allows you to equip an item without spending glory, so thats great for first turn.

I personally think earthquake is another one that should be included, just to mess with objective based decks pushing them off the grid on the last turn. I actually think with all these pushes that its going to be nearly impossible to play the objectives game, because there are several pushes now.

It seems that overal Skaven are going to dictate who gets to fight what and when though, which makes it quite hard to formulate a win condition. Getting stuff inspired turn 1 will be easy at least, so Ploymaster will be one thing to take.

Edited by Kugane

18 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Does anyone knows if shattering terrain works with heartquake?

It seems a pretty nice combo if you try to avoid your leader to be pushed 

Shattering Terrain says something along the lines of any fighter being moved, pushed, etc in the next activation

Playing a ploycard like earthquake is not considered as an activation, so it should not cause damage.

• Like 1

My Deck:

Objectives:

Arm's Length

Leading from the back

Lives are Cheap

Skritch is the Greatest, Yes-Yes

Escalation

Making a statement

Miraculous Escape

Plant a Standard

Supremacy

Tactical Genius 1-3

Tactical Supremacy 1-2

Victorious Duel

Ploys:

Aversion to Death

Musk of Fear

There are Always More

Confused Priorities

Confusion

Duel of Wits

Illusory Fighter

Side Step

Spoils of Battle

Time Trap

Upgrades:

Bodyguard for a Price

Festering Blades

Acrobatic

Awakened Weapon

Ethereal Shield

Great Fortitude

Great Strength

Heroslayer

Shadeglass Axe

Shadeglass Hammer

Edited by PlayerJ
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, PlayerJ said:

My Deck:

Objectives:

Arm's Length

Leading from the back

Lives are Cheap

Skritch is the Greatest, Yes-Yes

Escalation

Making a statement

Miraculous Escape

Plant a Standard

Supremacy

Tactical Genius 1-3

Tactical Supremacy 1-2

Victorious Duel

Ploys:

Aversion to Death

Musk of Fear

There are Always More

Confused Priorities

Confusion

Duel of Wits

Illusory Fighter

Side Step

Spoils of Battle

Time Trap

Upgrades:

Bodyguard for a Price

Festering Blades

Acrobatic

Awakened Weapon

Ethereal Shield

Great Fortitude

Great Strength

Heroslayer

Shadeglass Axe

Shadeglass Hammer

Nice deck, but I think getting objectives 1 to 5 might be more beneficial then the genius/supremacy cards, since they are way too dicey. Getting some early glory for upgrades is quite important I think.

This is what I'm looking at running (really wish there was a way to make a table or do HTML/BBCode on here):

Objectives:

• Hold Objective 1
  • Hold Objective 2
  • Hold Objective 3
  • Hold Objective 4
  • Hold Objective 5
  • Cover Ground
  • Alone in the Darkness
  • Divide and Conquer
  • Skritch is the Greatest
  • Determined Defender
  • Supremacy
  • Miraculous Escape

Ploys:

• Sidestep
  • Illusory Fighter
  • Earthquake
  • Daylight Robbery
  • Sprint
  • Ready For Action
  • Sacrificial Pawn
  • There Are Always More
  • Musk Of Fear
  • Heightened Caution

Upgrades:

• Acrobatic
  • Heroslayer
  • Ethereal Shield
  • Great Speed
  • Soultrap
  • Shadowed Key
  • Blazing Key
  • Dazzling Key
  • Black Hunger
  • ??? (Currently between Fractured Key, Shadeglass Axe/Hammer/Darts, or Skitter-Scurry)

Partially play towards Objectives, partially just try to dance around and survive. A couple aggressive upgrades for the Chump Rats, but mostly just about dodging around, trying to sneak objectives, and spread out your opponents.

With Acrobatic and an Inspire, Skritch is rocking 3 Defense dice, and with either Musk of Fear or Ethereal Shield, you can make him insanely hard to kill. I'm also thinking of dropping the keys and going for more offensive Upgrades to make up for their lower base damage output, but I think it might be a bit of a trap.