Mixed chaos with more than 1 god help (And some thunderscorn)

Lightbox

Hey folks!

So generally my chaos armies have been slaves to darkness with some Tzeentch mortals thrown in. Though recently I've been wanting to steer a bit more toward the archaon follower side and be able to really have some fun with mixing and matching things. I also quite like the thunderscorn dragon ogres so being able to include them in some lists would be great ;)

I like to change my lists around each time I play them for some fun but generally my main core will be Slaves to Darkness. My current ones are painted blue and silver though I do worry that will be seen a bit too tzeentch and as such may not fit too well for the undivided theme. As such I may repaint them to black using the really nice dark reaper over the top of that for highlights (and possibly thunderhawk blue for some bright edging details) Regardless I'd love to know good units from other gods I can chuck in and work well as I'd love to have lists featuring 2 or more god units within it. Usually I find my StD do really well defensively and units like Tzaangors I love for bringing a bit of punch with their flurry of attacks. I'm thinking demonettes could be great for getting some rend around and I've heard blightkings are a good nurgle unit that can fit into lists super easy. Khorne wise I've got the stuff from the AoS starters set so figured the khorgorath might prove nice to throw in for a mini monster or some blood reavers as a nice cheap objective holding unit (though they work so much better with a totem hero). I also have some good tzeentch casters such as the ogroid, curseling and gaunt summoner.

So basically I'd love to know what sort of units folks think can work well either with StD synergies or without needing too many points sunk into synergies and the like. I have a warshrine which I can easily set to a mark or use as undivided to give abilities to everyone and I've also got sayl to teleport some knights or warriors around.

I prefer mortals but I'm fine with adding some demons in (though not too big a fan of bloodletters or horrors really) Also I'd likely be looking at using the grand alliance allegiance with this (though the nice thing with primarily StD is being able to do any god allegiance for any games)

From mortal khorne, wrathmongers would be worth a look at. They give any model in 3" an extra attack so they can buff anything and are good vs high damage enemies. I have found that they work well without support. 

Since the warshrine is a totem, bloodreavers could be ok but idk if marauders would be better for a mixed list.

As for the paint, I would think as long as all your StD units have the same mark, are all painted the same, and you make it clear what they have there shouldn't be many issues. But that really depends on who you will be playing.

It's a little bit directionless at the moment, so what I'd suggest is that you have a Tzeentch force, now collect a similar thing for each God.

Form the core of each force using say, a Start Collecting StD, or a couple of blobs of Maurauders, and add on a Leader, and one to two special units. For example Nurgle might be 40 odd Maurauders, 5 Blight Kings and a Lord of Blights, Khorne is Chaos Knights, Gorebeast Chariots and Skullcrushers etc

Aim is to have a ready to go force that fills a battlefield role, that can be expanded at a later date.

Suggest you try and keep the Thunderscorn into the allies points allowance, so you can take a slightly more up to date allegience than GA: Chaos

10 hours ago, Lucio said:

It's a little bit directionless at the moment, so what I'd suggest is that you have a Tzeentch force, now collect a similar thing for each God.

Form the core of each force using say, a Start Collecting StD, or a couple of blobs of Maurauders, and add on a Leader, and one to two special units. For example Nurgle might be 40 odd Maurauders, 5 Blight Kings and a Lord of Blights, Khorne is Chaos Knights, Gorebeast Chariots and Skullcrushers etc

Aim is to have a ready to go force that fills a battlefield role, that can be expanded at a later date.

Suggest you try and keep the Thunderscorn into the allies points allowance, so you can take a slightly more up to date allegience than GA: Chaos

I understand. Though only issue with thunderscorn allies is the fact that i don't think I can take allies if I mix std and another faction as due to the weird way you build lists. E.g. pure StD can take the thunderscorn as could pure DoT but building StD and DoT together would be a Grand Alliance list but qualify for Tzeentch due to marks and keywords.

It's super confusing that generals handbook lists god units in separate sections from StD when alleigances abilities is just for mark.

Archived