Mixed Offerings

Geckilian

Cheers guys!

Had the first campaign battle against a destruction player, using a Tyrant (using the points formula for renown) and 2 normal ogres. We played the second mission with the treasure hoards, looking for artifacts.

Speed was king, as I was able to stay out of range and plink away at the Ogres though his command trait did let him unbind a few spells. Managed a Major Victory with his last Ogre running away from battleshock after the Tyrant died, his last wounds nibbled away by the Tzaangor Shaman's Disc!

I only have the Plague Monk left to convert and paint up, he's just due some gap filling around the hood and he'll hopefully be finished before the game tomorrow.

Cheers Easygrin!

Spent some time today working on the next 2 Skullcrushers for my skirmish force, expansions for the upcoming several weeks. Just have the riders to paint and the Skullcrushers are finished - since the pictures I've added tufts and painted the rims black. In the end I decided to go with a retro Alpha Legion-esque scheme and a generic earthy brown for these two.

Also got round to taking pictures of the finished Plague Monk.

monk2.jpg.91ba4be603757bf6e5830845f81df0f5.jpgmonk1.jpg.a19d714f0d49b77b8bcf56240dbf567c.jpg

juggwip1.jpg.bf43ae3ba3dde7d0224cd400f4622163.jpgjuggwip2.jpg.55688bf6b5f6c2a8f2d18acc967dbd3c.jpg

• Like 7

Cheers Kronos! That's the era of Chaos I love, so that's a huge compliment.

Had another day off today, so amidst 3 skirmish victories at the local store where again speed was king, I finished off Slambo and the second jugger rider, aside from the banner itself.

jugger1.jpg.32e1cf1d3d2a3d15991e60e85f56c991.jpgjugger2.jpg.a84274127333b8e70bb6cdf1569706af.jpgjugger3.jpg.e9fc11ceb15040e81f4004e4930774e6.jpgjugger4.jpg.a9e70d9486be9355ff760c7d8b66d722.jpg

So for the skirmish list overall I now only have to paint 1 last Skullcrusher, which will be something quite a bit different to the rest, and work out how to use the last 4 renown.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well. I found this log about an hour ago thanks to google images (your stormcast elves caught my eye) and now you've updated. So welcome back! I'm really enjoying all that you've done here and look forward to what other random things you post here.

• 5 months later...
On 8/1/2018 at 6:49 PM, Geckilian said:

Cheers Easygrin!

Spent some time today working on the next 2 Skullcrushers for my skirmish force, expansions for the upcoming several weeks. Just have the riders to paint and the Skullcrushers are finished - since the pictures I've added tufts and painted the rims black. In the end I decided to go with a retro Alpha Legion-esque scheme and a generic earthy brown for these two.

Also got round to taking pictures of the finished Plague Monk.

monk2.jpg.91ba4be603757bf6e5830845f81df0f5.jpgmonk1.jpg.a19d714f0d49b77b8bcf56240dbf567c.jpg

juggwip1.jpg.bf43ae3ba3dde7d0224cd400f4622163.jpgjuggwip2.jpg.55688bf6b5f6c2a8f2d18acc967dbd3c.jpg

May I request the teal colour recipe? I love the tone. 

Another one down.

I worked out, for my target 2k DoT army, I'd in theory need to paint -

• 2 familiars
  • Gaunt Summoner
  • Lord of Change
  • 2 Enlightened on discs
  • 20 Pink Horrors
  • 40-60 Blue Horrors
  • 40-60 Brimstone Horrors

Now the first 6 models, not so bad - fair enough. The remaining 140~ish? That's somewhat of a bad feeling, especially as I'm trying to work out how to keep some individuality to match the rest of the army.

spook.jpg

• Like 2

I love your chaos army! Really does feel straight out of the RoC books :)

regarding the horrors I don’t know if you should try for as mih individuality as your other models, but maybe you can use various spot colors from your other models? For instance the blue horrors would be mainly in various shades of blue / teal, but with the occasional pink / yellow / green / whatever tentacle... if you use colors from the models you’ve already painted that might make them fit in with the rest of the army while retaining some individuality.