Mixed Offerings

Geckilian

Figured I could start a painting plog to chronicle what I've been painting recently, mostly for Malign Portents.

From the Malign Portents painting thread these have already been seen -

bRy16gG.jpg

Ss88CJ7.jpg

FBK04BP.jpg

I've been slowly chipping away at the mass of grots, since I need to have 20 finished by the end of month three. 12 are finished so far, with another 6 close behind -

CEXbGqF.jpg

After these all I need to paint per se are the standard bearer and musician, as well as the Harbinger. So, not too far left to go.

The other project I'll have on the go are aelf soup - mostly focused on the Daughters of Khaine with allies and general Order Aelves, such as kitbashed Executioners from Sisters of Silence, Vanguard-Palladors with Aelf riders and so on. I still need to work out what to make with the largely spare unit of Shadow Warriors I have, since I got them mostly for the helmets for the Executioners -

fqjaFgc.jpg

I have a single test model finished for the Witch Aelves which'll get a picture tomorrow when I pop down to the store, and the army will mostly be focused on browns, greens and creams for an almost wood elf aesthetic.

On the grot side of things I do have over 150 more grots available should a Moonclan battletome come out, as well as a pair of Arachnaroks and some spear chukkas that need some paint on them. All in all, a pretty hefty amount to get on with.

Edited by Geckilian
  • Like 21

Cheers for the likes guys. Got more painting done today on my day off - finished another 6 grots, a second witch aelf (thin ponytail) and nearly completed the sorceror. He just needs the top of the staff and staff gems painted. Pretty pleased how his eyes came out as I highlighted his pupils.

jUQm7S3.jpg

cDAQ8EJ.jpg

vSOq1FV.jpg

HbHpUZO.jpg

• Like 19

On 2/6/2018 at 9:49 PM, Geckilian said:

The other project I'll have on the go are aelf soup - mostly focused on the Daughters of Khaine with allies and general Order Aelves, such as kitbashed Executioners from Sisters of Silence, Vanguard-Palladors with Aelf riders and so on. I still need to work out what to make with the largely spare unit of Shadow Warriors I have, since I got them mostly for the helmets for the Executioners -

fqjaFgc.jpg

Great ideas.  Ha! Seriously I just got the bits to make that exact conversion last week :D, same for the chaos sorcerer!   At least I know they will look good.

Love the grot skin, so perfect for those sneaky little gits.

I just realised that you used basically the same colour scheme for the goblins and the elves. I always try to do radically different colour schemes for different armies for variety, I'm curious: Why did you choose to use the exact same colours for the two armies?

18 hours ago, Swooper said:

I just realised that you used basically the same colour scheme for the goblins and the elves. I always try to do radically different colour schemes for different armies for variety, I'm curious: Why did you choose to use the exact same colours for the two armies?

Well, they won't be on the board at the same time for me, so I'm not too worried about the similarities. The green goblin flesh is Sybarite Green, whereas the Aelves use Warpstone glow, a much warmer green. The goblins aren't wearing any green, nor do they have any gold so it feels different enough for me at least.

Initially the test witch aelf was indeed red, but I didn't feel it popped enough.

The flesh is Steel Legion Drab, Agrax, Steel Legion Drab again then highlight up to Baneblade Brown.

The comment are very much appreciated! Did a bit more converting after considering some Kairic Acolytes and the spare helmeted heads I have from my Warlocks -

Y60NE2X.jpg

pfcCPLy.jpg

May as well go for equal opportunity murdering, so I'll be using these guys as Warlock Aelves and mixing them in with the Witch Aelves. Gotta get buff to not be sacrifice fodder.

I also managed to get some paint on the first one and ended up finishing him tonight, so here's a group shot of the finished ones so far (in the actual lightbox) -

I7eGh9g.jpg

• Like 12

Cheers guys!

I've slowly but surely been making progress. Started on the Hag and finished the flesh on 7 more witch/warlock aelves. I also picked up some Irondrakes for fun and really like how they look with a simple headswap.

xGMBFA5.jpg

The Cauldron of Blood chassis also has most of the gold done and I need to go back and tidy up the frames. It just needs the green (and the gold parts ontop of the green) painted before I can paint and add the wheels, put it on a base and make a start on the stairs. The plan is to get the Hag, 10 witch aelves and Cauldron done before Morathi and the battletome are out. Lots to paint!

• Like 4

Finished up the next 7 Witch/Warlock Aelves and the Death Hag. Next up is finishing half the Cauldron, Slaughter Hag and attendants and the Medusa which will complete the big box.

l21F8pH.jpg

Currently order-wise I also have this remaining -

19 Warlock/Witch Aelves

10 Doomfire Warlocks

A Sorceress/Hag

2 Vanguard-Palladors

19 Irondrakes

1 Warden King

Probably 20 Melusai when they become available.

So, still quite a lot to do, but at least it's a finite list for the DoK so it feels like progress is being made.

• Like 7

Cheers!

Managed to paint up a bit more. With the deadline for month 2 of Malign Portents coming up this Saturday, I painted this grot today, though he still needs his base finished -

vG3LVRw.jpg

Also worked on the Medusa and ended up finishing her, which is a step closer to the snake army completed -

QzsgzZP.jpg

• Like 6

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the reminder!

I've not been painting Order lately, but rather Chaos. Finally started on the Tzeentch army I've had in a pile mocking me. I'm very much a fan of the Realms of Chaos era of chaos warband where pretty much everyone is an individual, so for my Tzeentch Coven they're all unique. Makes for a very visually eclectic army but it's pretty fun converting them up.

Also my local GW is running a 2 month long escalation AoS skirmish campaign, so I've also painted up a couple of Slaanesh and Khorne models to flesh out the grand alliance warband. Again, having fun converting them.

tzeentch1.jpg.a9707adba109a74e6f7384fb08926f07.jpgtzeentch2.jpg.b78fcdc26ec178456f0e7d4d94370598.jpgtzeentch7.jpg.ee8780a4e6c0e42d27b373ade960974d.jpgtzeentch4.jpg.67352fe8524b04dae4683bba0b3257bf.jpgtzeentch6.jpg.0a56e68c31f7e73aefff4c5b0bc7df58.jpg

tzeentch5.jpg.0aa201df9018e3698834cb3417f6af39.jpgkhorne3.jpg.95bb1cd0e655f475425df9a8b8a66c2d.jpgkhorne1.jpg.27fe5758f41e12749af708152c4f1566.jpgkhorne2.jpg.dc62b665145f1c1b5f9921bb205f2119.jpgslaanesh1.jpg.71efab8598d724716e02ac9b95768a8e.jpgkhorne4.jpg.a3f4f21bb0053907e99d0bfa616f50b6.jpg

Currently the starting warband consists of a Tzaangor Shaman (Violet, on the blue and white disc), a Skyfire (Indigo, snake lady on disc), two Seekers of Slaanesh (the snake ladies) and a Horror (the inky amorphous mass) for 48 renown. Next step up is the Juggernaut rider as a Skullcrusher, and week after that is the Wrathmonger (maw spirit thing).

For the latter month of the campaign I have another pair of Skullcrushers, one of which is wip above with Slambo on it, as well as a Skyfire. There's another 16 renown I'm playing around with that'll either be a Khorgorath, or another(!) Skullcrusher, Knight of Nurgle and possibly Plague Monk, which would go a good way towards including some Nurgle.

My Tzeentch army is also pretty small - 17 models at 1000 points. Of those I still have 5 Warriors, a Curseling, a Tzaangor Shaman and a Tzaangor Enlightened left to paint. Expanding to 2k is just adding a Lord of Change, 30 Tzaangors and playing around with 140 more points.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1