Fimir Warriors

broche

1 hour ago, Malakree said:

The big problem is they are super ****** expensive, being forge world, and not battleline. 

Yeah they look solid but would be a nightmare to include in any realistic list.

Didnt they used to be battleline in 2016?

Strange they would just remove it, as it was hardly being used anyway.

I've got a unit of 3 that I run in a fun list. They are on massive bases, and only damage 1, so they don't put out much. And the healing thing sounds cool but with only 3 wounds each you're not going to get too much out of it. 

They're not awful, but more of a fun inclusion than a really competitive one in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, The Stronghold said:

You've just reminded me, what happened to all the new Fimir models Forge World had planned? Must be about a year and a half since they showed what they were working on, hope they didn't get binned.

They went the way of destruction in general, bounced off in favour of Nurgle and Stormcast....#saltlife

I've been running a unit of 9 Fimir rather extensively. They were massive in GH16, with +1 to hit from Bellowing Tyrant, but have dropped in efficiency now. Base size isn't an issue whatsoever with 2" range on the attacks. I think they can certainly fit into competitive Mixed Destruction builds, however those are quite weak in general since the release of GH17. If/when FW releases more Fimirach models, these guys may very well end up top tier competitive. They just need a small synergistic nudge and they'll be there.

13 hours ago, The Stronghold said:

You've just reminded me, what happened to all the new Fimir models Forge World had planned? Must be about a year and a half since they showed what they were working on, hope they didn't get binned.

They had a Meargh and Fimirach model that looked ready to release last time i checked. I have no idea what happens with FW releases though.

I would flip my lid if they did release though, I always wanted a fimir army. @Binx Is the man to follow on twitter if you like yourself some Fimir, he has some amazing projects going on.

Yeah follow me!

Thanks @Mohojoe

No in all seriousness, I’ve been waiting for Fimir heroes for a long time, but as I’m still working through my Fimir army, I’m not in any rush at the moment. 

I spoke to FW at last year Warhammer Fest and was told they had been put on hold while they concentrated on the new 40k for a bit. The heroes may even be painted which is a plus point.

I know FW have been expanding their AoS team so hopefully they’ll make an appearance soon, I have my fingers crossed for the AoS openday or this years Warhammerfest.

You can see some of my Fimir work here http://binxshobbyblog.co.uk/lesser-fimir or find me on twitter @BinxHobby . I’ve halfway through painting my 18 ‘real’ Fimir 

11 hours ago, Malakree said:

So are you the new fimir FW dude then?

I wish! 

And I glad you like the Lesser Fimir. I’ve got some Fimirlings waiting for paint, once the real Fimir and the ‘Thundertusk’ (Fimir type name to come) are done

10 minutes ago, Binx said:

Hey @Strammefar glad you like them.

Heres the ‘reveal’ article I did a little while back. Have a guess where the bits come from and then click the link

http://binxshobbyblog.co.uk/operation-not-lizardmen

They're mad! I had the feeling that you had used some Lizardmen. But hell, I would need a big portion of patience for this job! Really cool!

Speaking of Fimir, in Oldhammer circles there is an image from one of the early games Days (1988) where an army of Fimir is fighting an army of Skaven. It is oft remarked at with great envy because the original fimir are so expensive to acquire on the second hand market (I have a Fimir warlord, he was being used as a Tyrant Guard for my Throned Genestealer Patriarch stand in Hive tyrant in my Rogue Trader era Tyranids/Genestealer Cult army, being used as a tyrant Guard alongside an Ambull - the two models look good together)  and the army is well over 80 to 100 Fimir strong. No one knows where that army has ended up though.

flyer019.jpg

There's a nice article over on Eldritch Epistoles on it:

http://eldritchepistles.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/fimir-fawsends-of-em.html

I will weep with joy when new Fimir are released. I have nine more warriors and a noble on their way to me now (maybe I'll actually post on my log...) 

@Binx Those lesser fimir are brilliant. I was planning on using kroot bodies for a similar conversion, but saurus look even better. Would you be terribly upset if I borrowed such an idea? 

Archived