• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/15/2018 at 5:27 AM, Mayple said:

Looks like we'll be getting 30 Stormvermin for 400 :) I think that's a buff. I haven't done the numbers yet.

Hope not,  that amounts to 13.3 points per model verses the 12.5 that felt a little overcosted when they were 40 for 500
30 stormvermin would cost 420 in general's handbook 2016 & 2017 and I dont think a 20 point discount would make them playable without a warscroll change

1 hour ago, TheMuphinMan said:

Hope not,  that amounts to 13.3 points per model verses the 12.5 that felt a little overcosted when they were 40 for 500
30 stormvermin would cost 420 in general's handbook 2016 & 2017 and I dont think a 20 point discount would make them playable without a warscroll change

The stormvermin will remain in their burrows.

Looking at the leaked point profiles, Skaven hasn't really gone anywhere with core units like the Clanrats and Stormvermin remaining the same price or jumping up in cost. Alliegences still appear to be a complete mess too. Come on GW you can do better.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:39 AM, hughwyeth said:

Great result! It's nice to see non skryre competing well! Also a Warlord in a list is impressive!

What I like about this list is that it's what a traditional Skaven army should look like.  Swarms of Clanrats, flanked by shadowy sneaks, crazy poison wind throwers and a screeching Plague Priest.  It's like 1995 Skaven in its prime.

14 hours ago, TheMuphinMan said:

Yeah, I ran the numbers on it after I posted that. Their point cost actually increased, which was.. not needed. At least they can be allied into Skryre or Pestilens, but let's be honest, what can 30 Stormvermin do that 80 clanrats/giant rats can't do better? :P

On the flipside, I realized that Plague Censor bearers are more or less (with re-rolls) cheaper, squishier versions of Stormvermin, with the possibility of actually outdoing their damage output. I might be doing some Stormvermin-to-Plague Censor bearer converting to accomodate that, since GW doesn't seem to want us to use Stormvermin as they are :/ Either way, their models are the greatest thing ever, and I will be damned if I don't at least find some use for them on the battlefield, be that by stubbornly sticking to their kit, or giving them flailing plague-censors, they will be represented gosh darn it! 

12 hours ago, Zuriaxis said:

Looking at the leaked point profiles, Skaven hasn't really gone anywhere with core units like the Clanrats and Stormvermin remaining the same price or jumping up in cost. Alliegences still appear to be a complete mess too. Come on GW you can do better.

While we haven't received much in terms of point adjustments, at least in Verminus; the new command abilities are -incredibly- useful, and makes a lot of the things we've been trying out throughout the year a lot more viable. We're stuck with chaos allegiance for pure Verminus, but the new Crown of Conquest gives battleshock immunity within 6" of the bearer. Combine that with re-rolling charge rolls through the new command abilities, or reactive battleshock immunity if our crown-bearer dies, we got a lot of options.  Edit: The deathrunner being a -very- competitive pick if their interaction with artifacts remain the same. Doesn't even have to be your general! Whoop! 

Not to mention that both the screaming bell and plague furnace benefit from the "look out sir" -1 to hit for ranged attacks. 

All in all, I think we've tripled our efficiency, and I don't think people realise that. While others will focus mostly on combining a bunch of strong command abilities from their heroes, we will mostly end up mastering the core mechanics and the three new command abilities. Let others waste their bazzilion-damage-combo on a line of worthless clanrats, while we outmaneuver and outresource them at every turn. Underestimating the Skaven is more dangerous than ever.

That's not even considering the possibility of getting access to realm artifacts, and potential spells; which we had none of before ;) 

Archived