Nurgle List Check

Lucio

Have planned out my initial purchases and thoughts on a new Nurgle army, and wanted some input.

Aim of the list is to

a) Make good use of the Start Collecting or Blightwar box

b) Cover most of the unit bases

c) Fit the theme of the Garden of Nurgle

For the last point, the Mortal side are the prepatory force, who lay the groundwork for the Garden to break through into a new location

Only unit I'm torn on is the Plagueclaw, as I was eyeing up a unit of Plague Trolls instead

Slimux's Gardeners.pdf

Ok. I feel like you're trying to include a little bit of everything here, with no real driving force behind the list. Which is fine for fun.. but if you are looking for list building advice.. we should switch it up a bit! Maybe focus on a menagerie list? Which would be slimux, minimum 3 beasts and drones. You will need LOTS of the trees as horty can drop them once per turn in this battalion. Otherwise.. maybe try a tallyband with lots of drones and plaguebros, with a GUO to back them up. The lord of blights is really out of place in this list. If you are looking for a cheap support hero for the BKs.. I like the lord of plagues better. and the sloppity bilepiper is not really worth the points if you are not taking multiple GUO's.  the scrivener would really only be worth it back up ATLEAST one unit of 30 plaguebearers. NEVER EVER take lesser demons in units of 20. Either ten for the minimum (or as reinforcement points to summon from trees) or invest in 30. Also a chaos warshrine in a mixed list is a point investment without much bang for the buck. It would buff only a couple units and I think your points could be used better elsewhere. I also agree with the poster above about a single plagueclaw.

You have the makings of a FEW good lists here. Just narrow your vision and focus on an aspect or or units you want to build around.

Makes sense, so I'll aim to make 2 Nurgle armies. I do tend to lack focus :)

A daemon heavy list around Slimux , menagerie sounds good with Plaguebearers as Battleline

A Lord of Blight's list around his formation, with Maurauders and Warshrine as backup

That sounds great! Things that pair well with the marauders are harbinger of decay (so the marauders would have a 5+/5++/6++ saves with the warshrine and harbinger in range!!) And the Glotkin as his spell can double the units wounds and command ability doubling thier attacks. With blades of putrefaction, they now do MW on a 6, and if they get their ability to add +1 to hit off (from their warscroll)... they would be doing mortal wounds on a 5+!! But only you have to choose either defensive with harbinger or offensive with glotkin regarding the command abilities.  Also the plaguetouched warband is super cheap and works well for these units. Its in the everchosen book.

I lack a lot of experience with the demons, but a menagerie list sounds strong with the amount of trees you can throw down! and drones are just so so good right now. when buffed they can dish out a GAK ton of attacks.

Archived