Help with my nurgle army please!

edmek55555

So I am looking to start a 1000 point army, preferably nurgle but I am also open to a chaos grand alliance army utilizing nurgle, khorne, and or thunderscorn. My goal is to keep the model count as low as possible while still being a viable army. My ideas I have currently are

Lord of Afflictions (General)

Gutrot Spume

Chaos lord on manticore

1 putrid blightkings

1 pusgoyle blightlords

Number 2:

Gutrot Spume (general)

Horticulous Slimux

2 blightkings

1 blightlords

1 beast of nurgle

and 3

Gutrot Spume

Festus the Leechlord

1 blightlords

1 blight kings

1 Jabberslythe ( ally) 

Keep in mind I have never played the table top and have simply collected miniatures and painted for years because I enjoy painting and displaying them so any input is much appreciated. I will be mainly playing against my friend in casual matched play games. I simply don't have the attention span to paint 20 of the same model over and over especially with the detail all the nurgle models have. Thanks for any feedback!

35 minutes ago, edmek55555 said:

So I am looking to start a 1000 point army, preferably nurgle but I am also open to a chaos grand alliance army utilizing nurgle, khorne, and or thunderscorn. My goal is to keep the model count as low as possible while still being a viable army. My ideas I have currently are

Gutrot Spume

Chaos lord on manticore

1 putrid blightkings

1 pusgoyle blightlords

Number 2:

Gutrot Spume (general)

Horticulous Slimux

2 blightkings

1 blightlords

1 beast of nurgle

and 3

Gutrot Spume

Festus the Leechlord

1 blightlords

1 blight kings

1 Jabberslythe ( ally) 

Keep in mind I have never played the table top and have simply collected miniatures and painted for years because I enjoy painting and displaying them so any input is much appreciated. I will be mainly playing against my friend in casual matched play games. I simply don't have the attention span to paint 20 of the same model over and over especially with the detail all the nurgle models have. Thanks for any feedback!

number 3 might be the best one tbh. good balance of tank, mobility and damage. 

32 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

number 3 might be the best one tbh. good balance of tank, mobility and damage. 

Thanks for the input. My biggest concern with that one is that I may  be at a disadvantage in objective based games due to only having two battle line units

26 minutes ago, edmek55555 said:

Thanks for the input. My biggest concern with that one is that I may  be at a disadvantage in objective based games due to only having two battle line units

you have small units in all lists tbh, your hope is late game, where points are worth more, kill them an capture the objectives. 

2 minutes ago, edmek55555 said:

The ones listed above but my birthday is in a couple weeks so now is a great time for some ideas. If I can avoid spamming plaguebearers that would be great but I am open minded to any ideas. 

Considering that you don't want to spam units which look identical, I'd recommend mortals are the army focus.

Blightkings are rather varied in their construction, so while the same unit they can look different enough to not be boring

I'd go something like

Making the harbinger as general.

2xkings=360

Harbinger - 160 - rustfang & hideous visage ?

Gutrot -140

Festus -140 

Pusgoyle blightlords -220.

Try and go 2nd. If not meh.

Teleport a unit of kings and gutrot behind their lines, or near an objective on the side, use this unit as bait, if they go for it use your other units to capture objectives, if not use this unit to cause havoc or capture objectives.

Your damage will come from the rustfang reducing enemies save by 1, effectively giving your units An extra  -1 rend. 

The pusgoyle blightlords will tank well, or deal damage well if near the general

Archived