Legions of Nagash: The Grand Host of Nagash and New Summoning

RuneBrush

2 minutes ago, Jamopower said:

So I guess that the grave sites will be marker sized as they would need to release a terrain piece for it and the Garden of Morr is bit too big to have four of them on the table.. I luckily have some nice resin gravestones in my bitzbox that get to a good use now :)

Could be that the grave site markers are the 4 inter pieces that make up the Garden of Morr?

Ruler.jpg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, KnightFire said:

From discussions with Ben Johnson on whatsapp, it seems the  grave sites can probably be anything you want, as you measure from the centre of them (as with objective markers). So a great opportunity to model up some really interesting bits of scenery.

Will be good if that's the case - though sure there will be loads of moans from other people who expect us to drop down something the size of Uganda on the table :D

Interesting, I think @Sception is right in that we'll see a FEC pack at some point.  Can't imagine we'll get Knight of Shrouds in there as it's a MP model.  Thinking about it, this is how all of the Chaos warscrolls are done - my Khorne ones don't include Slaves to Darkness even though I can legitimately include them in my army.

6 minutes ago, stickybluetoffee said:

Some sad news though. There are 32 Warscroll unit cards. Looking over the Death section in the app there are 30 units not including FEC. Add in Knight of Shrouds and presuming I’ve miscounted somehow then it looks like Legions of Nagash doesn’t cover FEC

Did you count for the named character Vampire Prince on Zombie Dragon?

That would make your count to 32 complete, it seems.

9 minutes ago, Jamopower said:

Didn't they backtrack the whole "all death units" thing somewhere and the thing that FEC (and Tomb kings) is not in was already known?

I hadn't heard this, but if so that's unfortunate.  Not a deal breaker for me, as ghouls do have their own book, but I had been hopining to see one or two ghoulish formations for mannfred. 

15 minutes ago, Sception said:

I hadn't heard this, but if so that's unfortunate.  Not a deal breaker for me, as ghouls do have their own book, but I had been hopining to see one or two ghoulish formations for mannfred. 

Well the option to ally remains. In general this book suggests that Allies within GA Death arn't difficult to come by and will not choke particular builds.

So far I expect all Summunable units to be Battleline choices aswell. It matches with what has been leaked.

4 hours ago, Sception said:

These allegiance abilities are good beyond anything I dared dream.  I take back all my previous griping, and sincerely apologize for being such a grump for the last few days.

The age of hope isn't dead.  It's undead.

It's obligatory I say I told you so.

This is like...25 times this has happened in the AoS and 40k communities now and the lesson is always the same. Speculation of rules power CANNOT begin until ALL rules are available. It's not like model release timelines or rumor engines or narrative. Without the full spread of the rules and how they interact with each other(and DEFINITELY the point values) all you're doing is getting worked up for no reason.

In fact, as promising as this now looks, it's still too early to get excited about the armies powerlevel. Fortunately, it's NOT to early to get excited about having new toys to play with as death players(I now have 3000ish pts myself)

1 hour ago, Arkiham said:

That wounds restoring thing is quite restrictive on proper look.

Anything over 3 wounds can't be resurrected, and black knights etc fail 1/3 of the time.

Yeah, although to be fair, outside of the nerf to Bloodknights, Dire Hounds and Black Knights, everything else got better. GG are the real winner here, since it only takes 1 DI to give them their old Rgen back, while Skeletons and Zombies only need 2. But DI is better, since you can easily pop far more than that on a single unit. And 2d3 is far better than 1d6, since it eliminates the possibility of getting a 1. Spirit Hosts also got better since they used to not be able to heal or get models back at all.

Although, I wont pretend that I'm blown away by the rules leaked so far. I wouldn't call them bad, infact, I'd say they are overall pretty decent.  Much better than the leaked Warscrolls.

2 hours ago, Killax said:

Did you count for the named character Vampire Prince on Zombie Dragon?

That would make your count to 32 complete, it seems.

I doubt we'll have the knight of shrouds but the remaining two are probably the blood palanquin and as you suggested the named vamp on dragon

29 minutes ago, Undeadly said:

Yeah, although to be fair, outside of the nerf to Bloodknights, Dire Hounds and Black Knights, everything else got better. GG are the real winner here, since it only takes 1 DI to give them their old Rgen back, while Skeletons and Zombies only need 2. But DI is better, since you can easily pop far more than that on a single unit. And 2d3 is far better than 1d6, since it eliminates the possibility of getting a 1. Spirit Hosts also got better since they used to not be able to heal or get models back at all.

Although, I wont pretend that I'm blown away by the rules leaked so far. I wouldn't call them bad, infact, I'd say they are overall pretty decent.  Much better than the leaked Warscrolls.

It's not too bad on the black knights or dire wolves either (especially as I think you couldn't resurrect the dire wolves either earlier), you get a knight back on 3+ and you should be quite easily be able to get three or even four tries per turn. Of course it's not as good as getting d3 straight back, but on the other hand 10 black knights can now generate 162 attacks in a turn, although half of them from the horse.

Archived