The Painting Contract - February 2018

TheOtherJosh

So unfortunately I didnt get the chance to post or work on it yesterday here's my chaos lord conversion so far. I felt since varanguard are commander types it made sense for my lord to be one.

Now the real question is do I get one of each god's warriors in this warband too? E.g. a blightking, tzaangor, wrayhmonger and a hellstrider. Who knows but I'm gonna try and work more on him and some gladiator marauders tonight! Will make my own topic for the project once I have more to show.

IMG_20180213_223856979.jpg

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

Dont forget to post up your WiP on the WiP Wednesday thread for what you’ve got on your table!

No picture, but I finally decided on a scheme for my Shadespire Eternals and build 5 witch elves and spray painted them all. Can't wait for some free time to get started on them. Although I first need to finish the final details on my Slaanesh lord and 2 spawn. 

32 minutes ago, Oneyah said:

Enjoyed painting this scenery, followed bits of the tutorial but decided on slight different approach to the brick work on the towers. Amazing how quickly you can get a big model done and how long the smaller ones can take.

That looks ace - mind you I am a sucker for that model!  Which tutorial did you use?

It was the warhammertv one plus an older one for the realmgate. They’ve also done one for each of the four harbingers which I am loosely using at the moment. 

Basically

Mexhanicus-dawnstone drybrush, various shades (reikland, seraphon, Agrax and nuln oil) over different bricks for the brick work.

dryad bark-gorthor brown drybrush for the wood.

Then did an all over karak stone drybrush.

retributer-reikland-rhinox drybrush-Black drybrush for the gold stone.

Balthasar-drybrush of fulgurite copper-Agrax-necron compound dry brush-nihilik oxide.

I love painting up some scenery for a change and would definitely recommend it to anyone in a bit of a lull with army painting or who have hit a bit of a wall in their current project.

18 minutes ago, Oneyah said:

It was the warhammertv one plus an older one for the realmgate. They’ve also done one for each of the four harbingers which I am loosely using at the moment. 

Basically

Mexhanicus-dawnstone drybrush, various shades (reikland, seraphon, Agrax and nuln oil) over different bricks for the brick work.

dryad bark-gorthor brown drybrush for the wood.

Then did an all over karak stone drybrush.

retributer-reikland-rhinox drybrush-Black drybrush for the gold stone.

Balthasar-drybrush of fulgurite copper-Agrax-necron compound dry brush-nihilik oxide.

I love painting up some scenery for a change and would definitely recommend it to anyone in a bit of a lull with army painting or who have hit a bit of a wall in their current project.

Cheers!  I'm tempted to drag out the really old one when it was originally released and combine that and the new one :D  Planning on a big scenery painting session in March after the AoS Open Day

7 hours ago, Oneyah said:

Enjoyed painting this scenery, followed bits of the tutorial but decided on slight different approach to the brick work on the towers. Amazing how quickly you can get a big model done and how long the smaller ones can take.

0053E571-6B93-4C59-8578-C0B53B6DCF62.jpeg

8A9991FE-4DB8-4EB0-9568-172C16005D2D.jpeg

861369EA-DF49-43C2-A81D-F0DA5DDF8AE6.jpeg

That is amazing work, and crazy fast! I am hoping to get mine build and sprayed on Sunday.

After seeing the above work, I’m pretty sure this doesn’t belong here ?

I managed another 20 clanrats and I changed the ‘command squad’ of rats to individual bases in order to have 20 of them for the extra hit and attack. 

So thats 20 plague monks, 20 clanrats, a warrior priestess and 20 giant rats (equivalent) so I’m pretty happy. Done my skaven now. Would like to add thanqual and boneripper plus a shaggoth and some centaurs just cause I like em!

The clan join up to make 40. 

And now the bonus guys. It’s only the 16th. I think I’m on a roll .

img_1552.jpgimg_1553.jpgimg_1554.jpg

2 hours ago, Kirjava13 said:

Ah, ok, I thought maybe you had Borrowers working for you as painters for a moment. Looks awesome!

It’s a really nice piece of kit ... unlike the scrolls and books for the Herald of Tzeentch on burning chariot ... or the Gaunt Summoner ... which are all completely blank .... B|

47 minutes ago, Artobans Ghost said:

Ok for extras now. I think I’ll slow down after this but afraid if I stop, that’s it. 

Praetorian sentinel,  3 mortar crews and a commissar no less. I love this painting contract as it gets me motivated as well as seeing al this eye candy. 

Nice, Not AoS ... but stuff that keeps you painting and motivated is important in the overall scheme of things B|

what are your next AoS related models in the queue? :)

13 hours ago, Artobans Ghost said:

I have a choice ? 1 metal steam tank, 2 hell blaster volley guns, 19 sisters of Sigmar, 15 flagellants, 10 shadow warriors, and a pile of metal models I found yesterday in a drawer. So no shortage at the moment. All freeguild of course.  Not sure what to make the sisters represent yet though

They would make excellent Warrior Priest or Excelcior Warpriest models. They were extremely characterful Mordheim models.

However as those are heroes ... you can’t use 19 of them in a single force... :/

On 4-2-2018 at 1:20 AM, TwiceIfILikeIt said:

This month, with 47 days remaining until Adepticon, I just have one thing to do.  I need to finish the display board for our Team Kharadron Skaven army.  Here's the work-in-progress of the underground level.

Dwarven Forge:

20180203_180633.jpg.88a2f7adbefa4cb98f0d9b734b310711.jpg

Skaven Laboratory:

20180203_180702.jpg.177fb9e3a2219e7fe3a797f93485ac6b.jpg

Skaven Battleline barracks:

20180203_180724.jpg.1715cd451caecfce6986878777e56b46.jpg

Next up... the top level with Dwarven Brewery and Skyport... 

Wish me luck!  :-)

I would love to see some updates about this project! What kind of army does it represent? Its Skaven with kharadron rules?

1 hour ago, TheOtherJosh said:

They would make excellent Warrior Priest or Excelcior Warpriest models. They were extremely characterful Mordheim models.

However as those are heroes ... you can’t use 19 of them in a single force... :/

I was thinking maybe greatswords equivalent. And possibly hammerhal blue & white. Your right, they are very nice sculpts so I would like to do them justice. And I found an extra one to make an even 20. I started putting together the old elector on a griphon but will happily use him as a general on griphon. Might make a nice centrepiece. 

1 hour ago, Artobans Ghost said:

I was thinking maybe greatswords equivalent. And possibly hammerhal blue & white. Your right, they are very nice sculpts so I would like to do them justice. And I found an extra one to make an even 20. I started putting together the old elector on a griphon but will happily use him as a general on griphon. Might make a nice centrepiece. 

Counts-as Greatswords would be a solid option for a freeguild Army. 

Just make sure that any Warrior Priests or Excelcior Warpriests are different B| so you don’t mistake them on the battlefield

Archived