Lets Chat: Legions of Nagash

S133arcanite

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sception said:

You might want to double check your math on this particular point.  15 black knights id 360 points, considerably more than 5 blood knights at 260.

I do agree with your overall point though, that the combinstion of significant points hike plus multiple nerfs to everything that made the unit good in the first place has really hurt the unit.  Much more than I realized before you laid it out, as I didn't really use them to begin with.

:/ I'm not a math guy..

@swarmofseals
BK are obviously better, but 70% point hike better? no. If BK are 20% better on offence then id happily pay 20% more for them, which would be 192 points. Quite a bit off from 260. 

21 minutes ago, Ashtyn said:

Some of the war scrolls are on the app!

Coven thrones got a cool new command ability. Reroll hits wounds and saves of 1. May work well, may be worthless lol

You would assume the changes come with point changes, but I don't see anything different.

Coven has a really nice command ability, and keeps Beguile, which is amazing if Nagash takes it. Predictable 3 unit regen, otherwise looks the same.

Noting else of note has changed yet.

4 minutes ago, Xasz said:

3 spells per lore is bad, really, really bad.

I don't see 3 spells per lore in the review. 

He says Nagash knows an additional 3 spells from both lores. Meaning he himself knows 7 spells.

let me know if you have an actual quote saying 3 spells per lore.

This Allegiance ability is amazing if you understand what it does.

I had this same type of convo with the Nurgle lads when their book was on preorder.

3-6 spells per lore are no issue, you have a max of 6 heroes anyway. 

No, Nagash is not a competative mandatory piece.

Yes, summonning is better as ever, just use your mobility well and consider cheap Death Heroes too.

Legions, specifically Keywords is the issue thats resolved and by large was the only issue.

60220207005_NagashWarscrollCardsENG03.jpI think we can safely assume that the 8 cards at the top are buff or debuffing spells of some kind, maybe a combo of either.

soul grasp and the orb aren't mentioned, which takes us to 10 spells.

Im pretty confident we will have 12 spells to play with.

From Tyler's article

"Any unit with the Summonable keyword can start the game off the board and be brought on to the Gravesite by any Death hero within 9". No roll, they just come on and set up wholly within 9" of the site and 9" away from the enemy."

Does this mean we just use the summon as a pure deepstrike mechanic like in 40k? If so, it has a major upside, and a major downside: 
- No longer able to adjust your list based on the mission being played (although I suppose a lot of that was gone by NH heroes no longer being summonable)
- Being able to keep your slow battle line infantry like skeletons and zombies in reserve and drop them in later while they still count for battleline slots.

6 minutes ago, TheKingInYellow said:

Well i have a 1k game in a month for the start of an escalation league and I was painting 6 Vargheists for Battleline units.  ******.

Sorry mate, stuff changes. Luckily skeletons are easy to batch paint and in reality this is where all legion power lies, summonable units.

We're easily looking at a ton of recursion also so paint well and the summonable models will stick ;)

1 minute ago, Killax said:

Sorry mate, stuff changes. Luckily skeletons are easy to batch paint and in reality this is where all legion power lies, summonable units.

We're easily looking at a ton of recursion also so paint well and the summonable models will stick ;)

I'll be lucky to have enough built and primed at the rate I go, lol...

6 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

Well, between the nerf to Blood Knights, and Varghiests being stripped of batteline, sounds like Soulblight allegiance is completely dead.

Got to be honest, competatively speaking, pick a Legion. The abilities and model range obtained is too good not to. 

The review does not suggest there are less than 6 spells per lore. Given all he says about Deathlords Lore, its unlikely there are only 3. From what he says, it sounds pretty promising so far. 

The main information I gained from this is article is:

• Nagash can't be in a mortarch legion, and the mortarchs have to be the generals (only if they are on the board). This is not a big deal but it prevents you from some tactical stuff like making Arkhan the general to make a 6" hand of dust for Nagash. This kind of solidifies Arkhan's legion as likely the best due to some of the shenanigans @swarmofseals as talking about with the spells. (This is also a bit on the edge because someone might argue that a 3" spell on a Vortex is 6"+6" not 9"x2 ... A FAQ could ruin this fun real quick.)
  • He also mentions some concepts regarding Command Traits. Hilarious given that you must make the names your general. Watch some amazing command traits so you never actually want to take your named leader of your legion ever and death continues to see only VLoZD generals in 99% of lists.
  • Nagash gets +3 spells, putting him a 7 spells base now, which is a really good sign.  It sounds like there will be a lot of spells to play with. From the App i can see Coven Throne retains its spell which could be a huge combo with Nagash - if someone charges him he can simply prevent them from attacking him at all. Depending on the lores he might be worth taking.
  • I was wondering about Hexwraiths and he mentions they get the mortals on 6s rule, which goes a long way to bring them up to par.
  • He says you cannot add a Mourngul....thats going to trouble a lot of people.
  • Confirms 4 gravesites per game. All the special abilities for summoning models to a gravesite require reinforcement points. This makes everything other than the basic new summoning a complete waste of time with no sensible reason how it would ever fit into matched play, therefore is just some useless thematic concept to be completely ignored. Regardless the new summoning is awesome so we don't need anything else. 

The quantity of spells doesnt even matter. Its the quality that always matters.

Being upset that if a named character from that Legion must be the general is just odd altogether. AoS understands its narrative. The same applies to several Named characters and their Battalions for a long while now.

As before everything with the Summonable Keyword recieved a massive boost. It suprises me that you guys arnt disecting what Deadly Invocation does for all armies now.

Focus on this summons and profit. There are tons of options. Yeah new Legions are in line with narrative.

I think the grave sites will be huge.

if the wording doesn't specify 'wholly within' then we could place them mid board close to our heroes in turn 1 and dasiy chain some huge lines of skeletons/graveguard/ hell, even spirit hosts out onto objectives so we can contest them early. 

I know a summon doesn't count as a move, but it means we can create a wall of bodies early on half way down the board.

if your opponent is slow you can place the grave sites more offensively. 

However with the current objective focus, I think we will be smart to focus on 2 or 3 of the objectives with grave sites and grind it out with strong resurrecting models.

Ooooo I'm excited, Saturday needs to hurry the hell up! 

25 minutes ago, WoollyMammoth said:

I was wondering about Hexwraiths and he mentions they get the mortals on 6s rule, which goes a long way to bring them up to par.

If hexies do get the 6 to wound, they become excellent objective holders! 

Easier then a spirit host to bring back (2 wounds) unrendable 4+ followed by a 6++

this means that the spirit hosts can go offensive with van hels and scare the pants off of elites 

Archived