16 minutes ago, Burf said:

Nagash also confirmed still 800

Yep. Some more:
- Dire Wolves, Battleline, 60 for 5
- Skeleton Warriors, Battleline
- Zombies, Battleline

- Grave Guard, Battleline for Grand Host of Nagash
- Morghast, Batteline for Grand Host of Nagash
- Others still refer to Keyword Faction, so this confirms that you do not choose A, B or C but A or B and then add C on top... 
- Blood Knigjts, 260 for 5

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

6 battaltions...we know of 4. Wonder what the other two will be then? Maybe a pure Nighthaunt one?

Naughthaunt and Soulblight one would be my best guess, because they more or less are still a relevant aspect for this book in terms of a few of these units being able to become Battleline if specifically an army is taken with that Keyword and all that...

We'll see. It's far to early to cry nerf/buff unless we have someone who goes through the book step by step, detail by detail ;) 

1 hour ago, Killax said:

- Others still refer to Keyword Faction, so this confirms that you do not choose A, B or C but A or B and then add C on top... 

What?

This makes no sense to me...  Anybody who can translate this?

2 hours ago, Killax said:

When I read that page you can actually apply to it to FEC and TK armies aswell.

Read it again.  The legion keyword can be applied only to "units in this battletome".  Not all Death units, just units in that book.  FEC units aren't in the book, thus can't have the keyword, thus can't be included in legion faction armies except as allies.  Same with tomb kings.  Maybe FEC will get a note allowing them as allies, but TK won't.

6 hours ago, Burf said:

Nagash also confirmed still 800

It's a small thing, but hand of dust still irks me. Not that it's a 50/50 remove a model from the board, I'd actually expect something like that from an 800 point model representing a god, but that there's still the "choose a hand" mechanic. Just a make it a 4 up roll already(already being a popular house rule). That's not going to make me buy not Nagash of course, he's still on my relative short list. Toss up between him and the GUO. One one hand I'm building death faster than Nurgle, but on the other I've already go so much more death. Also the GUO also fits in so many more list, not to mention 40k.

7 hours ago, Killax said:

Yep. Some more:
- Dire Wolves, Battleline, 60 for 5
- Skeleton Warriors, Battleline
- Zombies, Battleline

- Grave Guard, Battleline for Grand Host of Nagash
- Morghast, Batteline for Grand Host of Nagash
- Blood Knigjts, 260 for 5

So are Dire wolves any good? And do you mean straight up battleline no matter what alliegance(legion)?

44 minutes ago, xking said:

Interesting lore. Nagash had no loyalty to Sigmar and planed to eventually betray him from the very beginning.

He did the smart thing eating other death gods then I suspect their juice is the reason why he is so strong and can hold his own against order and chaos. 

10 minutes ago, Mikeymajq said:

So are Dire wolves any good? And do you mean straight up battleline no matter what alliegance(legion)?

Dire Wolves are hugely underrated. Before the new tome they were the kind of unit that nobody ever gets excited about but does a ton of work.  They contend with Ushabti for the title of most defensively efficient warscroll in the entire Grand Alliance (with Ushabti being better against single damage attacks and Dire Wolves being better against multi-damage attacks). Their offense is poor but not horrible -- certainly better than most warscrolls that are highly defensively efficient. They are also very fast. The combination of these factors makes them just super useful as tarpits and objective grabbers that will occasionally pick off fragile enemies. 

Folks are saying that their warscroll was not changed, but IMO they were buffed even if the warscroll wasn't. I'm not sure if they are summonable or not, but if they are that's a thing. Even if not, the fact that Corpse Carts are more desirable now (both due to warscroll changes and due to the increased value of casting buffs -- assuming no points increases) is effectively a buff for Dire Wolves. 

Another trend that seems to be happening with this book is that warscroll roles are getting more heavily defined. In the past, nearly all of the non-hero units in GA death were (with a few exceptions) reasonably tanky and reasonably punchy. That's becoming less true now -- Blood Knights, for example, are a lot punchier but less tanky. With roles becoming more clearly defined, Dire Wolves become more exceptional because they fill their job so well. I think they will see some of their best use in tandem with Blood Knights by pinning an enemy unit in place while the BKs provide the hammer.

40 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

Dire Wolves are hugely underrated. Before the new tome they were the kind of unit that nobody ever gets excited about but does a ton of work.  They contend with Ushabti for the title of most defensively efficient warscroll in the entire Grand Alliance (with Ushabti being better against single damage attacks and Dire Wolves being better against multi-damage attacks). Their offense is poor but not horrible -- certainly better than most warscrolls that are highly defensively efficient. They are also very fast. The combination of these factors makes them just super useful as tarpits and objective grabbers that will occasionally pick off fragile enemies. 

Folks are saying that their warscroll was not changed, but IMO they were buffed even if the warscroll wasn't. I'm not sure if they are summonable or not, but if they are that's a thing. Even if not, the fact that Corpse Carts are more desirable now (both due to warscroll changes and due to the increased value of casting buffs -- assuming no points increases) is effectively a buff for Dire Wolves. 

Another trend that seems to be happening with this book is that warscroll roles are getting more heavily defined. In the past, nearly all of the non-hero units in GA death were (with a few exceptions) reasonably tanky and reasonably punchy. That's becoming less true now -- Blood Knights, for example, are a lot punchier but less tanky. With roles becoming more clearly defined, Dire Wolves become more exceptional because they fill their job so well. I think they will see some of their best use in tandem with Blood Knights by pinning an enemy unit in place while the BKs provide the hammer.

What changes to corpse cart?

1 hour ago, swarmofseals said:

I agree a LOT with you. In allegiance with slow units (except spulblight) for 60 miserable points, you get a unit who run 10", hit 4+,3+ at chargue (3+,3+ with Corpse Cart) and cover you a battleline spot. For 60 points!!!

I put my bloodreavers just for die and they are much lesss efective in all aspects!

The dire Wolves are propably one of the best things in death, in every faction you can cover a batleline for 60 points and still beign effective in his role. 

Archived