The future

FRoper

With such a large amount of updates and new models/books coming out this year and with LVO creating a large amount of new information, then it is certainly looking like a great year. 

Malign Portents

- 4 new models

Daughters of Khaine 

- at least 3 new kits and 2 versions of morathi 

Fishmen?? A new army all together.   

Death

- legions of Nagash book

Is there anything else that i am missing? 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Killax said:

Obviously Stormcast will get more releases.

Else this 14 carat gold statue isn't going to pay itself back you know ;) 

2015-07-06_1009.png

As much whining as it's gonna create...yeah. The new Stormcast hero buffs war-machines. The Stormcast have an unopened chamber of warmachines. Sooo...sorry?

My one death player friend already gave me one of these :| today.

Given how awesome most model releases have been for all factions, including stormcast, and given that the idea in the other thread of stormcast riding LIGHTNING BULLS was somehow not praised as the greatest idea of all time (which it surely is), I can only conclude that forum user irritability, disaffection and choler when posting about SCE points to an imbalance of the bodily humours.

To wit, as a non-trained, non-practising medieval physician, I recommend you seek medical and or shamanic care if you feel the need to post anything that would indicate an imbalance of bile re: Stormcast Eternals.

In conclusion, if you find news of a release or rumoured release upset you, consider the possibility that the truly upsetting lies within you, nestled in your core like a poisonous wyvern. Perhaps a drought of love as a child, a jilted romance, or a business deal gone sour.

The lack of daughters of Khorne abilities was a notable absence in ghb 2017. Now we know why. Another notable absence was the Moonclan. I would now be willing to put money on a new moonclan battletome coming this year. 

We will almost certainly see a second Aelves battletome and probably an all new Death faction. 

As has been said, some Stormcast war machines seem highly likely. With Malign Portents, legions of Nagash and Nurgle that makes 8 major Aos releases this year which sounds about right. As many have suggested, we will probably see Slaanesh early next year.

Other notable missing allegiances in the GHB2017 were everything related to High elves and Gutbusters. I could see a beastclaw riders type of battletome for the ogres as they have quite good line of models already. The elves will probably have to do with the second elven release and most likely a quite central stage when the storyline gets to Slaanesh.

I'd expect too see; (No, I'm not joking/taking the wee)

- Shadow Aelves riding sea horses/octopuses

- Moonclan grots that live on the back of Squig Whales (The whales have caves on their backs)

- More Kharadron models. (Mainly new characters)

- A Deathrattle faction with massive skeletal constructs/bone giants 

- A Vampire faction

- The first hints of Slaanesh

- Stormcast warmachines

- A new WHQ box.

But I doubt we'll see all this, this year. More like over a period of 18 months.

The future is:

-February LoN and heralds (100% confirmed)

-Late March: DoK (could be early April)

-May: Malerion and Shadowkin (several reliable rumours)

-July: New death. Based on today’s story, I predict something like cult of Nagash. No reliable rumour on this, just taking GW’s word that there will be lots of new stuff for death later on this year

-Second half more 40k oriented, with maybe some new battletomes with no to few new models for AoS (Gutbuster and son on).

1 hour ago, Praetor of Calth said:

I'd expect too see; (No, I'm not joking/taking the wee)

- Shadow Aelves riding sea horses/octopuses

- Moonclan grots that live on the back of Squig Whales (The whales have caves on their backs)

- More Kharadron models. (Mainly new characters)

- A Deathrattle faction with massive skeletal constructs/bone giants 

- A Vampire faction

- The first hints of Slaanesh

- Stormcast warmachines

- A new WHQ box.

But I doubt we'll see all this, this year. More like a period of 18 months.

Well, that's fine for me!

35 minutes ago, Turgol said:

The future is:

-February LoN and heralds (100% confirmed)

-Late March: DoK (could be early April)

-May: Malerion and Shadowkin (several reliable rumours)

-July: New death. Based on today’s story, I predict something like cult of Nagash. No reliable rumour on this, just taking GW’s word that there will be lots of new stuff for death later on this year

-Second half more 40k oriented, with maybe some new battletomes with no to few new models for AoS (Gutbuster and son on).

Sounds great!

1 hour ago, Praetor of Calth said:

I really really really like this idea. I have never thought about big squig whales with caves on their back but now I am really digging it.

Is this just wishful thinking or based on real rumors? :-D It seems to be too good to be true.

36 minutes ago, Infeston said:

I really really really like this idea. I have never thought about big squig whales with caves on their back but now I am really digging it.

Is this just wishful thinking or based on real rumors? :-D It seems to be too good to be true.

I guess the more accurate assessment would be wishful thinking. My thought process however is derived from the new Shaman model. The baby squig whale has wierd craters on it's back, almost like something could live in them. Not too mention there has been a precedent for smaller versions of the bigger models on bases as of late...

My predictions for 2018:

• People will whinge online about Stormcast getting too many releases;
  • People will whinge online about their chosen faction not getting any/big enough new releases;
  • People will whinge online about certain factions and units being broken;
  • People will whinge online when GHB'18 fixes said broken factions and units;
  • The vast majority of hobbyists will enjoy playing games, painting models and otherwise getting on with our lives.

1 hour ago, AGPO said:

My predictions for 2018:

• People will whinge online about their chosen faction not getting any/big enough new releases;

I mean it is not like people complain without a reason. :-D If many people complain there is often something more to it than just whinging. And i think the complaints in the last few months were a lot louder than before.

After GHB2016 most of the people weren't even complaining. Only a few people complained about the things. After the GHB2017 a lot more people started complaining than before.

But still, there will always be people who complain. But it depends on the number if there is more to it.

Oh and you forgot another point in your list:

• People will whinge online about people whinging too much 
  • People will whinge online that people should stop complaining and just enjoy the game

xD 

1 hour ago, Infeston said:

I mean it is not like people complain without a reason. :-D If many people complain there is often something more to it than just whinging. And i think the complaints in the last few months were a lot louder than before.

After GHB2016 most of the people weren't even complaining. Only a few people complained about the things. After the GHB2017 a lot more people started complaining than before.

But still, there will always be people who complain. But it depends on the number if there is more to it.

Oh and you forgot another point in your list:

• People will whinge online about people whinging too much 
  • People will whinge online that people should stop complaining and just enjoy the game

xD 

I think part of there being more complaints more recently is that the fan base is growing, which will bring more of the vocal minority who complain about things (not that they’re always wrong or anything, just that as a fan base grows, the amount of people unhappy about different things will grow too). 

@Still-young The thing is that it is often portrayed that complaints don't solve anything. But GW even adressed in the aelves video "You wanted aelves", which many people complained about not getting anything, that the outcries had some kind of effect on GW. 

Also the focus on DEATH in Malign Portents is certainly related to the outcries that death isn't getting any love. 

People also cried about the Stonehorn being too strong. I the GHB2017 they nerfed it for example.

There are many examples were these outcries lead to changes. So I don't blame the people for complaining if it seems to be the only way to make GW listen.

I have also seen many reasonable posts without any outcries. But I don't see GW taking this into consideration.

6 hours ago, AGPO said:

My predictions for 2018:

• The vast majority of hobbyists will enjoy playing games, painting models and otherwise getting on with our lives.

Don't forget, whining about whining, very productive....

2 hours ago, Infeston said:

@Still-young The thing is that it is often portrayed that complaints don't solve anything. But GW even adressed in the aelves video "You wanted aelves", which many people complained about not getting anything, that the outcries had some kind of effect on GW. 

Also the focus on DEATH in Malign Portents is certainly related to the outcries that death isn't getting any love. 

People also cried about the Stonehorn being too strong. I the GHB2017 they nerfed it for example.

There are many examples were these outcries lead to changes. So I don't blame the people for complaining if it seems to be the only way to make GW listen.

I have also seen many reasonable posts without any outcries. But I don't see GW taking this into consideration.

I would be careful to assume this comes from complaints in forums.  GW has been reaching out to various community leaders, and listening to their players, sure.  But, I don't think they are trolling the forums to see what we want.  Now, I say this as someone who has recently been very complain-y about the lack of news of new Death models, but forum whining really solves nothing.  In my case, when I complain, it's more of a 'does anyone else feel like I do', or, hey guys, say something to show me I shouldn't be worried.  But if I really wanted to tell GW something, I'd email them, or shoot them a message on the relevant FB page.

As others have said, an internet backlash will occur when GW announces a new Stormcast chamber (the warmachine one, I guess). Despite the fact this will be the third year in a row where a new Stormcast chamber is opened up.

Also a Warhammer Quest with Death minions would be great. 

12 hours ago, MechaBriZilla said:

I would be careful to assume this comes from complaints in forums.  GW has been reaching out to various community leaders, and listening to their players, sure.  But, I don't think they are trolling the forums to see what we want.  Now, I say this as someone who has recently been very complain-y about the lack of news of new Death models, but forum whining really solves nothing.  In my case, when I complain, it's more of a 'does anyone else feel like I do', or, hey guys, say something to show me I shouldn't be worried.  But if I really wanted to tell GW something, I'd email them, or shoot them a message on the relevant FB page.

I think what we need is a separate sub-forum for complaining. If GW staff are indeed trawling the internet and tallying up complaints to inform their model design range, then the least we can do is put them all in one place. We could also move threads that reach a critical mass of complaints, so that these complaint scouts can find those easily and add the complaints to their list.

I'm only half joking, but if there was a complaint sub-forum, then no one in their right mind would visit it. Something to bear in mind when thinking about posting an 'interesting' take on the state of High Aelves, Freeguild, Slaanesh, Moonclan, Spiderfang, Wood Aelves, Death Rattle, Souldblight, Night Haunt, Ogors, Grots, Greenskins, Pestelens, Seraphon, Brayherd, Skre, Moulder, Warherds, Thunderscorn or any of the other armies that I've forgotten that haven't had releases.

As ever and as is often stated on this forum, there is nothing intrinsically wrong with complaining, but at least try and make it a little interesting, or use your dissatisfaction to drive you towards a positive outcome: I couldn't win with my Death Army and it had no new models, so I made a Death themed Fire Slayer army, as they had hordes, Deathless minion saves and Magmadroths that could be converted to look like Zombie Dragons...

In unrelated news, I'm now off to buy a Fire Slayer Start Collecting box and a skull pack ;)

14 hours ago, MechaBriZilla said:

No, this needs to die here before it starts taking root. 

Pointing out that people are reaching a point of toxicity and them whining starts getting  on peoples nerves and gets beyond tiresome is not "whining about whining". It's saying: please, stop you're going overboard at this point.

I am honestly tired of this line of thought because it's basically shaming the blame and ignoring the core point of the s tatement that is basically people pointing out that X is starting to get too heated up and annoyed and he ought to be taking a time off and relax since he's letting the hobby of plastic soldiers get too personal and absorving. Dakkadakka has already taken this line of thought as almost mantra and god help us if it happens here

Archived