Help Competetive Khorne Demons

MrBrownstone

Hi,

Im thinking about a 1500 points competetive list for blades of khorne. The heart of the list should be murderhost battalion, since im focused on deamons and want to deploy the army in as few drops as possible.  Heres my base lsit:

Heroes:

- Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster  (330)

General

- Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne (80)

- Bloodsecrator    (120)

- Bloodstoker (80)

Battleline

- 30 x Bloodleteters (270)

- 10 x Bloodletters   (110)

Troops

- 3 x Bloodcrushers (160)

- 3 x Bloodcrusher  (160)

Battalions

- Murderhost   (120)

That would put me at 1430 point. I know that a Bloodsecrators buff is pretty good, but since all the demons would rush forward, they would be out of his skull portal reach from the first turn on. So I'm not sure about his effectiveness in this list. Maybe just from turn 2 on.

The bloodstoker is pretty essential, because of his distance buff, helping me to crush in with the bloodletters in turn 1, also rerolling wounds. 

In total, that list would deploy in 4 drops. Do you have any ideas how i could minimize it further? Also, do you know the typical drop numbers to deploy other armies?

Cheers

Hi Killax and thanks for the reply!

You are probably right, the buff of the secrator is just too good. Also the stoker, which puts the drop number up by 2. I just thought of minimizing it, because in my last game against tomb kings, my opponent deployed faster and was able to get the first move. He buffed his chariots and crushed my bloodletters, before i could buff them or do anything. There where about 10 letters left from a 30 man unit. So i thought i could get rid of this problem by getting the first turn. But I also definetly got to try a better deployment;)

About the bloodcrushers... I'm not sure what you mean with "barring the bloodcrushers". Do you think, putting them in  one big unit is better in this case?  Because since they're in the murderhost they dont increase the drop number. And with 2 units you can maximize the effect of their charge ability by charging with one :)  unit and retreating in the next turn, charging with the second one:);)  And the models look really cool;)

51 minutes ago, MrBrownstone said:

Hi Killax and thanks for the reply!

About the bloodcrushers... I'm not sure what you mean with "barring the bloodcrushers". Do you think, putting them in  one big unit is better in this case?  Because since they're in the murderhost they dont increase the drop number. And with 2 units you can maximize the effect of their charge ability by charging with one :)  unit and retreating in the next turn, charging with the second one:);)  And the models look really cool;)

No worries, what I mend by the Bloodcrushers is that they arn't good units for 160 points. Ideally more Bloodletters and Fleshhounds are taken over them. 

I do agree that the models look cool but they arn't "competitively costed".

Bloodcrushers are meh! Flesh hounds are great and can really do a job when buffed.

Suggestion; drop 1 x unit of Bloodcrushers and bump up the 10 man letters to 30. Drop the second bloodcrusher unit and take 5 x flesh hounds. Leaving you with 120 points for another unit of 5 flesh hounds or a slaughter priest with killing frenzy for buffing the letters.

Hi,

sadly they made the crushers so weak. I thought 2 units and alternating charging and retreating them would make the most out of the deadly wound roll won charging. 

By now i ordered some flesh hounds, but the models from puppets war (don't like the gw ones;) ) and looking forward to test them in battle.

Using Fleshhounds is a great solution. Keep in mind though those 160 points of Bloodcrushers can be easily used to upgrade the 10 Bloodletters to 30 and quite frankly Bloodletters are the best unit from the Khorne Daemon faction range. 

Archived