Hi from deep, dark Essex...

Garth1

Not too sure what to say really, I have never played the old Warhammer Fantasy or the new AOS however, I used to be an avid hoarder of miniatures way back when. I soon discovered however that girls didn't think it was as cool as I thought it was so the toy soldiers were hidden away. Now I am married with kids and wanted to get back into the hobby. Any advise on where to go or who to speak to would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Gareth

Welcome to the TGA community!

Best advice i can give anyone, is check out all the models on the GW website and pick several factions that you love the models from. Then take a look at the warscrolls and ask questions in the forums here about those factions and how they play. From my own experience, I spend 90% of my hobby time building and painting, if I didn't love the models I would quickly find myself procrastinating. 

To find players and clubs in your area, check out the following post, here

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Gareth, I am also Essex based and looking to get back in to the hobby. I've been checking out the local stores and looking for a club in the area. There seem to be a few dotted about and GW stores have games on various days. Be good to hear from you if you find somewhere for a game. I'll let you know how I get on as well

Cheers

Rich

Archived