Whose Playing & Where in Melbourne?

tjgreenway

We've got posts for Sydney, Canberra and Brissy now, so I thought it was about time we got Melbourne folks together so we can see where everyone's playing, what's going on etc. :D 

So, I'm new to the scene, based in Pakenham, so south east suburbs but happy to travel and keen to start meeting people as I get my forces assembled and painted up. Starting to paint up the starter box now, intending to build up a mostly Stormcast and Seraphon celestial force with whatever looks cool allied in when I feel like it, loving the new fluff for the Seraphon from what I've read so far :) I had been hoping to have a bit more done by now but moving house has got in the way,  will finally be in the new place Thursday though, so picking up some painting supplies on Monday so that I can get cracking on the Stormcast (finally decided on a Lions of Sigmar paint scheme :D ).

Anyway, as far as what's going on around the city, I know there's the Melbourne FB page but I figured there might be a few people dotted around not on FB, and I've spotted that a few stores have got some Sunday sessions (Games by the Beach comes to mind on the first Sunday of the month), but I don't know much in the way of details. Not very helpful, I know, sorry! :P But yeah, if anybody knows of anything going down or is after a game, shout out in here :) 

We are playing a few games out a the House of War in Ringwood (http://houseofwar.com.au/). The idea is to do it every couple of weeks and the next meet is afternoon/evening 9th July. An invite is going up on the AoS: Melbourne FB group too. You'd be more than welcome.

Last time we had my Nurgle Slaves to Darkness/Rotbringers, a Death army, an Orruk/Ogor horde and a Stormcast/Ironweld arsenal force. This weekend we are expecting all that and some Wanders/Sylvaneth, more Rotbringers and maybe some Skaven. 

I'll post more details once they have solidified on the FB group.

Would love to make it, but unfortunately I work in hospitality so Saturdays really suck for me unless I plan well ahead :( That said, as I get some more stuff painted and game ready , I will start to book off a few dates here and there so I can get some more hobby time in - I don't think I've ever booked off a weekend at my current workplace except for my wedding, so I think I'm due the occasional Saturday or Sunday! :D

• 1 month later...

I'm not all that far from pakenham and starting to put an army together myself. Just bought the new general hand book and going to start putting a death alliance army together. I will be keen to maybe start a campaign to slowly build army up and/or get a few games in.

with you in hospitality maybe we can organise during the week day times which is best for me.

chees

Awesome, sounds good to me :D I can guarantee being available every Monday, other days vary. The problem with Mondays is a lot of places aren't open - I know House of War in Ringwood is, but that's probably a bit of a trek for you. I'm more than happy to host, just don't have a great set up yet, been playing at home on the kitchen table so far, which isn't very visually appealing (and I don't think the wife'd be too happy if I flocked it :P). I will have an awesome 6x4 two sided table in a couple of months or so, getting one made up for me, but work's only starting on it next week. 

As far as Gippsland goes, I know there's a few people playing out of Hobby Bastion in Warragul, you can find them on Facebook, seems like a friendly bunch and the owner seems keen on AoS. They only open Wednesday to Sunday, so unfortunately because of work I've still not managed to get down and throw any dice yet, hopefully soon! Really hoping in a couple of weeks I'll start getting either a Wednesday or Thursday off every week, so will be heading down more once that starts happening :) 

• 4 months later...
On 19/12/2016 at 4:44 PM, SamMorgan said:

Hi guys

I'm in Hawthorn and keen on playing all of the AoS next year. Looking for games at Mortis, Hampton Games Club or Ringwood - any communities out there?

Cheers :ph34r:

If you're on Facebook, join the Melbourne AoS page - there's regular meets organised on there at HoW Ringwood on Saturdays (every second Sat, I think?). I've had a pretty screwy year for trying to get hobby time in, but I'm no longer working in hospitality (so six months after starting this thread, I'll be able to get some actual games in, yey!) so once Christmas is out of the way I'll be looking to get some regular games in at last too :D

Archived