Events UK: Realms at War 3 - Aethermy 5 SPACES AVAILABLE

Mitzy

20 hours ago, Mitzy said:

I understand that flights to the UK in October are pretty good value if you book months in advance ;) 

I'll also take the compliment (I've been carrying @Thornshield @Devilreefman and @Jimbo for years) ?

@Ben got me with that line last year, don't know if I can do it twice.... especially since I just dropped cash on Adepticon hotel.

Nice try though

• 1 month later...

It was done the Warmachine was built. The great tarnished brass cannon jutted over its prow. A weapon which could vomit forth the pure energy of the Orruks to smash their foes. A pained  whisper breathed out, 

“Please let me, die”

“Hur, Hur no chance Artur” chuckled Olrog, “you get in my business you get the fangs Oomie, ‘sides turns out you’re mite more use to me alive than ded” 

The captured mage fell silent. Crucified to the machine he slumped into a defeated unconsciousness. Somehow he was a conductor of Waaagh energy. His body was like some lightning rod for the energy, drawing it into himself allowing it to be concentrated and used by one with the skill. 

It wasn’t complete though. Even with the vast energies provided by the WAAAGH and a pair of boys on the pump it couldn’t fly and fire the cannon. This simply wouldn’t do having the machine crash into the ground every time of fired would he both unsatisfactory and ultimately fatal. Gathering his command cadre Olrog put them to the task of solving this dilemma. 

“Why not just ram stuff?” provided the ever direct Bolg. This statement of direct brutality from the Megaboss earned nods and grunts of agreement from the assembled bosses.  

“Cos it’s really hard ramming flying stuff” said Olrog’ “‘sides you saw what those big shooty rats did to the lads, the Wagon would get well smacked up by that sort of fing before it even got close”

“Aefermey” muttered the Shaman Gaztrukk. 

“Wot!” Snorted Olrog 

“Aefermey Boss. The Chief Ded Un Nagash has let off a big Wierd bomb there’s majik and stuff just lying around all over the place.”

“Hold on!” Interrupted Blog “Int Nagash the Ded Un wot owes you money Boss?” 

“Yer you’re right Bolg but that’s gotta wait, Gaztrukk tell me more about these pools of majik.”

“Well Boss it’s like I sed, there’s pools of if and if you mix it wi more majik stuff it’s ded powerful. There’s a bit of problem though” 

“Wot sort of problem” snarled the Warboss. 

“Weeelllllll’ Gaztrukk said as he pulled an item out from under his robes. 

“Wots that, some sort of lazy Squig?”

“Nar it’s Quizbob, one of my trainees, or rather it woz eez a tater now”

“A tater?” 

“Yeah it’s an edible root tuber, Oomies love em”

“I know what a Tater is Gaztrukk, why is Quizbob wun?”

“It’s the Aefermey Boss, that’s wot I’m sayin, it’s dangerous. Get it right an it’s well powerful, get wrong then poof, tater”

“How’s that gonna help then if the Wagon crew keeps getting turned into taters?” 

“Well Boss I’ve gotta plan see, if you let me ave one of the Troggoths, one of the less stoopid ones. I’ll show im ow to chuck majik stuff together and rite down wot he uses an if it goes wrong he’ll grow back” 

“Nice” grinned Olrog “is there somewhere where there’s more of this Aefermey stuff?”

“Yes Boss I know where there’s loads”

“Well done Gaztrukk, we’ll get the boys over there and get some, an where there’s majik there’s gonna be Panzeez likely we can ave a bit of fun while we’re at it. You can ave Mag Wort he’s ded clever for a Troggoth he doesn’t eat rocks or nothin”

• Like 4

Hey Guys & Gals hope that everyone is OK and excited to be heading to Cambridge in October? Hopefully you are all underway with your Aethermist and Aetherlab? If not why not... 

Anyway as you may have seen on Twitter Jimbo, Ming, Steve and Myself held a weekend of gaming to test out the cool rules and battleplans we have in store for you all. The weekend was also for us to enrich the narrative of the weekend and get to a suitable point for you all to follow on the story and forge your own narrative adventures.

Therefore without further ado here is the story so far...

e5bbb7f5-e952-430c-b398-7f77be1fd5f9.JPG

• Like 3

On 8/31/2018 at 5:14 PM, Mitzy said:

Hey Guys & Gals hope that everyone is OK and excited to be heading to Cambridge in October? Hopefully you are all underway with your Aethermist and Aetherlab? If not why not... 

Anyway as you may have seen on Twitter Jimbo, Ming, Steve and Myself held a weekend of gaming to test out the cool rules and battleplans we have in store for you all. The weekend was also for us to enrich the narrative of the weekend and get to a suitable point for you all to follow on the story and forge your own narrative adventures.

Therefore without further ado here is the story so far...

e5bbb7f5-e952-430c-b398-7f77be1fd5f9.JPG

I am extremely excited for this. One question for narrative-creating purposes:

How do we find out which guild our armies will belong to? Will they be assigned, or shall we pick one (I assume the latter would cause issues if more chose one side than the other).

Or should we assume that any background we write does not include the joining of a guild?

On 9/6/2018 at 3:50 PM, DionTheWanderer said:

I am extremely excited for this. One question for narrative-creating purposes:

How do we find out which guild our armies will belong to? Will they be assigned, or shall we pick one (I assume the latter would cause issues if more chose one side than the other).

Or should we assume that any background we write does not include the joining of a guild?

You will be assigned a guild on the first day so no picking I’m afraid!

jimbo

• Like 2

On 7/21/2018 at 10:12 PM, Korvak said:

Is there still a space available for this event? Can't pay for the ticket til Tuesday, but definitely interested!

Due to a number of recent drop outs we now have FOUR places available. if you are interested in joining the RAWtrain please make contact there is still plenty of time to get involved and build an aetherlab...

12 minutes ago, Aos Glenn said:

Hey, I'd love to jump aboard that train! It'd be my first RAW but I'll take one of those spots if they're still available.

Glenn thanks for getting in touch, the place is yours pending payment as per the pack, welcome aboard!

Mitzy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2018 at 7:10 PM, DionTheWanderer said:

So, what’s the best way to share background and pre-tournament narrative for the armies?

I’ve just about put mine together, and would love to see some of the others out there. 

Send it to the info@realmsatwar.com or post it here and we’ll pick it up.

We’ve tweeted a lot of images of  posters about people’s lore so check out #RAW18 and #RoadtoRAW on twitter

jimbo

Edited by Jimbo
Added extra info
  • Thanks 1

So RAW18 has been and gone,  what an amazing event!  Some feedback/review for those who couldn't attend or are looking at attending a future RAW

Venue-  New location was better than the last, IMO, closer to the hotel more space between tables, areas for food and chilling out.  Additional screens/displays to see what was happening.  Plenty of things nearby for food/drink

Timings - Round timings were spot on this year, had 6 Great games, no need to rush, and could ingest the battleplans/rules beforehand.

Food - Both Days food was good, tbh a whole pizza day 2 was too much for me!  Fruit/snacks was massively appreciated, tea urn as well, we were well taken care of. 

You guys had some timing issues, but those were out of your control, not sure what else you could do to change that.

Battleplans and Aethermy.  Loved the brewing mechanic, was a great addition to this years event.  Battleplans worked really well, the best set of the 3 RAW's I have attended.  Nightime activity was timed perfectly to not go on too late, but keep players together at the venue

Hobby - Simply Amazing, the level this year was well beyond any of the previous years.  The decisions that the NEO's had to make was so difficult, don't know how you managed it!

Some small ideas/improvements.  Think the guild phase/ leader really needed a neo/appointed person to guide.  It can be difficult to find an organisers when players are left to do it themselves.

• Like 1

Just wanted to add my thanks to the organisers for an absolutely stunning event. I can't begin to imagine the hard work that went into developing and testing the mechanic - let alone all of the logistics and other concerns. And the level of hobby was mindblowing. Consider me inspired.

One and only suggestion for next year: name badges? I found it quite hard to keep up, particularly what with trying to learn Aethermy and after a few beers...

• Like 1

Thanks chaps. Great feedback and if anyone else has anymore, we would very much like to hear it (positive and negative). We always aim to improve RAW year on year and the best way to do that is for you to tell us what did or didn’t work!

cheers

jimbo

Another great event. The Aethermyst/Aetherlab brief fired up everyone’s creative juices in an epic manner. I really enjoyed this year’s build up with the Propaganda posters being an excellent addition.  The Aethermy deck and mechanic was hilarious fun and the chunderdome had everyone doing their best Poker Stars impression. 

The Guildphase might have been better served with a GM/NPC as the Guildmaster to guide it. General Jainus could have stirred the pot right up.  The food choices were excellent though I hope the chippie got a thrashing for not sending any salt and vinegar. 

I’m already plotting in anticipation of an event next year. 

Olrog Lives! 

Edited by Ollie Grimwood
  • Like 1