New Aelves

I guess Aelves will be Eldar alike - they are good because anti-chaos, anti-death(Necron, Tyranids) but all about their agenda, they could be cruel and evil but when push will come to shove they will be fighting against Chaos. 

Also Morathi is clearly anti Slaasnesh and angry at everybody as she thinks she belong among gods, also she clearly thinks about herself as successor to Khaine. She won't bow to Nagash or Chaos. Also she is cool with Malerion and Malerion is 100% Order even more so after ET and he is somehow friends with Tyrion and Teclis. 

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Khaine was a chaos god, as she believes she is the successor to the throne, it’s a possibility she could be Chaos. The chaos gods distrust the horned rat anyway, so this could even mean that skaven move over to destruction. 

Im just speculating of course, as I see it Morathi would fit into any of the grand alliances. Time will tell. 

8 minutes ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

Khaine was a chaos god, as she believes she is the successor to the throne, it’s a possibility she could be Chaos. The chaos gods distrust the horned rat anyway, so this could even mean that skaven move over to destruction. 

Im just speculating of course, as I see it Morathi would fit into any of the grand alliances. Time will tell. 

Khaine wasn't a Chaos god - he was part of the Elvish pantheon. 

(Well, yeah, all gods are ultimately Chaos gods because they are made of magics and have a presence in the Warp, but you see what I mean. Chaos gods "proper" are the 4 Dark brothers, the Great Horned Rat, Hashut, etc.)

Aelf Mandala.jpg

Making fractions that are in both Order and smt is Super idea, by GW. Great way to start a new army, so you have Dark Elves and you like Stormcast, sure they follow they true King, what you like skeletons well there is an Lady option for you, you like both well.... And so on. More of that PLS

My guess is that while Morathi is part of Order, she was looked down upon by the gods of Sigmar's pantheon. Which is hardly surprising when we know Morathi and what she did in the World-that-was. The gods (especially Tyrion, Teclis, Alarielle and Malerion) may have never truly accepted her as part of the pantheon.

Now Morathi could be seeing a opportunity. Perhaps she has glimpsed some super important secret the same way Elias (the monk from the videos) was spying on the heralds. A secret which could prove crucial in the upcoming war against Nagash. And now she would wants to join the war with her children and use her trump card to win the day. Not only she would prove that she actually deserve a seat in the Order pantheon, but most importantly Sigmar (and possibly the other gods) would be indebted to her (and I believe it's NEVER a good thing to be indebted to Morathi). And that would explain why she has unleashed her children upon Elias: she doesn't want someone else to find the same secret she has discovered.

Long story short, I guess Morathi is part of Order but is considered a pariah by the others gods and now she wants to take the upper hand.

Morathi was totally down with Slaanesh (phrasing) until the 7th ed retcon of the cult of Slaanesh. She even had her own Cult of Slaanesh army list which allowed you to take Dark Elves and Slaanesh in the same army. That's definitely Khaine's rune in the trailer as well, so we can reasonably conclude this is going to be using the Daughters of Khaine kits somehow.

From the video, I can see daughters of Khaine and sisters of slaughter fighting Slaaneshi daemons, but there also appear to be serpent bodied figures other than Morathi and female aelves carrying spears and shields. The snake body is a very Slaaneshi theme dating back to Realms of Chaos so I'm keen to see how this fits in. Also really like the Helenic theme linking in with the Bloodwrack Medusa's origins in the gorgon myth.

Aelves are not dead and therefore have no place in death. They could be destruction or some new hand of chaos. Its possible they are referring to having killed Slaanesh, and Morathi takes the mantle as a new chaos god.

Most likely its going to be a small tome for Daughters of Khaine with no new models, something similar to the Clan Pestelins book. There is a small hope for new models due to the Tenebrael Shard/Mistweaver Saih from the Silver Tower. Most likely it will just be another order battletome. 

Anybody else spot this? What looks like the alter girls reviving offerings seen earlier on in the vase painting transforming into harpies:

3OepqKE.jpg?1

jTFm0J6.jpg

WFB elf background's always been my weakest suit, but did harpies ever have much to do with Khaine or transformed elves? I know Bloodwrack Medusas were supposed to be sorceresses who'd got on whatever the new 8th ed goddess of pleasure was called's bad side and been slapped with a curse for being prettier than her, but as far as I can remember harpies were just particularly mangy things that lived in the mountains and spires of Naggaroth that the Dark Elves didn't mind sharing with Chaos armies. Could be a neat indicator of a new unit, or at least whatever this new/old aelf faction is being allowed to use harpies (or even having the Chaos keyword as that's what harpies have got now ;)).

4 hours ago, BURF1 said:

They'd have to flip the entire daughters of Khaine faction over to death...unless...what they could do is do like Ynnari in 40k, if you take GIANT SNAKE MORATHI, you're death, but if you take humanoid morathi, you're order.

Yeah, I doubt they'd flip the whole faction, and it looks clear from the video they're going to be bolting her into Daughters of Khaine (witch elves, bloodwrack medusas)....  Especially as that faction has been included in a allies box for order armies and firestorm cities.   

Course, on the other hand, Khaine is a god of death.  I suppose nothing says you could have keyword order and keyword death...  Don't think it would depend on who your leader is, since there's other heroes who could be the general in the faction too (or outside matched play any unit could be general, right?). 

1 hour ago, WoollyMammoth said:

Most likely its going to be a small tome for Daughters of Khaine with no new models, something similar to the Clan Pestelins book.

I dont think they would do another release like the clans pestilens firstly because of the hype they are creating and secondly because we've seen lots of rumour engine tentacles that could be aelf models. It would be so disappointing if there were no new models.

Also personally I hope it is a non Nagash Death faction just cos that'd be ace

30 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

I dont think they would do another release like the clans pestilens firstly because of the hype they are creating and secondly because we've seen lots of rumour engine tentacles that could be aelf models. It would be so disappointing if there were no new models.

Yeah my gut feel is that at the time they got a bit of flack for 'no model release' factions like Pestilens, Flesh-Eater Courts, Bonesplitterz and Beastclaw Raiders. 

On the one hand, I definitely agree that it's disappointing to not see new models. A lot of factions really need a few new units/heroes to really add the depth they need to be fleshed out.

On the other hand, I would've killed for a battletome of any kind to fill the gap between Kharadron Overlords and Maggotkin last year. There is a lot of depth in some of the factions that got allegiance abilities in GHB2017. Wanderers IMO is a perfect example of a faction that's basically ready for a battletome. Plenty of heroes, plenty of units, and a sound identity.

So I think it's a balancing act. But I do get the feeling that most releases from now on (perhaps excluding Legions of Nagash) will come with models. Especially after the drought we had post-April last year. 

Although the video alluded to Morathi being a continuation of Khaine, they have spiced it with Slaanesh as well. The end of the video using the cry "no longer will I be denied!"

The video quote of "I who feed on offerings of blood and shadow..."

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/23/rumour-engine-23rd-january-2018/ 

First line being "This week’s Rumour Engine should satisfy your thirst for new reveal – or make it worse…"

This is definitely a combo of khaine and slaanesh influence into something new.

Quite probable the model range will use the daughters of khaine existing range, but I think it will be expanded in a new direction.

I don't want to be that guy, but I think Khaine is not the elven god of death (just violence, blood, murder, etc...the rage boy, basically) and that Morai-Heg fits much more that role..

Also, if Morathi is going full Khaine, I'd like to see how does GW dissociates her from Slaanesh, more so considering that Khaine was supposedly killed and his influenced removed during the ET, and if anything Tyrion/Teclis would seem more appropriate for that role considering their association to the god (the Curse). But let's see (DoK mini line being recent and fully available could probably play a role in that too, obviously). 

I guess I don't see these as new Aelves. I think this is a Daughters of Khaine update. We'll surely see new models, and the Daughters should get a good rules update and will be taken in a new direction fluff wise... But I suspect this isn't a true new faction (KO style) like some were expecting.

Archived