New Aelves

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Turgol said:

The one piece of information we have is that they prey on souls. I bet that is the source of dissapointment: need to be fed souls.

Good spot ! That's probably their default, they are predators (JAWS :P ).

They are obviously this 4th factions stealing souls from Nagash  in the Legions Of Nagash fluff (after the Chaos Gods, the Aelven Gods and Sigmar), responsible for the disparition of "whole marchant fleet" --> sea reference ! :D 

Idoneth Deepkin_Souls stealer.png

2 hours ago, Turgol said:

The one piece of information we have is that they prey on souls. I bet that is the source of dissapointment: need to be fed souls.

Wait, what? Do you have a quote for that? I thought I'd read everything that was out there, but I missed anything about feeding on souls. 

My initial reaction is that "preying on souls", "stealing souls", etc... can be a figure of speech for just killing people, taking their lives. or even just abducting them, and not necessarily refer to the literal consumption of a being's eternal metaphysical essence. I'm very curious about the full context because that could very well be just a colorful turn of phrase.

From what I read, the Idoneth were reported to have raided some villages or something like that, and that it was suspected that they might be responsible for this greater trend of missing people that had been going around. What I saw didn't even say what was happening to the victims, if they were taken dead or alive, souls intact or otherwise, just that the people were taken or were missing.

That said, I think feeding on souls is pretty bad ass, so I certainly won't be upset if they do actually do that. 

The information comes from a small teaser in LoN. The actual wording there is: "It was not long before further acts of theft caught the Great Necromancer's attention. Across the Moral Realms, trickles of spirit matter vanished into nothing, as if broken apart upon the wind. Something was preying upon mortal-kind, soul and flesh, whisking them away to an unknown realm. Great fleets of merchant ships or entire townships would disappear overnight. Not a fragment of their spiritual essence remained. All that could be found, were a few soulless bodies, left inert and comatose, unable to wake. This was no sudden surge in absent spirit matter, but a slow and steady dissipation. Even to Nagash it was subtle and barely noticeable, and that disturbed the Great Necromance most of all. Arkhan the Black and his Legion of Sacrament were dispatched to discover the truth of these disappearance, but they found no sign of those responsible."

Now, nothing in LoN speaks directly about the Idoneth, so what was referred by that small text was not clear until this week. You can see the Idoneth teaser that was made by the AoS official facebook page "The Ido-what??". The text of the teaser says literally "Just who or what is stealing souls?". For me this is confirmation that both texts refer to the Idoneth.  

4 hours ago, Turgol said:

Yeah I think this is the case, Since the elves morathi created require blood sacrifices to be made I imagine Teclis would want the race to be self-sustaining instead of parasitic. 

32 minutes ago, Turgol said:

Atleantean Soul Vampire Elves. That is a good description of all that is "confirmed" of the Idoneth. Cool concept indeed! 

Let's prey to the Old Ones of whom the greatest is slumbering in R'lyeh, that the Deepkin is really a race of Soulsucking, pointy ears with a foible for the old greek look. 

3 hours ago, Turgol said:

Atleantean Soul Vampire Elves. That is a good description of all that is "confirmed" of the Idoneth. Cool concept indeed! 

Perhaps we should be thinking of sirens or undines,  that would connect the elements of Greek myth, soul-stealing and the sea.

Honestly all we have is "sea-people-elves that eat souls." There are so many ways GW could take that creatively that its impossible to guess. They could take a very low-beast approach and have them as just sea faring people types or they can go full bestial with half-fish-warriors and sea beasts and the like. 

Personally I'd prefer the latter and would think it would fit into the AOS themes and styles better; whilst in fantasy of old the former would have been more my expectation. 

14 hours ago, Aranthir said:

I think will be passing on Sea Aevles - waiting for Angelic Elves.

We likely won't be seeing them for quite some time. I hope there will be more information/teasers about them in the new battle tome, maybe even some art work?

1 minute ago, Bloodmaster said:

Please no. Not as an elven faction. Let those be part of destruction, so that that ga gets an big more flavor and diversity

yea I agree. A fishman faction like that would be a good opposite to the sea elves, and probably the main antagonist or something. though I dunnow how your going to top soul drinking aelflantis

Speaking of diversity and destruction - it would be great if we could poach some of the FW monsters! It's woefully unfair that FW doesn't produce anywhere near like as much for Sigmar (nor fantasy) as they do for 40K; and at the same time what little is produced is nearly all big monsters all held by the destruction group. 

This beasty

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-FI/Merwyrm

should at least change sides to the new sea elf army! 

Archived