Warscroll Designer (BETA)

Really love this, and plan to use extensively in the future - until they release actual rules cards.

Have a suggestion though: Perhaps allow users to add custom keywords - as is, not all keywords are on the list and thus can't be added (f.e. Stormcast Eternal, Liberators etc)

Also, I'm having problems actually exporting the warscrolls so I can print them. When attempting to save as PDF or JPEG it just loads eternally. 

• Like 1

Actually, custom keywords look to have been implemented a while ago according to his changelog. It seems they're persisted locally, just not up to a central database at the moment.

The one thing I was going to suggest is maybe figuring out if there's a nice spot to put unit points. It is easy (and nice enough) to just stick it in the warscroll title though so it's a really trivial thing.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Zen said:

Really love this, and plan to use extensively in the future - until they release actual rules cards.

Have a suggestion though: Perhaps allow users to add custom keywords - as is, not all keywords are on the list and thus can't be added (f.e. Stormcast Eternal, Liberators etc)

4 hours ago, someone2040 said:

Actually, custom keywords look to have been implemented a while ago according to his changelog. It seems they're persisted locally, just not up to a central database at the moment.

Custom keywords need a bit of TLC.  Basically you have to type what you want and then hit enter without hovering over anything else.  It's a bit poor but does as a stop gap.  Currently it's only got Chaos keywords added, I ought to try and get some of the others popped in at some point :)

20 hours ago, Zen said:

Also, I'm having problems actually exporting the warscrolls so I can print them. When attempting to save as PDF or JPEG it just loads eternally. 

What web browser are you running on and I'll have a look.  I've found JPG is the easiest as you can then drop them in to a document and format them however works for you.

4 hours ago, someone2040 said:

The one thing I was going to suggest is maybe figuring out if there's a nice spot to put unit points. It is easy (and nice enough) to just stick it in the warscroll title though so it's a really trivial thing.

I had contemplated points and I was waiting until somebody asked for it before adding anything in! It certainly wouldn't be too tricky too add something in a corner if we went for a simple "enter the points cost" concept.

15 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

What web browser are you running on and I'll have a look.  I've found JPG is the easiest as you can then drop them in to a document and format them however works for you.

I'm using Chrome Version 45.0.2454.93 m 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Happy to announce that I've now added in a Behemoth wounds table :D  Simply tick the box and fill the items out and it should add in a table at the appropriate point.  Let me know about the style of the table too, I'm not necessarily convinced it's right but it's a starting point.  Equally I've not thoroughly tested it on all browsers :P 

On 26/08/2016 at 10:59 AM, brbrbrbrbr said:

(Juste ignore the fact that it's zelda)

I did have a look into this and couldn't find any real reason.  Potentially it could be a erroneous character - if you log into the site with Google and save it to the database I can have a look at this a bit more accurately.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

So it's been almost a month since I did any work on on WSD and although far from finished, pretty much all of the component parts work and allow the creation of a printable warscroll (the purpose of the tool).  There are 60 registered Google users and over 260 Warscrolls saved to the database!

On my personal list of things I want to improve:

• GUI Layout - needs a complete overhaul and to try and simplify the form (don't show sections if a warscroll doesn't have them), this includes a better way of loading/saving warscrolls
  • Warscroll Layout - allowing the option to force a column to wrap over rather than rely on the slightly flaky automatic wrapping
  • Shareable Warscrolls - I still would like to be able to share warscrolls between the community
  • Grand Alliance Selection - prepopulated with the necessary keywords
  • Better language handling - there are a couple of users who have a non standard character sets (such as Russian)

But is there anything I've missed that the community would like?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

Hey man. Been trying to use this to make some End Times warscrolls. But I've been having some issues with saving the JPG files. I press the button, a giant warscroll appears for a few seconds before disapearing. Same with the PDF, except the download actually happens.

What setup are you using (browser and operating system) using and I'll do some testing :) 

On 12/10/2016 at 8:13 AM, Darth Alec said:

W10, newest Firefox, Adblock plus. Appreciate the work man.

That should be sorted now.  Appears FF wasn't liking how I was trying to force the jpg to download!  I've not been able to try it with adblock plus though so let me know if it still doesn't work

N

12 minutes ago, Darth Alec said:

It works! Better troubleshooting than most professional companies.

Lol, thanks :)

12 minutes ago, Darth Alec said:

Do you mind if I use this to create my End Times warscrolls? I'll credit you, obviously. Spares me the effort of photoshopping them all.

Not a problem in the slightest!

I've just changed the card background colour to white as this was a pain when printing them out (it was a slight off-white colour).  I'll ultimately make this editable though

On 13.10.2016 at 2:35 PM, RuneBrush said:

N

Lol, thanks :)

Not a problem in the slightest!

I've just changed the card background colour to white as this was a pain when printing them out (it was a slight off-white colour).  I'll ultimately make this editable though

Sorry to be a bother, but I had some slight formatting issues....

dieter-helsnicht.jpg

Image is fine on the website. Both the jpg and PDF look like this. Turning the monster table on or off had no effect.

Edit: Tested with a different warscroll that worked 3 days ago. It's broken now as well. It looks similarly, though breaks down in the bottom of the second column.

Tried again this morning. It now displays properly. However, the Behemoth table is bugged. When opening a file from local storage, the Behemoth table doesn't show up. The data is saved, the table just doesn't appear. If you try to re-open the table, it will display a table with 8 rows (4 of them filled with the existant data). And it won't show up until you fill the "new" rows. Filling these and deleting the data works though.

And you should add a small buffer between the behemoth table and the text. It its the tops of letters.

Your website is great, so I hope I'm not bothering your with this stuff!

On 16/10/2016 at 9:41 AM, Darth Alec said:

Tried again this morning. It now displays properly. However, the Behemoth table is bugged. When opening a file from local storage, the Behemoth table doesn't show up. The data is saved, the table just doesn't appear. If you try to re-open the table, it will display a table with 8 rows (4 of them filled with the existant data). And it won't show up until you fill the "new" rows. Filling these and deleting the data works though.

And you should add a small buffer between the behemoth table and the text. It its the tops of letters.

Your website is great, so I hope I'm not bothering your with this stuff!

Behemoth loading should now be fixed an there should also be a bit of a gap between the table and text.  I can't replicate the text going wibbly, but if the gap nudge doesn't resolve it, I think I know what could.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

Behomoth works! But the text wobbling is back. I figured I'd do some basic troubleshooting. It only happened with text in the fourth ability box. Deleting that text makes it not happen. Hope it helps!

Indeed it will!  Good bit of debugging, I'll replicate and try and work out what's going on :) 

• Like 1

On 7.11.2016 at 0:07 AM, jamierk said:

Would anyone be interested in finding a friendly place to 'share' these cards? I'm sick of flicking through my books that don't stay open or playing on my phone during games.

Yes - very much so. Would it be possible to share them in the downloadables section of this site somehow?

It might not be entirely legal though? I'm not sure.