Only the swift: Stormcast Vanguard

Ademo

Hi all! Recently started playing and painting a stormcast vanguard chamber force. I really enjoy the look and feel of the newer models! 

So far I have the following1k force built:

Lord-Aquilor

Knight-Venator

2x5 Hunters

3x Palladors

3x Lonstrike Raptors

In terms of painting, I'm currently working on gryph chargers and absolutely loving them - making it up a bit as I go along but they are really stretching me and making me try new things. Here's how the one with the most work done to it looks:20180119_232812.jpg.6901168e8e1de53292c2027dd4e2d2ef.jpg

Looking forward to getting this one finished - the other 2 and Aquilor shouldn't be too far behind ?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Cheers guys! Managed to get a 1k game in against some seraphon this week. (1020pts actually!) We played knife to the heart, which I discovered is fairly hard to win a major on with this force. A tanky bastiladon clogged up his objective the whole game - hard guy to shift that one!

Really fun though and scraped a minor with the raptors surviving the charge of a teleporting sunblood and taking down a carnosaur in the last turn. 

I am working through a commission at the moment but will hopefully get some vanguard time soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

Charger is:

Celestra grey all over

nihilakh oxide all over

watered down coelia greenshade all over

drybrush ulthuan grey all over

then skin just glaze with watered down nihilakh and feathers/scales keep adding coelia greenshade.

10 hours ago, Tzaangor Management said:

Haha, oh dear. I'm looking on my phone and thought you'd gone for pale trees and ribbons! 

Well now you say it, I quite like the idea of pale ribbons - As they will be used as 2 units or 3, that could be a cool way to mark them? 

After me receiving some good news, my lovely wife took me to town (Southampton, woo!) and told me to pick something up from GW - not being one to disobey, I obliged ?

With all the models I need at the moment purchased, I decided I'd pick up a box of azyrite ruins. My bloodbowl league gang are just about to start a path to glory - so figured some extra terrain would be handy.

Got to say, I'm impressed with how far it goes - it's a reasonable price too. I picked up a load of textured plastic sheets from a local train shop closing down so they made a nice easy base for them - I always like terrain on bases, helps it seem less plonked and will be made to match the board.20180317_231451.jpg.a25b5b912a8e6d91ce76f80b01ef9acf.jpg

The maker is called 'Wills' - I used a crazy paving pack on some and cobble on some - they are fairly small sheets that need gluing together and aren't seamless - hence I used sand etc to cover up joins.

On 12/03/2018 at 9:07 AM, Ademo said:

15208455110921219694823.jpg.538aaa19247bebb472c072daf9f9aa19.jpg

I was scrolling though the thread and thought this guy's body and wings were a really good greenstuff reccast at first glance, before realising the starter set models now come in gold plastic. That'll teach me for being colourblind! O.o

The force is looking great @Ademo. What do you have in your 2k list? :) 

Archived