1000 point mixed order list

heromaster

Looks like a solid list. Personally I'd consider swapping the Doomfire Warlocks out for 10 more skinks and a 100 point wizard (possibly a Jade Battlemage to heal wounds on the big beasties), as you'll be hard pressed to control objectives with so few models, and will only have to lose both the skink units in your current list to forefit a major victory in Knife to the Heart.

A shield and lance are probably your best armament for the Dragonlord, with Quicksliver Potion and Reckless as a solid command trait/artefact combo to ensure both monsters get the charge and you can fight with both of them before the enemy's able to strike back.

11 minutes ago, MrCharisma said:

How do you want to play with your army?

I could make recommendations but I don’t know what you like and how you play the game. 

FYI- with the battlemage, you don’t need to select the spell until the game. 

Ideally id like the skinks to be objective grabbers while the dragonlord and Phoenix try and remove a key unit per round. The casters would be there to try and buff the aelven heroes.

My main opponent is DoT so my thoughts on the 2 phoenixes was to have 2 big scary monsters that could handle the disgusting mortal wound output coming from all the bolt of changes getting thrown about whenever he just takes a 6 from his fate dice 

1 hour ago, heromaster said:

Ideally id like the skinks to be objective grabbers while the dragonlord and Phoenix try and remove a key unit per round. The casters would be there to try and buff the aelven heroes.

My main opponent is DoT so my thoughts on the 2 phoenixes was to have 2 big scary monsters that could handle the disgusting mortal wound output coming from all the bolt of changes getting thrown about whenever he just takes a 6 from his fate dice 

Im not sure what you mean with your last sentence but if your opponant is using his destiny dice to set how many mortal wounds he gets off a spell he is playing incorrectly.  Below is an extract from the latest FAQ regarding it;

Page 74 – Battle Traits, Masters of Destiny
Change the Damage roll bullet point to:
‘• Damage roll (e.g. any roll that determines a Damage 
characteristic, but not any roll that determines 
the number of mortal wounds inflicted by a spell 
or ability)’

I may have the wrong end of the stick but just in case he had been playing it that way you should now at least add a little random chance into that mw output issue :)

1 hour ago, heromaster said:

The key to a Pheonix is to get that spell caster buff up as much as possible. If you’re going down this route, a double Pheonix is the right choice in my opinion. 

I’d support it with a battlemage (going for the Lifesurge spell) and a Loremaster. 

Stormcast Prosecutors with javalins would be a great supporting unit for the Phoenixes, complementing their speed while putting out some solid damage from far. 

9 minutes ago, Azurious said:

Im not sure what you mean with your last sentence but if your opponant is using his destiny dice to set how many mortal wounds he gets off a spell he is playing incorrectly.  Below is an extract from the latest FAQ regarding it;

Page 74 – Battle Traits, Masters of Destiny
Change the Damage roll bullet point to:
‘• Damage roll (e.g. any roll that determines a Damage 
characteristic, but not any roll that determines 
the number of mortal wounds inflicted by a spell 
or ability)’

I may have the wrong end of the stick but just in case he had been playing it that way you should now at least add a little random chance into that mw output issue :)

Ahhh this is something i was unaware of! I thought just been able to do 6 mortals wounds without any kind of rolling was a little OP. thanks for clearing that up!

6 minutes ago, MrCharisma said:

The key to a Pheonix is to get that spell caster buff up as much as possible. If you’re going down this route, a double Pheonix is the right choice in my opinion. 

I’d support it with a battlemage (going for the Lifesurge spell) and a Loremaster. 

Stormcast Prosecutors with javalins would be a great supporting unit for the Phoenixes, complementing their speed while putting out some solid damage from far. 

Thanks for your help dude its much appreciated!

Archived