Warhammer Quest - Malign Portents?

Gorks Pokin' Finger

Do you think there will be a new warhammer quest box set in relation to Malign Portents this year? GW have said there will be plenty of releases this year, not just in relations to a new army and global campaign.

I would like to believe we will since there is a great opportunity to do so. Shyish has many underworld cities, like Shadespire, so it could happen in one of them. The premise seems to be that Chaos, Destruction, and Order have made an uneasy alliance to stop Nagash and Death from accomplishing their goal, whatever that may be. To do so, they might have to travel to an underworld city (or possibly a black pyramid!?) that holds a secret that could reveal what the Great Necromancer is up to. They fight though the Legions of Nagash, maybe get trapped in a labyrinth, have to fight their way out, or lose their souls

On 1/27/2018 at 4:51 AM, flemingmma said:

Not warhammer quest but there is an age of sigmar rpg in the vein of warhammer fantasy rpg coming out this year

I saw that, as well as a new Warhammer Fantasy RPG. I'm excited for the AOS one though because it will give us a good understanding of how the setting works for the day-to-day people of the realms 

I'd love to see a new WQ set of dungeons based on Death, and I'd love to see it feature regular humans such as a Greatsword hero, fanatic, hand gunner, etc. brave it. Since skeletons are pretty fragile in small numbers, it would give more of a RPG feel of normal adventurers in a supernatural setting.

• 1 month later...

It only seams logical to set a dungeon delve board game in Shyish with lots of Skeletons and Ghosts! I really hope GW are working on this (or have it ready to announce soon) and that they use the opportunity to release some new sculpts for Skeleton Warriors and such. 

I think that would be the way to go. With Malign Portents already well under way, it would seem odd to release something tied to it months after. 

But some kind of Hammerhal-type game exploring the ruins of an old castle would be cool. Even just a set of Death Adversary cards and some new dungeons to explore would be great.

The weirs thing is that we haven't had any buzz for a summer game yet...

16 minutes ago, Sharkbelly said:

I think that would be the way to go. With Malign Portents already well under way, it would seem odd to release something tied to it months after. 

But some kind of Hammerhal-type game exploring the ruins of an old castle would be cool. Even just a set of Death Adversary cards and some new dungeons to explore would be great.

The weirs thing is that we haven't had any buzz for a summer game yet...

There's an adversary card for normal skellies somewhere

13 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

If I'm not mistaken, it's for the Necromancer character to use when he summons them. I'm still kicking myself for not having gotten a pack of those character cards...

Correct!

The Necromancer can summon up to 2 Skeletons to control. Very much like the Warpriest’s Gryph-hound!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/13/2018 at 1:25 PM, MacDuff said:

This is a map of Shyish from whfbnarratives.blogspot (at the bottom of the map), but I'm not sure who runs it.

I think it's the Changeling right? 

The full book has a second Stormcast leader who after getting the stormcast tangled into another battle, turns out was a Tzeentch Daemon the whole time.

4 hours ago, SuperHappyTime said:

I think it's the Changeling right? 

The full book has a second Stormcast leader who after getting the stormcast tangled into another battle, turns out was a Tzeentch Daemon the whole time.

Which book?

Archived