Heat 1 results.

Arkiham

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Yeah, they were allies in a Sylvaneth list, so pretty soon there was scenery everywhere!

I played against Joe with this army in round 3, they only got one round of all 3 heraldors before I made every effort to make them dead. Great sneaky way of doing lots of mortal wounds.

I piled into them on turn 1 with the super unbeatable vanguard wing (tm) but I'd spread them too thin and didn't get the rolls I was hoping for, so all I managed to do was wound a couple. Thankfully I'd stayed away from terrain with a lot of stuff, so when he double turned me only some of my army died, not all of it!

and fits also the amount of developped armies by GW: for death you have only 1: FEC.  For order you have SCE, Sylva, KO, which all are powerfull, add to this so many start colecting with uber powa (who said Fyre?).... Chaos => idem . Destruction, really underdevelopped and I don't see some impreovments in the near future, a contrario to  death that will have a great 2018 year.

I wont be surprised to see next year close to 

Grand Alliance armies for GW Heat 2018

Order            (35%)

Chaos.         (35%)

Destruction  (5%)

Death             (25%)

22 hours ago, WABBIT said:

Does anyone know what the 1st and 3rd place Order armies were?

21 hours ago, TheNotebookGM said:

I'm pretty sure it's the same list the last big event with. I've seen it posted somewhere on TGA. Maybe a little further back on the main forum in the recap for Orde. 

3rd place list is in one of the last 2 or 3 Heelan eps. Alarielle with every buff available. 

Byron Orde was on Warhammer tv, so if you subsribe you can watch it there:)
I imagine Chris Myhill used something similar to his Master's list found here:
http://baddice.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Masters-2017-Army-Lists.pdf

I play mixed order myself, so really pleased to see some cool lists! I just hate how good skinks are. Really wish I could get cheap battleline elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

So what is suprising to me is that 33 per cent of the field was stormcast or tzeentch. Guess this just reflects the fact that both  are good in game. I’d have thought that inclusion in the starter set would have made khorne more popular though...

Khorne has largely died off outside of murderhost as the battalions hamstring it too much, the ones which are semi decent instantly fall apart when a dude with 5 wounds 4 or 5+ dies. 

Well that's a 220 battalion and 80 point tax so 300 points wasted.

The flat 100 point increase has done little more than stifle diversity, they need to have a in-depth look and work out the points properly, not just a blanket 200+ 

14 hours ago, Arkiham said:

Khorne has largely died off outside of murderhost as the battalions hamstring it too much, the ones which are semi decent instantly fall apart when a dude with 5 wounds 4 or 5+ dies. 

Really good summary of the "state of Khorne"

On 1/15/2018 at 1:34 PM, TheNotebookGM said:

I'm pretty sure it's the same list the last big event with. I've seen it posted somewhere on TGA. Maybe a little further back on the main forum in the recap for Orde. 

3rd place list is in one of the last 2 or 3 Heelan eps. Alarielle with every buff available. 

When your strip away the surrounding bits, 1st and 3rd are essentially the same list.  Loremaster-driven dragonlord supported by 16" move monsters.  

I dub it: Mixed order monster mash

really interesting to have followed this on Twitter as it was happening. Congrats to all the qualifiers!

I think that the distributions of armies represents from the different grand orders is actually fairly spot on with the supported factions within each of them

On 15/01/2018 at 4:57 AM, WoollyMammoth said:

I'm most interested in the two death lists that broke 20

Managed to qualify in 23rd with this list bud

varghulf courtier

necromancer

6 x flayers

5 x dire wolves 

(flayers take van Hal’s, regrow and death save - finding damned where possible, wolves screen and take hit whilst flayers jump over)

cairn wraith  

9 x hosts 

5 x dire wolves (again dogs take hit whilst hosts jump over and damned if poss)

Mounted vampire lord 

60 x zombies

(inspiring presence or +1 attack for 120 hits at 3’s and 3’s)

mourngul - for support 

On 1/16/2018 at 6:59 PM, Arkiham said:

Well that's a 220 battalion and 80 point tax so 300 points wasted.

The flat 100 point increase has done little more than stifle diversity, they need to have a in-depth look and work out the points properly, not just a blanket 200+ 

Playing mortal khorne could be considered a downright depressing experience at the moment.

At least, with the GHB cycle we don't have to wait several years for something to change.

On 1/15/2018 at 4:08 AM, Lysandestolpe said:

Not being near the top probably makes people less interested in my list, haha. But I’ll post it still, I scraped a place at 36 with this list:

The Gargant did well!EC51CC93-2924-4375-B118-049202980E20.png.81f5d3ff42919e7a5d6e996fc0c40daa.pngED426FCC-935A-4D62-A2CC-7F88E89D19FC.png.414fc477f0b920349cb4ce0a2e12eea1.png

Well done to all who top 20d in the tournament, especially Shaun Lang with his Tzeentch who won his game against me with such class and kindness! A well deserved 18th place.

Thanks for sharing. My son, who plays Ironjawz casually, had become disenchanted of late after constantly chasing my Wanderers and his brother's Tzeentch guys all over the board. It's good to see Ironjawz lists that do well in the competitive scene. 

On 1/15/2018 at 9:08 PM, Lysandestolpe said:

Not being near the top probably makes people less interested in my list, haha. But I’ll post it still, I scraped a place at 36 with this list:

The Gargant did well!

Well done to all who top 20d in the tournament, especially Shaun Lang with his Tzeentch who won his game against me with such class and kindness! A well deserved 18th place.

That's a very solid showing mate, well done!

I've got a similar list I'm taking to a large event in Australian this weekend (CanCon), sub out a Gargant and 5 Brutes for a Troggoth Hag.

Any advice?

14 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

That's a very solid showing mate, well done!

I've got a similar list I'm taking to a large event in Australian this weekend (CanCon), sub out a Gargant and 5 Brutes for a Troggoth Hag.

Any advice?

Best advice? Have fun! Ironjawz is not a top tear faction, so be prepared to get beaten by those who are. But make them work for it! :D

Yep, this is a very ockish list (which is a compliment), so it seems as fun as solid. Unfortunately, Destruction is not under the favors of GW lately. 2018 is the year of Chaos and Death. Mayby a GH2018 will add some spice to Destructruction to give a bit of love to those (more and more) forgotten armies/allegiances.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2018 at 5:08 AM, Lysandestolpe said:

The Gargant did well!EC51CC93-2924-4375-B118-049202980E20.png.81f5d3ff42919e7a5d6e996fc0c40daa.pngED426FCC-935A-4D62-A2CC-7F88E89D19FC.png.414fc477f0b920349cb4ce0a2e12eea1.png

Funny thing is, this looks like my 2k list. I drop the ironfist for a second gargant and use daubing of mork instead of destroyer

2 hours ago, Lysandestolpe said:

The more gargants the better!

Definitely, I love my gargants. Great models and a lot of fun. They scare people so they ignore everything else but my mawcrusha maybe and I have had games where they made a huge difference and really kicked some tail

Archived