Malign Portents and The Bad Moon

Xpress

9 hours ago, DrDemento said:

anyway, I don’t have a clear decision on best general except that boss on cave squig is probably not the best choice but I really want to run him for the squig hopper move support from his command ability ?

Im actually really tempted to take the warboss on squig due to his bravery 6. I only tend to use Inpiring Presence anyway, and Bellowing Tyrant a second unit to use his higher bravery seems a good option. 

I think comparing to the stormie boy he is a joke. If a guy can boost 4 bolt throwers with +1 to hit for every unit (within 6")and with the command ability one of them can shoot additional 12 shots  (that is 60 shots on 3+ 3+ rend -1 on 36" if I remember correctly). It is far more deadly than a POSIBILITY to charge after running for a unit that is WHOLLY within 18" (time to measure your horde units). Beastmen have that in the package (run and charge) and I don't see them at all anywhere on the boards.

2 hours ago, meet.the.doctor said:

I think comparing to the stormie boy he is a joke. If a guy can boost 4 bolt throwers with +1 to hit for every unit (within 6")and with the command ability one of them can shoot additional 12 shots  (that is 60 shots on 3+ 3+ rend -1 on 36" if I remember correctly). It is far more deadly than a POSIBILITY to charge after running for a unit that is WHOLLY within 18" (time to measure your horde units). Beastmen have that in the package (run and charge) and I don't see them at all anywhere on the boards.

Wait you're saying that the stormcast hero is overpowered compared to the destruction hero. Surely not...

4 hours ago, meet.the.doctor said:

Tend to agree. I've been trying to make a list that makes him a good General, and best I can come up with is either mixed 'clan-irnjaws list with goregruntas, or moonclan with a big 20 squig hopper unit (or 2) to charge around every turn like a pinball (probably 3-4 opportunities to charge per game, so boosts liklihood of extra attacks. But then why not just take the actual squig hopper general...

You could also use him as a launchpad for charging 60 grots on turn 1, but then you can't put inspiring presence on them... 

I'm gunna give GW benefit of the doubt, and hope  there is some sort of rule-change incoming that makes these little new generals more viable. 

[of course the stormcast is the best one, of course it is...]

I can understand why the representative of the destruction side would be a greenskin, heck i can even get behind the fact that its a grot which makes it a bit more amusing that it would have been if it was an orruk of any kind. But it is sad as has been mentioned above that no ogor love has been shown, or this character can interact with them using his abilities. It just seems like you have the destruction greenskin factions, then the ogor portion of the destruction. 

But hey, the model looks cool at least xD

On 1/28/2018 at 10:45 AM, SolarBur said:

I can understand why the representative of the destruction side would be a greenskin, heck i can even get behind the fact that its a grot which makes it a bit more amusing that it would have been if it was an orruk of any kind. But it is sad as has been mentioned above that no ogor love has been shown, or this character can interact with them using his abilities. It just seems like you have the destruction greenskin factions, then the ogor portion of the destruction. 

But hey, the model looks cool at least xD

to be fair though not a single greenskin can ally with Ogors.....yeah its sad, but consistent 

5 minutes ago, Oreaper84 said:

to be fair though not a single greenskin can ally with Ogors.....yeah its sad, but consistent 

well it makes sense. 

the ogors are pretty much followers of gorkamorka now, but they aren't the armies of his likeness. They just happen to be their own thing. To be fair the same complaint would have been made if the harbinger was an ogor that could only use abilities on ogors. leaving the greenskins out would have created an even bigger outcry. The chance of some new ogor stuff would be nice, its unlikely but we can hope. 

4 hours ago, Oreaper84 said:

There is exactly 1 exception to the divide in destruction.

Gordrakk's Command ability targets an allied destruction unit meaning he can be used in a GA:Destruction army and then apply it to Ogors.

@Malakree Good Guy Gordrakk. 

Is a big angry green guy who leads a horde of other green guys who want to destroy and smash everything.

Still includes everyone regardless of skin color or race if they also want to destroy and smash everything.

Can someone please make this a Good Guy Gordrakk meme? :D

Archived