new death battletome announced!

tea_wild_owl

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think as was stated, deathrattle is not enough for a whole battletome. Your looking at 4 models. Skeletons grave guard, black knights and wight king.

this is far better than a deathrattle battletome brother. It’s probably going to be a spell lore for death, and battalions we can actually use. It will be glorious! All of our newest models are finally getting something to make them worth putting on the table. By that I mean the mortarchs, nagash, basically everything from the end times.

23 hours ago, smucreo said:

Whatever happens, I'm just happy I'm going to be able to run either Neferata or Mannfred as generals on a list with Blood Knights and get an allegiance bonus other than 6++ save lol. 

So true...im hoping for some good battaltions they can lead

I'm curious about how they will change the rules for generic death armies...

And I'm wondering if any changes there might have repercussions for the FEC battletome. Right now, the FEC specific traits are so f'ing lack lustre that they might as well not be there. I've  had 3 games in succesion with them where they ended up doing nothing and that's when I shelved my FEC in favor of Generic Death. Limiting myself to a virtually rend-less army was no good trade off to trying to roll a 6+ (when it actually could make a difference) once or twice in a game or re-rolling a one on a charge. 

If the general death traits are made better, abandoning FEC allegiance might be the default choice. 

I'd love to see some better and/or flashier allegiance abilities for Death proper, but the current set was only printed a few short months ago.  It is unlikely that the dev's opinions on them have changed enough since then that we would be seeing radical changes to them already.  It's certainly possible, but it's probably a mistake to pin any hopes on it.

Again, please remember, this book was probably ready to send to the printers before GW had a chance to see any meaningful feedback from GH'17.

2 hours ago, heromaster said:

reliable source says potentially in stores on February 10th. ****** engaged. 

*Cautiously vibrates with excitement*

I hope they give me a good reason to take multiple vampire lords. I've got about 7 ;) (i just really like my vampires)

Well, there was mention in WD of Vampire Thralls, which did look like footsoldiers. 

They are essentially the guys and gals who got turned by a vampire and often end up like the original vampire. Maybe they will intoduce a "light hero" variant of the vampire lord. 

Vampire thralls.JPG

1 hour ago, Elmir said:

Well, there was mention in WD of Vampire Thralls, which did look like footsoldiers. 

They are essentially the guys and gals who got turned by a vampire and often end up like the original vampire. Maybe they will intoduce a "light hero" variant of the vampire lord. 

Vampire thralls.JPG

Saw that picture when I read the WD, it's super cool.

Would love to see a unit of Foot Vampires like that. That's the kinda foot vampire unit I can get behind existing in the game. Not full Vampires but Thralls who aren't quite there yet. The kinda unit that Soulblight is missing to really add that little extra flavour into the faction. 

On the other hand, while I'm excited about a maybe earlier than expected release for Legions of Nagash, it now looks like we won't even be getting all the way through Malign Portents before the elves steal our thunder, with likely the biggest news out of the entire campaign being Morathi's appearance, and nothing to do with Death at all.

It's looking more and more likely to me that we'll be on to a big dark elf release, fancy new model for Morathi before Malign Portents is even over, and Death will have seen nothing new beyond the knight of shrouds and Grand Alliance: Death 2.0.  Heck, the campaign will probably end with Morathi kicking Nagash's butt and sending him back to the underworld, because jobbing like Worf to prove how hot whatever the new hottness is is basically all he's good for in the AoS narrative.

And that'll just be it for us for another 16 to 24 months or so, apart from maybe another non-release battle tome or two tucked into a slow month here or there.

Please read the thread, or at least like the first page or two.  Nothing's getting axed, apart from maybe some redundant keywords, & possibly some scroll consolidation maybe.  The current model line for death remains unchanged, apart from some things being repackaged on rounds.

The 'six allegiances' are the ones with allegiance rules in the book, they wont be only subfaction allegiances death has.  FEC for instance, will remain its own allegiance with its own allegiance rules in its own battletome, and those rules will stay current even though they wont be reprinted in this book, though the FEC unit scrolls will be.

As for which allegiance rules *are* in the book, that was in the origional announcement and discussed at length early in this thread.  Just look back.

7 hours ago, Sception said:

On the other hand, while I'm excited about a maybe earlier than expected release for Legions of Nagash, it now looks like we won't even be getting all the way through Malign Portents before the elves steal our thunder, with likely the biggest news out of the entire campaign being Morathi's appearance, and nothing to do with Death at all.

It's looking more and more likely to me that we'll be on to a big dark elf release, fancy new model for Morathi before Malign Portents is even over, and Death will have seen nothing new beyond the knight of shrouds and Grand Alliance: Death 2.0.  Heck, the campaign will probably end with Morathi kicking Nagash's butt and sending him back to the underworld, because jobbing like Worf to prove how hot whatever the new hottness is is basically all he's good for in the AoS narrative.

And that'll just be it for us for another 16 to 24 months or so, apart from maybe another non-release battle tome or two tucked into a slow month here or there.

Whilst I'm excited for the potential daughters of khaine release as I've recently started a project of them I am hoping we still get more death stuff this year. Though it is a shame we've not had a snazzy trailer too :(

I will remain optimistic that we will see something new, however at this point a rewrite to our current warscrolls would be a nice first step. Get our core fixed before introducing new factions. But I will be peeved if LoN is all we get since this has been hyped to be the year of death etc.

Personally I think something will be done with the vampire thralls (possibly a later release or maybe a new unit using the foot vampire models) since it feels a bit strange for them to be put in that article out of the blue. Sure it could be a fluff thing but I've wanted vampy footsoldiers for ages so I hold out hope ;) whatever they do for death it likely won't be till after malign portents that we see anything really new though the end of malign portents would be a great way to kick into either a new BT release or new teasers for a new death subfaction. (maybe we can have a new faction based around living gargoyle statues and terracotta soldiers ;) Or maybe I should try and expunge that rather poor third mummy film from my brain...)

Come on people...how many times has all this been said. Confirmed: new models. NEW, not rehashed, allegiance stuff. That post above said 4 new ones. 

Nothing is going bye bye. And LoN wont have any of the new models and such. 

I feel like all this should be obvious and common sense by now. Its not even February yet lol

Where exactly were new models confirmed?  All I've seen are coy references to the possibility of new models some time in the future, which is the same line we've been getting since AoS was released, and doesn't mean new models apart from the knight of shrouds are necessarily any closer to release now than they were two years ago.

2 hours ago, Lightbox said:

Though it is a shame we've not had a snazzy trailer too

Um.... isn't the entire Malign Portents build up is Death's "snazzy trailer"? xD

9 hours ago, Sception said:

now looks like we won't even be getting all the way through Malign Portents before the elves steal our thunder

It is possible that Malign Portents will last all year, so I think we can expect a few more releases for other factions in that time. ;)

I think we have a right to have low morale when the event that was supposed to be all about Death keeps getting sidetracked in favour of other Allegiances. Don't get me wrong, I love Nurgle, but it was as disapointing as it is to see a new teaser for the new aelfs. And one book that is basically a compilation of all existing rules for all we know doesn't change that. 

Now, if later it's revealed that new stuff is coming I'll be the first one to be happy about it. It's just that I'm not that hopeful for now, just like Sception.

Archived