On 8/15/2018 at 6:58 PM, Rhivan said:

Thank you!

Anyway I forgot I had another thing ready a while ago so I'll just post him with a new picture with the Bleakswords hope you guys like him! (he's also the tiniest bit of a hint for a new model range I'll be poaching from...)

1.jpg

Where does bits of the helm come from? 

On 1/28/2019 at 3:25 AM, Kramer said:

The biggest tip for edge highlighting I ever got is use the edge of the brush but that might have been obvious for you 😅

In general, check out YouTube warhammerTV has content on close to every technique. But there are so much more channels. 

Also if you feel the paint job doesn’t do the model justice just yet, especially if you are still looking for that paint scheme, start with a model in a hordey unit. So a dreadspear or something. Paint it start to finish, so maybe two or more slightly different. When you are decided. Strip or paint over the schemes you won’t be using. Those three blokes that are a bit roughly painted... you won’t see that in a unit of 20 or more. Make sure you do the same paint scheme on a couple of dreadspears more and then reward yourself with your lovely converted black guard. 

Its a hobby curse I suffer from as well, new faction? Starting with a hero but ending up liking the paint job on a foot soldier better because I practiced it on the hero 😂

Lol, That is advice I'm sure to follow in the future. Thanks man. (what would you recommend for stripping)

On 1/30/2019 at 3:53 AM, Kramig said:

Where does bits of the helm come from? 

A pile of greenstuff and the Knight of Shrouds helmet. I'm honestly dissapointed with myself that I didn't convert the model more so will probably buy another for that reason.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway I have some plans coming up. Daughters of Khaine will eventually begin being worked on, I'm playing with some ideas of mixing an Avatar of Khaine with a Morghast as well as some other bits and see how that goes, as well as some more conversions based off of my Blackguard that I think I'll be using as Sisters of Slaughter. 

On another note would people be interested in WIPS I have for 40k that could loosely fit here (like Dark Eldar Raiders or my Feudal Techpriest I cooked up. I'd make sure to have those be fewer and further between but I thought I'd ask. (Mainly because of how proud I am of the Ice on the raider)

4 hours ago, Rhivan said:

Lol, That is advice I'm sure to follow in the future. Thanks man. (what would you recommend for stripping)

Basically a toothbrush and a cleaning bottle of choice. Very dependent on what's available in your area. I just use some very basich household cleaner and it's fine. Just google a couple of videos to see what people in your area use. Drop the model in for a couple of hours (for me usually overnight), and just scrub. Pro tip, if at work, google 'Miniature stripping' not 'models stripping'... if at home... it's all up to you ;) 

Just watch out with your stripping agent that you don’t mix water in as well - e.g. pure Dettol bath and the paint comes off nicely (with some scrubbing), Dettol + water = horrible sticky goo that both stays on the mini and gunks up your toothbrush.

Definitely worth watching a youtube vid for that one before jumping in.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So you know how I said I'd do some daughters of khaine stuff? I technically didn't lie... But I'm far more focused on something else xD

As I've said before I mainly play 40k and I decided to branch out into Harlequins and theme them as my Dreadlord/Archon's special forces and well... they certainly look like it I hope you guys enjoy it!

As for the daughters of khaine I did make one Melusai as a test model to see how well the Executioner torsos mesh with them. I honestly like the results although iffy on the ponytail. 

Dreadguard 1.jpg

Dreadguard 2.jpg

Sslyth 1.jpg

Sslyth 2.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/8/2019 at 4:10 PM, Nokrah said:

Nice job!

I curious to know, what will these models represent in 40k?

Depends on the models. Avatar of Khaiine & Morghasts are gonna be Talos Pain Engines, Vargheists will be Grotesques. The Blackguard conversions are the heralds of my Harlequin army, Executioners are my Incubi, and my Dreadspears are going to be my Wracks

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
12 hours ago, Rhivan said:

Alright, so I'm finally working on WH stuff again, and with it I show you my first model in a LONG time. This was my prototype for a Black/Pheonix Guard

incubo10.jpg

I love the model! One of the arms looks a bit stiff but with a good paint job it should look great.