Hello everyone so I'm primarily a 40k player with an avid interest in fantasy and by proxy AoS (but my friends got into 40k so...) and I've been trying to make a lot of my models backwards compatible and the three factions I'm interested in (in AoS) are Death, Dark Elves, and Free peoples so I'll be trying to make as much of my 40k models backwards compatible. But I think I have some cool conversions you may enjoy :) 

So first and foremost the images I shared so long ago here I'll reupload. I'll probably be using these as Varghesits if/when I get my Death army working.

880172509_TalosKhaineEngine03.jpg.0da21676e1183c154447199c3b4cad3c.jpg

EDIT: I added a above conversion to the front page as that'll make my posts more eyecatching ;) That's why you'll see this guy again later.

2145637934_cleanup1.jpg.84b9882202cc2c8c37cbb9d270ec2e3d.jpg897880785_cleanup2.jpg.7870d7b7871b23ef72129c959ce66d28.jpg

Now if I uploaded everything properly you should see my Executioner / Incubi conversions 

I'd love feedback and everyone's thoughts and I'll try to post everything I view as compatible, and if everyone is okay with it I'll try and squeak in models that I just find too cool not to share if you'd like.

Edited by Rhivan
  • Like 14

• 4 months later...

So I finished painting my first ever models a month back (the Executioners), and since I was on TGA I thought I might as well show the update as well as some of the other stuff I've done.

Also Kramer sorry for never responding to you but thank you :) and I agree the legs make the models flow so much better.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 9

I'd love to keep em coming but I'm facing the teensy tiny problem that I can't get more Executioners. As I plan on using their heads for a lot of things xD (That and Shadow Warrior heads, need lots of them too) so currently I have tons of plans and perhaps half the models/bits necessary to carry them out lol.

The Wych Cult conversions are something I'm really happy with! Especially since they were made outta spare parts (except for the hoods but it fit too well not to give them hoods, I just need to get more now (Heads are my worst enemy, or lack thereof)) as for what they are supposed to be... They are kinda filling a limbo for me in 40k (which is what I primarily play because of my LGS and friends) but I'm open to suggestions for what they could be in AoS since I WANT to get into AoS. (As for more pics they are on my painting list so when I start doing them I'll post some extra pics)

Thanks man! I'm really happy with how the executioners came out. They are the first models I've painted and I'm really proud of em!:)  

Edited by Rhivan

• 2 weeks later...

So I got some new conversions for everyone to look at and I can assure you all you've never seen anything like them :D. I have 5 more to build and they are all not quite done yet as I plan on putting some spirit hosts flying around them as well. 

So I tried to make these guys look almost like a royal guard or battlemages, I'm really hoping it comes through for these guys. (I also may start trying to write fluff for my AoS army and post it here. While all of these guys already have fluff in the works for 40k most of it can actually be translated to AoS so you can look forward to that coming in the future :) ) 

Tell me what you guys think, I'm really looking forward to reading everyone's opinions :D 

EDIT: Think I should add sword sheathes to them? I have quite a few.

Drakes 1.jpg

Drakes 2.jpg

Edited by Rhivan
  • Like 8

I can easily glue the sheathes on since they are from the High elf and dark elf kits. I'll paint everything first. thanks for the suggestion.

These guys are using Coldone/Drakespawn Knight torsos, although I'm currently working on the other 5, and because I didn't have another set of Cold One Knight Torsos I'm borrowing some from the Dreadlord kit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/30/2018 at 4:01 AM, danyboy said:

Amazing job! Would like to see them as new models in GW range, some kind of  multiwound Darkling Covens on steroids ;) or more official:

Darkling Eternals;)

Thank you so much for the kind words! I am sorry for taking so long to respond. As for the names I think the Dark Eternals or the Shadowed Eternals may become a name for one of my units now thanks ;)

Well sorry for the wait guys. I really need to hype myself back into the hobby (I've done a little bit as you may see hints of work on my table in the 3rd picture low quality as it is. Now I've made some Wyches for Kill-team but as I'm pretty sure my love of armor has come through and affected the conversions for these models. I think they could pass as Bleakswords personally (and I love them) Please forgive the weapon variance in them though as it was again made for 40k's killteam.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

Love the dynamic poses!

Thank you!

Anyway I forgot I had another thing ready a while ago so I'll just post him with a new picture with the Bleakswords hope you guys like him! (he's also the tiniest bit of a hint for a new model range I'll be poaching from...)

1.jpg

Edited by Rhivan
  • Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 2

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, AGPO said:

Honestly I love everything about this thread! I've had vague ideas to do a Slaaneshi elves army using dark eldar bits for a while but your work blows my concepts out of the water.

Thank you! I really appreciate every comment I can get as I love hearing what people think of my army ☺️If you'd like we can PM and bounce some ideas back n forth between each other to get a good idea of what you'd like to do, as I have tons of conversions saved as well as ideas I can't use because of my theme & fluff. Plus I just enjoy talking about converting.

Speaking of which some projects I have planned in the future. 1.) Some armored models based off my Blackguard conversions but running (they'll be used either as Bladeghasts or Sister's of Slaughter depending on the AoS army I choose to play...), as well as some Dreadblade Harrow Conversions using the same style. Some Avatar of Khaine conversions that'll be mixed with my morghast above. Should be fun! :D (I also have a Battleforce Daughters of Khaine I'll be slowly playing with along the way) 

EDIT: Out of curiosity, what realm does everyone think my army should be from? I plan on having a very Naggarond esque realm for them. Ice & Death are going to be pretty consistent themes in my army so I'm kinda torn between Ulgu and Shyish

Edited by Rhivan
Realm Question

On 1/25/2019 at 5:16 PM, Kramer said:

Hmm ulgu is very cool and works with melerion already being there. If they finally drop and you want to match them in... it would help basing them in ulgu. Bit shyish fits better I think. 

Once Malerion elves drop I'm absolutely going to be playing with them. The Dark Elves & Malekith really to capture a lot of what I like aesthetically in Warhammer. Plus the death theme of my elves seems to be largely aesthetic barring a few major examples. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I don't have any new models I've kept playing with painting so that is the update you'll see.  I'm really liking how I paint ice. Like a lot. As for the dark metal I have two main ways I've been painting it and this is the newer way I'm testing.

For the infantry I'm actually disappointing how the paint job turned out. I like the idea as what I really want is (Metallic) Black Armor with golden trim with purple cloth. Problem is I have no earthly clue how to paint in general (i'm picking things up) but atm have no idea how to edge highlight effectively and well it made me do a poor paintjob on probably my favorite Blackguard :/ If you guys have any tips or tricks on painting & highlighting I'd GREATLY appreciate them. Otherwise lemme know what you think I'd really appreciate some comments & criticisms on this one.
EDIT: I'm also unsure what color to paint the spear shaft. Gold doesn't seem right for it. (I'm totally willing to change aspects of my scheme to look better too) 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by Rhivan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Rhivan said:

Once Malerion elves drop I'm absolutely going to be playing with them. The Dark Elves & Malekith really to capture a lot of what I like aesthetically in Warhammer. Plus the death theme of my elves seems to be largely aesthetic barring a few major examples. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I don't have any new models I've kept playing with painting so that is the update you'll see.  I'm really liking how I paint ice. Like a lot. As for the dark metal I have two main ways I've been painting it and this is the newer way I'm testing.

For the infantry I'm actually disappointing how the paint job turned out. I like the idea as what I really want is (Metallic) Black Armor with golden trim with purple cloth. Problem is I have no earthly clue how to paint in general (i'm picking things up) but atm have no idea how to edge highlight effectively and well it made me do a poor paintjob on probably my favorite Blackguard :/ If you guys have any tips or tricks on painting & highlighting I'd GREATLY appreciate them. Otherwise lemme know what you think I'd really appreciate some comments & criticisms on this one.
EDIT: I'm also unsure what color to paint the spear shaft. Gold doesn't seem right for it. (I'm totally willing to change aspects of my scheme to look better too) 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

The biggest tip for edge highlighting I ever got is use the edge of the brush but that might have been obvious for you 😅

In general, check out YouTube warhammerTV has content on close to every technique. But there are so much more channels. 

Also if you feel the paint job doesn’t do the model justice just yet, especially if you are still looking for that paint scheme, start with a model in a hordey unit. So a dreadspear or something. Paint it start to finish, so maybe two or more slightly different. When you are decided. Strip or paint over the schemes you won’t be using. Those three blokes that are a bit roughly painted... you won’t see that in a unit of 20 or more. Make sure you do the same paint scheme on a couple of dreadspears more and then reward yourself with your lovely converted black guard. 

Its a hobby curse I suffer from as well, new faction? Starting with a hero but ending up liking the paint job on a foot soldier better because I practiced it on the hero 😂

• Like 2