Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Xiremo25

New to AoS, started with a Kharadron O's army

Hi all! New to the forums and also a new player in AoS, started with a kharadron army because of their cool looking models (steampunk airship dwarfs ftw! Also top hats..:D) I bought the recent battleforce skyfleet and planning to expand it..whats the next choice of models to buy? I read 2 more arkanaut companies for the battle line reqs'...also is it worth getting another frigate and gunhauler?

And my current dillema which is if i should build skywardens or endrinriggers from the battleforce :( kinda kept.thinking of losing the skyfleet batallion bonus if i built Eriggers than wardens..but the riggers are more useful as what i read..

The gun hauler is probably definite no on needing another one. As for a frigate or even the ironclad, I think it really depends on how you want to play or maybe if you want to use a particular battalion, but I'm not sure if boat heavy is really optimal either way. I don't know what the skyfleet battalion does, but if you like, build the skywardens and then the next thing you should buy(after the arkanauts) is more endrinriggers. I run wardens and riggers, but the endrinriggers are probably the better all around unit. The next hero you get should probably be an aetherkhemist. You can check the Kharadron thread for "optimized" pairings, but even without that they're probably the best support hero the Overlords have and can pretty much justify themselves with a couple of them wandering around the battlefield giving a unit extra attacks each turn and their aether gun isn't too bad either.

Thanks for the suggestions! Too bad more skyvessels isnt a good build..The skyfleet battalion bonus is that it gives +1 to hit rolls for all units within 6" of the admiral..hmm will recheck that..will definItely get the aetherkhemist next inread lots of good stuff from it! but looks like its gonna take a while for me to make a competitive list then :/ last i checked, Local hobby store only has the skyvessels available..and kinda takes a long time to get stuff from the otherside of the world

27 minutes ago, Xiremo25 said:

Thanks for the suggestions! Too bad more skyvessels isnt a good build..The skyfleet battalion bonus is that it gives +1 to hit rolls for all units within 6" of the admiral..hmm will recheck that..will definItely get the aetherkhemist next inread lots of good stuff from it! but looks like its gonna take a while for me to make a competitive list then :/ last i checked, Local hobby store only has the skyvessels available..and kinda takes a long time to get stuff from the otherside of the world

The problem is that the Gunhauler (Artillery) is very expensive for what it can do.  The Ironclad seems to have decent output though.

I think this roster good 2 start, 2k need more baloon guys (magnitaze them for more flexibility) and ironclad  +1  khemist/Acompany maybe.  Gunhauler, thunders, boss  and frigate bad for competive game, but  for narrative  (path to glory ) usefull.

Spoiler

Allegiance: Kharadron Overlords

Skyport: Barak-Mhornar
- Additional Footnote: There's No Trading With Some People

Leaders
Arkanaut Admiral (140)
- General
Aether-Khemist (140)
- Artefact: Aethershock Earbuster 

Battleline
30 x Arkanaut Company (360)
- 9x Light Skyhooks
10 x Arkanaut Company (120)
- 3x Light Skyhooks

Units
6 x Endrinriggers (240)
- 2x Grapnel Launchers

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1000 

Edited by azmar
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

The problem is that the Gunhauler (Artillery) is very expensive for what it can do.  The Ironclad seems to have decent output though.

Yeah seen the stats more of a support role with a not so reliable look out sir rule..but cost too much at 220 hopefully they will release an errata..lower the points cost on them or some new rules.

46 minutes ago, azmar said:

I think this roster good 2 start, 2k need more baloon guys (magnitaze them for more flexibility) and ironclad  +1  khemist/Acompany maybe.  Gunhauler, thunders, boss  and frigate bad for competive game, but  for narrative  (path to glory ) usefull.

Reveal hidden contents

Allegiance: Kharadron Overlords

Skyport: Barak-Mhornar
- Additional Footnote: There's No Trading With Some People

Leaders
Arkanaut Admiral (140)
- General
Aether-Khemist (140)
- Artefact: Aethershock Earbuster 

Battleline
30 x Arkanaut Company (360)
- 9x Light Skyhooks
10 x Arkanaut Company (120)
- 3x Light Skyhooks

Units
6 x Endrinriggers (240)
- 2x Grapnel Launchers

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1000 

Thanks for the suggested list! Will keep this in mind though im still new to AoS so I wont play much competitive..also ironclads a bit expensive :/  so gotta soare some aether gold for it hehe

• Like 1