New Nurgle models

tea_wild_owl

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Oh, I didn’t realise the BT was on an oval. All bets are off then! 

No worries! They certainly are. 

It's really between the 100mm and 130mm but I hope it will be the latter offcourse. By large because due to him sitting and not having wings I think it's very easy to miss him by Greater Daemon comparison scale. The Bloodthirster and Lord of Change both have their unique designs and I'd really like this GUO to be a fatty, ideally almost like the Forgeworld GUO and in reality this isn't too much to ask either because GW has made much larger models from plastic allrady.

14 minutes ago, suedester said:

I'm assuming the new warscroll won't apply to the current GUO model?

That's a correct assumption. The Lord of Change changed aswell and I think we'll see some changes occur here too.

My best guesses are in the Let's Chat Nurgle topic but can also share them here:
- I expect this GUO to have 14 wounds also (make him very tanky due to his abilities)
- I expect this GUO to have 4 attacks on his sword (Sword and Flail would make 7 then)
- I expect this GUO to rise somewhat in cost, I think 280 would be ideal with the above changes

Now that we know the GUO has more war-gear options we can also expect:
- A bell attack option
- A dagger attack option

While I don't play Nurgle, I am very hyped about it all. Quite frankly I'd give him a sword and dagger, regardless of it being an option or not :) the way the blade is designed like the older artwork just really pleases me. It's fantastic!

Edit:
image.png.53691de791793b97d5d093cef161a443.png

Just look how happy he is with his pimped up wargear!

24 minutes ago, suedester said:

So would there be two warscrolls or will the current model just become obsolete?

I expect one Warscroll with weapon options, like the current Lord of Change has also.
To me this doesn't make the old model obsolete because the old model(s) have a Flail and Sword too but you will use the newer Warscroll most likely.

For Tournaments and the like I think you'll get the new model anyway. You can still obtain the older Greater Daemons in a lot of places but they are by comparison Daemon Prince sized and that really doesn't fit the title of Greater Daemon

I'm glad they just did a classic looking Great Unclean One. I'm also glad that the first new releases are stuff that I don't feel I need to buy immediately! I would like to get some Nurgle stuff at some point but I have so many kits sitting on shelves waiting to be opened that I feel like I really need to hold off buying anything for a while.

At the same time I have painted more models in 2017 than ever before so the pressure to reduce the pile obviously helps motivate me!!

"Of course, good things come in threes, and you’ll be able to use this kit to build one of three variant Great Unclean Ones, each carrying a different set of equipment."

probably 3 different warscrolls

1-melee, similar to the old one

2-caster (bell is classic for spells, like bloab, probably)

3-named 300+points with 2 spells 2 dispells, with a huge spell

I am super excited for this.  AOS has been in a bit of a lull here since before 40k came out, but I've had a few trickles of people expressing interest in it starting back up again.  I've been on the fence on what army I wanted to do, but Nurgle has always been a thought for a while (just never stuck with it).  This kinda seals the deal though, especially since I also have Death Guard for 40k and have "perfected" a good way to paint Nurgle troops.

1 hour ago, wayniac said:

I am super excited for this.  AOS has been in a bit of a lull here since before 40k came out, but I've had a few trickles of people expressing interest in it starting back up again.  I've been on the fence on what army I wanted to do, but Nurgle has always been a thought for a while (just never stuck with it).  This kinda seals the deal though, especially since I also have Death Guard for 40k and have "perfected" a good way to paint Nurgle troops.

The Death Guard stuff were some of my favorite models to paint this year and I'm looking  forward to painting up some Daemons and AoS mortal followers of Nurgle in the coming year. Getting the dirty, rusty, and generally icky effects is just so fun.

Looks like maybe Malign Portents might be a good bit of death vs decay after all. I really need to get my last few death models done so I can be ready for new Nurgle stuff(not to mention the Start Collecting Nurgle box I picked up a few weeks ago and the DG stuff my wife got me for Christmas).

It makes sense, as nurgle is a constant cycle he is chaos' most natural enemy of death. Also why he kind of isn't evil in a way, just everyone needs to swear allegiance.

Personally theory - guy on the cover may be an unshown new release of the lord of blights. Sure, it may be replacing the lord of plagues warscroll but the heads are similar to his new ability teased today.

3 minutes ago, Killax said:

So much info! Love it.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/12/27/battletome-preview-maggotkin-nurgle/

Though with this I do think that Pestigors arn't part of the plan.... Perhaps they will be the final suprise though!

They've not been shy about spoilers, I'd would have though we'd see a Pestigor in the background somewhere if we were getting them, but like you say they could be keeping at least something a surprise.

The past few months I had been working on my Death Guard army I wasn't sure if the Nurgle stuff would spill over into AoS for me, but it looks like GW is taking that decision away from me and Nurgle will be happening for me. Not just daemons, but the Rotbringers too.

So the sum up :D 

1. Lord of Blights supports Blightkings.
2. Blightkings have also seen a points reduction in the book, they’ll make for a very flexible core to many Nurgle armies. (Battleline and likely 140/160 points?)
3. Artefacts and Spells for Daemons of Nugle, Rotbringers of Nurgle and regular Nurgle followers, first spoiler Spell:
AoSMaggotkinPreview-Dec27-Boxout2mshv.jp
4. Great Unclean One to 16 Wounds :D :
AoSMaggotkinPreview-Dec27-Boxout5bncs.jp

5. The bell weapon for Great Unclean One: 
The Doomsday Bell is particularly potent new option, lending an additional 3” of movement to nearby Nurgle units and compensating for their generally poor mobility.

6. Rotigus info:
AoSMaggotkinPreview-Dec27-Boxout3sc.jpg

7. Artefact for Nurgle spoiler:
AoSMaggotkinPreview-Dec27-Boxout4gv.jpg

Archived