New Nurgle models

tea_wild_owl

Very cool. Looks like a great kit. Atia says theres more to come,and also some specific things for AoS. This is all very exciting, Im still holding hope for Kugath, if not these are plenty to convert into. And to think these are plastic, what a time to be alive.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Killax said:

Well release is not this week, just my guess ;) but probably first week of 2018.

Lead off with books and the GUO, then trickle out the beasts, plaguebearers, tree, and dronekings(and pestigors please)? Probably be seeing a stand alone horticulus slimex too. Apparently he's in the 40k Codex.

Yeah makes sence, seperate release of that could thake a while though. Luckily it has its own kit so GW can do that quickly but I wouldnt be suprised if it will be much later. Because of Blightwars exclusives basically :)

Cant wait to see more Nurgle brothers join the field though. Makes me happy as a Khorne player!

DaysofNurgle2-Dec26-Content4tdj.jpg

Lets talk sizes too!

My guess is that big papa is filling that 100mm or 130mm round base. 

GUOs weapon options look awesome. Id go sword and dagger, even if that isnt an option :D

The Beasts are taller but I think they still are on the same base.

12 minutes ago, SeanMaguire1991 said:

Maggotkin is a bit of a mouthful I think Children of Nurgle would have been better seeing as he is the most familial of the 4.

Fair point, although kin also indicates family. 

Think it’s the Boxing Day scotch talking now, but I have The Maggot Family being sung over the Adams family theme tune in my head. 

1 hour ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

Fair point, although kin also indicates family. 

Think it’s the Boxing Day scotch talking now, but I have The Maggot Family being sung over the Adams family theme tune in my head. 

I just imagined a chorus of nurglings snapping their fingers as a baritone-voiced GUO does the song.

So I guess this might be finally decided when we read the tome but my guess is that most 2000pt armies will contain only one guo or exalted guo. And like I predicted the new guo model is way cooler and maybe even larger than the FW eguo that I already own. So what to do? The eguo used to be one of my favourite models but now it make more sense to use one of the new guos as an exalted. 

1 hour ago, Greasygeek said:

So I guess this might be finally decided when we read the tome but my guess is that most 2000pt armies will contain only one guo or exalted guo. And like I predicted the new guo model is way cooler and maybe even larger than the FW eguo that I already own. So what to do? The eguo used to be one of my favourite models but now it make more sense to use one of the new guos as an exalted. 

I have a similar question. If this guo is larger than the eguo...which do I use? What a wonderful problem to have!! Also.. have to find a use for my two current guo and my Original  (the "e.t." Looking one) guo!!!

10 hours ago, wargames101 said:

Where was it confirmed? In any case, I mocked up the GUO on a 130 base, compared to Glottkin, and the 100mm base used by the primarchs and LOC. 

glottkin_guo.png

huge-bases.png

So in your mock-up, the GUO is on a base scaled to 100mm? I would think it's almost definitely on a 130. Especially because the scaling in your image seems off. I'd love to see your mock-up done with a 30 percent increase in size, which is likely more accurate..

Edit: Upscaled GUO 30 percent and added picture.

GUO Upscale 30 percent.png

50 minutes ago, Yeled said:

So in your mock-up, the GUO is on a base scaled to 100mm? I would think it's almost definitely on a 130. Especially because the scaling in your image send off. I'd love to see your mock-up done with a 30 percent increase in size, which is likely more accurate..

Edit: Upscaled GUO 30 percent and added picture.

GUO Upscale 30 percent.png

Yep, in the pic with the Glottkin, the GUO is sized on a 130mm base. I think your scale up is likely in relation to Magnust/Mortarion/LOC.

10 hours ago, SeanMaguire1991 said:

Maggotkin is a bit of a mouthful I think Children of Nurgle would have been better seeing as he is the most familial of the 4.

Call it how you want really :D I did expect it to be called Nurgle Rotbringers but X-kin is cool too. 

Thing with the maggotkin to me is that it  sounds tiny, like a maggot. Plus maggots dont bring rot etc.

Ah well its just a name ;)

7 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

My scale up shows its slightly smaller, just slightly. Use both though :D cool to mix up!

Very, VERY happy about all of this, have had to put up with my regular gaming buddies getting all the books and shiny new toys so it's nice to have something confirmed! Was supposed to be starting a new army in 2018 but that's not going to be happening now...

Just wondering if the Blightkings on Drones will be benefitting from the disgustingly resiliant save now? ;) 

My thake on the size-up: 
image.png.ecbe306409f6ee9f547f787fd1043b07.png

Some comparisons here to verify, Primarch's with new Chaos Space Marines:
hb3d09mr1rkz.jpg

Great Unclean One with Plaguebearers and other Nurgle followers:
DaysofNurgle2-Dec26-Content4tdj.jpg

Great Unlean One (GW 2018) vs Great Unclean One (Forgeworld) 

26133100_1668621903245044_1937018322_n.j
Glottkin (unfinished) vs Great Unclean One (Forgeworld)
GLOTTKINWIP.jpg

So yeah, I think he's slightly smaller as the FW GUO, who also comes on a 130mm base and I think he will be on a 130mm due to the sheer THICC size of the GUO. Makes the most sence to me to do it this way. The Bloodthirster is also an example with a strange base as Skarbrand and a regular BT don't have the same base size.

Cheers,

Archived