New Nurgle models

tea_wild_owl

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, S133arcanite said:

Im guessing that the Pusgoyles will have 6 wounds each (eg Mournfang Cavalry) and be 'A unit of Pusgoyle Blightlords has any number of models' type unit

I would have assumed more since regular plague drones have 5. I would honestly guess 7-8. Seven being sacred and hardy har.. 8 simply adding the drones 5+blightkings 3.

So we're getting the two new plague bearer heroes, but it looks like the old Herald of Nurgle isn't available outside of the Start Collecting box(on the US GW site). He's not just hidden from view like current beasts are in the AoS section, but you can't even search for him. I wonder what the means for him.

26 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

So we're getting the two new plague bearer heroes, but it looks like the old Herald of Nurgle isn't available outside of the Start Collecting box(on the US GW site). He's not just hidden from view like current beasts are in the AoS section, but you can't even search for him. I wonder what the means for him.

My guess is they maintain his rules because he's part of the start collecting box, but otherwise ignore him in favor the two new models. I suspect he won't be available as a separate purchase going forward.

And TBH he's a fairly useless model in terms of his rules, anyway. He's good as a locus for other daemons and that's about all.

4 hours ago, bsharitt said:

I'll bet for a repackage. I doubt they'll make him Start Collecting exclusive.

8 minutes ago, Galas said:

I'll bet for a repackage. I doubt they'll make him Start Collecting exclusive.

I don't know, it might be something their doing to some of the older models. The Cairne Wraith for Nighthaunt is listed as no longer available on the US site and completely gone from some international stores only to be found in the Nighthaunt Tormented Spirits box.

so I got the new white dwarf today. some nice info in there. the tree is a scenery model used to summon daemons. furthermore, nurgle units within 7" can run and charge, near enemy models can get mortal wounds, and "infection points" are generated. nurgle units in your or your enemies territory generate infection points, too.

The Infection points can be used to summon nurgle daemon units or other trees. stronger daemons need more infection points

20171230_130555.jpg

If the tree is going to do with summoning, I hope if fixes summoning better than "late deployment with high chance of failure" where the benefits don't really outweigh the downsides for matched play(but still pretty nice in open play where you can keeping bringing in waves of daemon hordes). I'd be okay of you had to set aside specific units(rather than a points pool) at the beginning of the game with the trade off being that the tree can spit them out automatically.

13 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

If the tree is going to do with summoning, I hope if fixes summoning better than "late deployment with high chance of failure" where the benefits don't really outweigh the downsides for matched play(but still pretty nice in open play where you can keeping bringing in waves of daemon hordes). I'd be okay of you had to set aside specific units(rather than a points pool) at the beginning of the game with the trade off being that the tree can spit them out automatically.

Summoning may not be perfect for Matched Play but GW makes rules and models for three types of play. 

Still, they could make rules for summoning that worked one way for Open Play and another way for Matched Play. It kind of already is that way since you have to put points in reserve on Matched while on Open you just summon stuff.

I feel something like making summoned units cost less points but making it harder to get them on the field (specially the big guys) could be a solution for Matched play. Of course that's just the thought that popped into my head right now and I'm sure there are far more elegant solutions, but the point is that something could be done.

My roomy main problem with beats has been they are a bit random for my taste. Claws and tentacles are random attacks. Tongues are random damage. But pairing them with horticulous is very very tempting. It would be cool because they can take a charge, deal Mortals, fight, retreat, horty deals mortals than run and charge another unit or the same. Tactically diverse and deadly. 

52 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

My roomy main problem with beats has been they are a bit random for my taste. Claws and tentacles are random attacks. Tongues are random damage. But pairing them with horticulous is very very tempting. It would be cool because they can take a charge, deal Mortals, fight, retreat, horty deals mortals than run and charge another unit or the same. Tactically diverse and deadly. 

also, going by GW comments on the official AOS FB page, the beasts may have un updated warscrolls..

Archived