New Nurgle models

tea_wild_owl

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With seemingly only 2 pusgoyle blightlords in box, it makes me hopeful that maybe, just maybe you could field them in min size of 1, which would allow creating that hero without being left with extra guy that's useless.

Still can't wait for these to be released already. I really hope they do same thing as they did with death guard and release the big cool guy in first batch (mortarion back then, GUO now), 'cause I can hardly wait to get my hands on that new GUO.

Agreed, separate horti is great news. I had been on the fence about blightwar for a while, but one the rumors of him being in the 40k codex came out a few weeks back I decided to roll the dice on his separate release and got Nurgle Start Collecting instead of Blightwar. Glad my gamble paid off.

From our friend @zamerion on DakkaDakka : 

from warhammer french froum 

- Battletome : 25€, préco le 6 

- Grand Immonde : 110 € précommande le 6 (5€ de plus que Skarbrand, 20 € de plus que le Buveur de sang et que le Duc du changement/Kairos, je trouve ça étrange) 

- Feculent Gnarlmaw : 22,5€, préco le 6  (the Blight Tree)

- Lord of Blight : 20€, préco le 6 

- Sloppity Bilepiper : 20€, préco le 13 

- Spoilpox : 20€, préco le 13 

- Beast of Nurgle : 32,5€, préco le 13 

- Pusgoyle Blightlords : 55€, préco le 13

EDIT : the WD picture is great, but lacking Gutrot Spume and the Lord Of Plagues (and the 2 Finecast guys)

3 minutes ago, angrycontra said:

With seemingly only 2 pusgoyle blightlords in box, it makes me hopeful that maybe, just maybe you could field them in min size of 1, which would allow creating that hero without being left with extra guy that's useless.

Still can't wait for these to be released already. I really hope they do same thing as they did with death guard and release the big cool guy in first batch (mortarion back then, GUO now), 'cause I can hardly wait to get my hands on that new GUO.

Even if the min unit size is two, buying two boxes and build two hereos and two regular guys isn't too bad(assuming they're pretty decent).

2 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

That put's him at the same price as Mortarian, so I'm afraid it might be accurate.

Yeah... it's possible and honestly looking at the price for the Gaunt Summoner it's in line with the price of the two Heralds, so it's possibly accurate. 

7 minutes ago, wayniac said:

Those prices seem a bit steep even by GW standards.

Really? I thought the exact opposit. The tree, the Battletome and all the Heroes are cheaper than expected. Just a little while ago GW was going for 25-30€ per clampack Hero. 20€ max is a good price. 

3 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Yeah the rest of it seems okay, it’s just the GUO is quite a bit more than the other 2 greater daemons. I’m hoping it’s quite a bit bigger. 

Assuming the beasts are a single model like the picture above suggests, that's a massive price jump for them. Also the Blight lords seem a bit pricey for two models(that price would be okayish for 3).

Yeah how well priced these are will depend on unit sizes I guess. My personal gripe is that now that we have 2 new heralds that might possibly outclass the regular one that comes in the start collecting box and there is no box with them on it, which means either we get the SC box and don't use the herald (which goes against the whole saving money part of the kit) or we get stuff separately.

Of course this is all conjecture, as the day of release comes I'm sure we will have more info. If preorder is up on the 6th when do you guys think we can expect release?

1 minute ago, smucreo said:

If preorder is up on the 6th when do you guys think we can expect release?

The following week. The first round of preorders will go up the 6th, then on the 13th those will go on sale and a batch of preorders will go up and those will go on sale on the 20th. Looks like GW is going to get this all out in January, nice.

4 minutes ago, Mr. White said:

Are these new Blightkings on foot? If so, will the others become oop and only available with Hammerhal?

Blightkings on foot arn't new :) 

In addition I think the Pestigor design is probably legit but GW is full of designs. Perhaps they are part of next Warhammer Underworlds or just a creative design. Not nearly every design sees print. 

49 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Assuming the beasts are a single model like the picture above suggests, that's a massive price jump for them. Also the Blight lords seem a bit pricey for two models(that price would be okayish for 3).

Sure, but they’re also bigger and have a lot more options. And the Blightlords are in a big box so I think there must be a lot of stuff in there. 

Since I have 2 regular GUO and a forgeworld exalted GUO, I think I will hold off on the GUO for now. I only have $200 usd to spend. Although I will be a bit bummed I wont be able to use the "school principal" GUO with the end of recess bell.  No matter what the giant tree does I'm getting one. 

46 minutes ago, smucreo said:

Yeah how well priced these are will depend on unit sizes I guess. My personal gripe is that now that we have 2 new heralds that might possibly outclass the regular one that comes in the start collecting box and there is no box with them on it, which means either we get the SC box and don't use the herald (which goes against the whole saving money part of the kit) or we get stuff separately.

Of course this is all conjecture, as the day of release comes I'm sure we will have more info. If preorder is up on the 6th when do you guys think we can expect release?

Sloppity is such a great model.. that is very unique. But I REALLY think you could convert a regular hearld to be spoilpox. Green stuffing a long scroll on the HoN's outstretched arm should be pretty simple. The quill pen might be challenging but fun! Or you could very easily find a quill pen type piece somewhere on a craft site. I planned on removing or not building the giant shoulder mouth as that really doent appeal to me. so that is one option I will probably explore to save some money and make use of 2 or 3 HoN that I currently have. Also.. they may just make his warscroll better.. who knows!!?

I only have about 200 euros to spend too so once I decide on which 2000 point list I want to run I'll have to adjust it to 1000 points to get something I can play with for the time being, but seeing what has been released for now I have to say I'm inclined to go for Blightkings, The Glottkin and all that stuff haha 

Archived