New Nurgle models

tea_wild_owl

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are some great models.

And it does clear some rumour mill pictures up. It also leaves me more worried that the malign portents expansion will not lead to much death releases than just another battletome without any model additions (just like with FEC) and then a single model released for nighthaunt and that's it... I'll be jumping for joy to be proven wrong down the line however, but not having seen any rumour mill pictures that seem to refer to death models is starting to fuel even more pessimism. 

Well the Nurgle stuff has been set for long time, just as the shadow aelves, so their release shouldn't change anything. With quite low amount of releases that they have been putting for last half a year (basically just the primaris, death guard, shadespire and the Necromunda), I wouldn't be surprised if they had a bunch of releases ready to roll out in short order relates to the Malign portents.

17 minutes ago, Jamopower said:

Well the Nurgle stuff has been set for long time, just as the shadow aelves, so their release shouldn't change anything. With quite low amount of releases that they have been putting for last half a year (basically just the primaris, death guard, shadespire and the Necromunda), I wouldn't be surprised if they had a bunch of releases ready to roll out in short order relates to the Malign portents.

This new nagash book seems related, all about death versus nurgle, with nagash missing (the little scamps up to mischief). So you're probably right. 

The grot shaman knows what's going on though, and the caves will empty soon :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

Thoughts on the blight tree rules? And also the plaguebearer heroes?

Would be cool if its like an inverse of the sylvaneth woods, eg you can create a new nurgle wood OR change an existing wood into a nurgle wood. 

Maybe allow summoning into the woods (rather than teleporting), or just a load of healing buffs inside or near the woods. 

The beast getting even more official is awesome, I can't wait to get some of those.

Maybe they're just showing 4 plague bearers for the song and they have a whole unit of new ones, but the two in the back look like the current ones(hard to tell due to slight blurriness), so maybe we're just getting new "hero" or upgrade plague bearers? Could the guy with the quill be a new herald?

I really want to see the Blightkings on plague drones warscroll vs the current plague bearers on drones. I'm assume the drone attacks will be the same, but the rider will have a better/more attacks, perhaps the same as the existing blight kings. That sounds pretty nice.

Really like the look of the GUO. Looks like they took the same basic pose of the current one, but updated him with the aesthetic of the FW version.

I'm intrigued by what the blight tree actually is and how it will work. Nurgly version of a wildwood?

Archived