New Nurgle models

tea_wild_owl

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thing is though, pestigors are not mortals. They would be gors, just like tzaangors. Thus, any mortal buffing abilities (such as harbinger of decay feel no pain aura) would have no effect on them.

Also I believe both deamon codex and nurgle battletome will drop around same time, with nurgle probably coming first even. Why? Because aos likes to give rules for free and there's no way they are releasing bunch of demon models without aos rules inside the boxes and I'd find it odd that they would release the rules in boxes first and then release battletome later. Also, codex demons and nurgle battletome don't really compete with each other. They are from different game systems and they share large number of models with each other.

On 12/27/2017 at 2:02 PM, wayniac said:

I am currently torn between doing this, or doing Kharadron Overlords.  It's a tough choice.  But there's a couple people who are doing Nurgle it seems, and none who have KO, and I feel variety is important for a gaming community so... I need to see more of the Nurgle rules.

Nurgle is already sort of a counter to KO, making nurgle better makes that counter harder

13 hours ago, Praetor of Calth said:

Atia mentioned Pestigors so it's fair to say there will be Pestigors. I bet we get the Daemon dex and Daemon stuff this month, with the Maggotkin Tome and the new character dropping in the last week of Jan, followed by more Maggotkin stuff in Feb.

It would be cool to have them but it isn't totally correct to say that Atia mentioned there will be Pestigors.

What Atia did is share a small narrative tid bit from the Battletome that mentions Pestigors. Quite frankly though there is more narrative that mentions several things that arn't in said book. Examples are many but in most cases the DoT or BoK books rever to Slaves to Darkness units from time to time which arn't in their Battletome. Likewise many character names are given in all Battletomes and those do not all have their own model.

If I was a betting man I'd say 80 to 20 of Pestigors not getting new models. I hope to be wrong but I somehow doubt they'd suddenly do them without a whole slew of Heroes to match. When we look to the closest example it would be DoT's Tzaangor's but that 'elite' role is actually allready fufilled by Blightkings. For sure other choices to make them massed infantry are there but without any clue so far from the Community website to Pestigors I don't think they will actually be realized as models with this Battletome.

15 minutes ago, Killax said:

It would be cool to have them but it isn't totally correct to say that Atia mentioned there will be Pestigors.

What Atia did is share a small narrative tid bit from the Battletome that mentions Pestigors. Quite frankly though there is more narrative that mentions several things that arn't in said book. Examples are many but in most cases the DoT or BoK books rever to Slaves to Darkness units from time to time which arn't in their Battletome. Likewise many character names are given in all Battletomes and those do not all have their own model.

If I was a betting man I'd say 80 to 20 of Pestigors not getting new models. I hope to be wrong but I somehow doubt they'd suddenly do them without a whole slew of Heroes to match. When we look to the closest example it would be DoT's Tzaangor's but that 'elite' role is actually allready fufilled by Blightkings. For sure other choices to make them massed infantry are there but without any clue so far from the Community website to Pestigors I don't think they will actually be realized as models with this Battletome.

If we do get a surprise unit that hasn't been spoiled(which I don't consider likely in general), I would bet on something closer to a poxwalker equivalent because like you said a tzanngor analogue would be a bit too close to the blightkings, though I guess they could do both and we get pestigors that are based more off ungors than gors and could act more like a cheap hordey chaff unit like poxwalkers.

7 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

From a gameplay point of view, what would Pestigors bring that plaguebears or Blightkings don't already?

Just curious.

They would be a midpoint unit between the two, quite literally when it comes to wounds (Plaguebearers have 1, Blightkings have three,  Pestigor would likely be at 2 like Tzaangor).

I could also see them as a relatively offensive unit, by Nurgle standart. Punchier and faster by the point than Blightkings and Plaguebearers, but less durable. But still slower and worse on the offense than Tzaangor, but more durable than those.

Also, Tzaangor got some unique rules, Pestigor might as well.

Really, with the way AoS rules get designed, it is always possible to give a new unit a gameplay justification. But the gameplay is at best a secondary reason for any release. There are still old designs floating about, they are in the lore, a combo of Chaos Warrior, Beastmen and Demons is still the classic Monogod army in the heads of many players, they would add some new visual elements without distracting from the armies core look. These are all reasons I can think of that are propably more important to how GW plans out their releases, as these days rules always seem to be the last element done for any release.

In fact, I was looking last night to see what kind of beastmen I would convert to look pestigorish and run as allies if we didn't get real ones, and I kind of liked the idea of the ungors because I could run so many of them for so cheap, though at a six up save and garbage bravery, they won't be long for this world and don't have the possiblilty of returning models like poxwalkers. Plus, I don't know about converting 40 models(or 80 if I want to fill my allies slots with two units) so I'm hoping for a non-elite mortal unit even though I don't think it's likely. I don't have anything against plaguebearers, just some times I want the leave the daemons at home mostly for narrative or thematic reasons.

47 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

If we do get a surprise unit that hasn't been spoiled(which I don't consider likely in general), I would bet on something closer to a poxwalker equivalent because like you said a tzanngor analogue would be a bit too close to the blightkings, though I guess they could do both and we get pestigors that are based more off ungors than gors and could act more like a cheap hordey chaff unit like poxwalkers.

Yeah and a reason as to why they have probably skipped on Poxwalkers might simply be the overlap they could easily have with Chaos Marauders of Nurgle. However I hope to be suprised ofcourse but this tidbit just simply isn't enough for me:

thumb_21269632_476959032665501_824275997

The thing for me (or at least this is what I keep in mind) is that Deviantart allready has shown a lot of Nurgle artwork that was mend for this Battletome. This is neat but even all the artwork does not contain "models-only" pieces. I expect there to be a similar freedom in narrative design too, Pestigors make sence to be part of the Nurgle armies, like Khorngors for Khorne armies but in reality we allready have a ton of new releases for this Battletome too.

In addition also consider the ammount of new releases for this Battletome too:
- Great Unclean One/Rotigus (two different models in one kit)
- Piper Herald
- Tallyman Herald
- Beasts of Nurgle
- Blight Tree
- Lord for Blightkings
- Blightkings on Drones
+ Model linked to Blightwars

Then consider DoT as the last Chaos example:
- Lord of Change/Kairos (two different models in one kit)
- Tzaangor Shaman
- The Changeling
- Tzaangor Skyfires (two different units in one kit)
- Kairic Accolytes
- Tzaangors
+ Models linked to Warhammer Quest

So considering the 5th day of Nurgle, 6th and 7th have yet to come I do think that there is one hidden suprise but actually expect it to be a Nurgle Rotbringer Sorcerer update. 
Today or tommorrow I expect the Blight Tree and Blightkings on Drones to be covered. These new models wern't cover yet after all. 

Edit: To be fair, I also wouldn't be overly suprised if the last gift was that Horticulous will be available as a seperate box too. Especially considering the rumours he will be in 40K. 

Edit 2: Yes the more I think about it, the most sence that would make (also considering what happend to Gaunt Summonner and the beefy Tzeentch guy from WQ). My bet is that the following 3 days will include: 
1. Blightkings on Drones
2. Blight Tree
3. Beasts of Nurgle

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/12/29/fifth-day-nurgle-pusgoyle-blightlordsgw-homepage-post-3/

So now we've got the Pusgoyle Blightlords for the 5th day of Nurgle. Looks like they'll be pretty straight forward as Blightkings on Plague drones. Kind of bummed to see there's a hero option to build from the set, meaning you have to buy a whole set and essentially throw away the other(likely two) because of the way AoS does unit sizes.

12 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Of course I guess I could build the hero, then base that flying nurgling alone as the unit leader of the rest.

Love it. I guess it would give you options if you wanted to use the flies as gorebeasts for chariots, or maybe pulling a warshrine.

Just now, VoodooChileIRL said:

Awesome that the flying stand is integrated into the model. I found they were a pain on the Daemon version (though that might just have been me).

While I do find the flying stands on the Plauge Drones themselves to be problematic, in general I've always preferred flying stands over the "modeling something touching the ground as a stand".

My only gripe with the new Pusgyole Blightlords is that one lets you make the hero, which means you'll probably be 1 model short for Matched Play (assuming unit size is 3).  That really grinds my gears because it means you'll either have to buy a box just for 1 model, scour eBay and be at the mercy of scalpers, or pay for 6 and field 5 models.  Given that GW has to know the majority of people are playing matched play, i find that really obnoxious that they still do this.  If the box has 2 models only and not 3, then if the unit size is 3 it might work.

1 minute ago, wayniac said:

My only gripe with the new Pusgyole Blightlords is that one lets you make the hero, which means you'll probably be 1 model short for Matched Play (assuming unit size is 3).  That really grinds my gears because it means you'll either have to buy a box just for 1 model, scour eBay and be at the mercy of scalpers, or pay for 6 and field 5 models.  Given that GW has to know the majority of people are playing matched play, i find that really obnoxious that they still do this.

Yeah, it's forgivable for units created in the days of WHFB when you'd be adding the heroes back to the units anyway, but a really odd and disappointing choice based on how AoS army construction works for matched play.

I agree on being one short of a full unit size (assuming three is the minimum) but cmon guys.. it's kit bash time! I have a spare lord of plagues floating around my bits box (god knows he never saw the battlefield!) toss him on a fly..that's the extra pusgoyle.. allow inn me to build the. Lord of affliction. 

Must be fun to build these fluimt and regular blightkings. All those spare parts to create Unique looking figures.

might pick these up someday to paint. The new Nurgle stuff looks amazing. Except for the enormous mouth on the new daemon Hero. 

Would be Nice to see such an amazing release for an army I actually collect...

Archived