New Nurgle models

tea_wild_owl

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Chaos Daemons faction focus for 40k confirms that Horticulous Slimex is coming tp 40k, so here's to hoping for his solo release(wonder Neave might be stuck in the big box for a while even if he goes solo).  I know there are AoS compatible models that are only in box games like Silver Tower and Shadespire, but those almost seem like they're throwing a bone to players to get more use out of their models(and a lot have seen solo release), but asking 40k players to buy an AoS starter that half of will never have 40k rules seems a bit much for even GW.

1 minute ago, Still-young said:

Yeah he’ll come out seperately with the rest of the stuff. I hope he’s not less than £25 which is what I paid on eBay haha. 

GW seems to pretty inconsistent with their price. I could see him go anywhere from $40 all the way to $60.

2 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

GW seems to pretty inconsistent with their price. I could see him go anywhere from $40 all the way to $60.

I imagine he’ll be £30 (I’m unsure on what that is in dollars in GW pricing). He’s a fairly large model. I could maybe see £25, but I’d be surprised. 

6 minutes ago, Still-young said:

I imagine he’ll be £30 (I’m unsure on what that is in dollars in GW pricing). He’s a fairly large model. I could maybe see £25, but I’d be surprised. 

£30 would probably put him at right around $40 at the real exchange rate, or $50 at GW's exchange rate, both sound plausible.

Lord of Blights looks like an excellent model! They showcased the shooting attack, but also mentioned he can gift a unit of blightkings with the deaths head ability OR shroud them with flies. So probably a defensive buff in there as well. I hope they find a way to make the rotbringers or any mortal nurgle get the 5++ save demons enjoy naturally. Changing the Harbinger of Decay's command ability to just a regular ability (opening up options for general) would be a GREAT help! 

8 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Lord of Blights looks like an excellent model! They showcased the shooting attack, but also mentioned he can gift a unit of blightkings with the deaths head ability OR shroud them with flies. So probably a defensive buff in there as well. I hope they find a way to make the rotbringers or any mortal nurgle get the 5++ save demons enjoy naturally. Changing the Harbinger of Decay's command ability to just a regular ability (opening up options for general) would be a GREAT help! 

And AoS equivalent to disgustingly resilient would certainly be welcome. I could see it as one of the allegiance traits.

21 minutes ago, Kronos said:

So ..

-GUO, with option to build Rotigus

- 2 Plague Bearer Heralds

-Beasts of Nurgle

-Lord of Blights

-Pusgoyles (mounted Blightkings)

- Blight Tree

-Battletome

Can't imagine there'll be more in this current Release.

-

L.o.c/kairos

changeling

blue horrors/brimstone

kairic acolytes

tzaangors

sky fires/enlightened

tzaangor shaman

gaunt summoner

ogroid 

battletome

Despite some of these were originally released in the silvertower box they also got rereleased as individuals during tzaanuary.. If my memory is correct.

So by comparing nurgle to tzeentch release my guess is that there are room for one more release. Though I remain happy even if we have seen it all now.

Just now, smucreo said:

(Please be pestigors, please be pestigors).

Yeah that or pox walkers. Also still got my fingers crossed for a new epidimius sculpt. But I am getting more certain that I will have to build it myself if it still make sense to add him after reading the new tome.

1 hour ago, polarbear said:

Can't wait to learn more about the Blight Tree. Seems like such a cool and unique new model. 

I cant wait! I have a blightking heavy army with trees (sylvaneth bits) all growing out of them and the bases are a spring flower meadow... it would just fit SOOOO well with my army I just hope the rules are good :P

2 hours ago, Praetor of Calth said:

Atia mentioned Pestigors so it's fair to say there will be Pestigors. I bet we get the Daemon dex and Daemon stuff this month, with the Maggotkin Tome and the new character dropping in the last week of Jan, followed by more Maggotkin stuff in Feb.

Im skeptical about that. I really really want pestigors, kugath, and Epidemius as well as the odd pestigor character, but I dont want to leave myself ready for disspointment, so for now I just can't see it happening. But equally I hope I'm proven wrong and this is but half of the wave to come.

Archived