New Nurgle models

tea_wild_owl

6 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Well, no ; between Grand Alliance : Chaos and Battletome : Disciples of Tzeentch, the Curseling warscroll stayed the same.

(It was only renamed between the Warriors of Chaos compendium and Grand Alliance : Chaos).

In GA:C ; the old mounted Lord of Nurgle is already (re)named Harbinger of Decay, so he shouldn't be renamed in the Battletome...

Actually, there where three renames fron GA:Chaos to Disciples of Tzeentch. Curseling, Lord of Tzeentch became Curseling, Eye of Tzeentch, Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch became Magister and Lord of Tzeentch on Disk became Fateweaver. However, all their actual rules stayed pretty much as they where, iirc.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/25/2017 at 6:49 AM, Elmir said:

These are some great models.

And it does clear some rumour mill pictures up. It also leaves me more worried that the malign portents expansion will not lead to much death releases than just another battletome without any model additions (just like with FEC) and then a single model released for nighthaunt and that's it... I'll be jumping for joy to be proven wrong down the line however, but not having seen any rumour mill pictures that seem to refer to death models is starting to fuel even more pessimism. 

Are you kidding? Malign Portents is going to be just a TON of death. Even the Nurgle preview video talked about death coming up next.

So that makes 5 plaguebearer heroes/heralds now? :o

Sloppity Bilepiper

Spoilpox Scrivener

Herald of Nurgle (to be renamed?)

Horticulous Slimux

Epidemius

That makes even more herald options than Bloodletters (4).  I guess Horrors also have 5 if you include the Blue Scribes.

5 minutes ago, BrAiKo said:

Sloppity Bilepiper

Spoilpox Scrivener

Horticulous Slimux

Epidemius

That makes even more herald options than Bloodletters (4).  I guess Horrors also have 5 if you include the Blue Scribes.

Now you just need to make them into their own faction and have them have no allegiance bonus... maybe call them something like Plaguelords? :D 

1 hour ago, BrAiKo said:

Sloppity Bilepiper

Spoilpox Scrivener

Horticulous Slimux

Epidemius

Well technically Horticulous isn’t a plaguebearer hero as he does not have the plaguebearer keyword. Found out about that when trying to put him into the tallyband battalion.

Yeah the point is that silly is a great thing aswell.

I am really happy that GW is willing to go this routes. There is nothing more frustrating as a guy thaking miniature games way too seriously. One reason why I feel this way is because it's an hobby to enjoy yourself with. Nurgle is both terrifying and jovial, that is the point of Nurgle. Likewise Khorne is both crazy and hateful, nothing screams this as a guy swinging a burning anvil on a chain to his opponents.

The more GW allows itself to freely create with as much fun as possible the better the results get. 

50 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

Well technically Horticulous isn’t a plaguebearer hero as he does not have the plaguebearer keyword. Found out about that when trying to put him into the tallyband battalion.

Hmm you're right.  Let's hope this gets rectified in the battletome, as he's clearly a plaguebearer (even moreso than Epidemius, who counts) pun intended.

Not to mention that Skulltaker is a bloodletter and the Changeling is a horror.

37 minutes ago, Killax said:

Yeah the point is that silly is a great thing aswell.

I am really happy that GW is willing to go this routes. There is nothing more frustrating as a guy thaking miniature games way too seriously. One reason why I feel this way is because it's an hobby to enjoy yourself with. Nurgle is both terrifying and jovial, that is the point of Nurgle. Likewise Khorne is both crazy and hateful, nothing screams this as a guy swinging a burning anvil on a chain to his opponents.

The more GW allows itself to freely create with as much fun as possible the better the results get. 

I'm 100% on board with GW getting some silly/goofy models out there.  I was a little worried when AoS first game out and the early factions seemed so serious and angry. They even made a faction of naked dwarfs too serious. But this year helped with Brokk's top hat, Horticulous Slimux and the Death Guard in general finding that scary but fun middle ground. Now we've got some fun new Nurgle stuff(especially all these new nurglings) and the mushroon headed goblin, so GW is heading in a direction that particularly like where you can still take it seriously, but it's still fun and a bit lighthearted.

2 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

That is one awesome looking model. A bit short on the news of today if this was it for day 4. But looking forward to read more about the mortals. Pusgoyles? Thats the blightking drones right?

Yeah, Pusgoyle Blightlords is probably the flying Blightkings. Then for days 6 and 7 we'll have the tree and the new beasties.

Little disappointed we didn't get a peak at his war scroll.

Well I'm happy that I was wrong (thought that they had already shown all new models). I do still wonder though whether this is the last one (of new unseen models) or are they still holding pestigors hidden (assuming of course that pusgoyles are drone kings). Considering that there are 3 more days left of these reveals, tomorrow should be drone kings, day after that prob. Beasts of nurgle and blight tree as the last one. 

1 minute ago, angrycontra said:

Well I'm happy that I was wrong (thought that they had already shown all new models). I do still wonder though whether this is the last one (of new unseen models) or are they still holding pestigors hidden (assuming of course that pusgoyles are drone kings). Considering that there are 3 more days left of these reveals, tomorrow should be drone kings, day after that prob. Beasts of nurgle and blight tree as the last one. 

Hopefully there will be more surprises (pestigors, AoS poxwalkers) as the releases start to happen.

So if a unit of pusgoyles (dronekings) has a nurgle daemon hero and a wizard to grant them the blades of putrefacation spell effect. They will make extra mortal wounds on hits and wounds of 6. And dont forget the blight sword effect also. That will make for one nasty set of flies... Currently 3 plaguedrones cost 220pt. A bit on the expensive side. What do you speculate the pusgoyles to cost? 320?

Archived